Windows 10: Cumulative Update KB4073290 Windows 10 v1709 Build 16299.194 - 64-bit

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
  1.    18 Jan 2018 #40

    Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4023057)

    KB4023057 Update to Windows 10 for update reliability - Windows 10 Forums

    I got this today but nothing changed.
    Last edited by Brink; 18 Jan 2018 at 18:28. Reason: added link
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    18 Jan 2018 #41

    Josey Wales said: View Post
    Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4023057)

    KB4023057 Update to Windows 10 for update reliability - Windows 10 Forums

    I got this today but nothing changed.
    Looks like you're using an old version of Windows (1607) This is pre Creators Update which is itself pre Fall Creators Update!
    Strike that - sorry - it also apples to the Creators Update (1703), but NOT to the Fall Creators Update (1709)

    What version of Windows 10 are you on?

    See here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...r-update-relia

    This says "This update includes reliability improvements that affect the update components in Windows 10 Versions 1507, 1511, 1607, and 1703."

    So you probably won't see anything, but it's doing its job "behind the scenes". I wish all updates would!
    Last edited by Brink; 18 Jan 2018 at 18:28. Reason: added link
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    18 Jan 2018 #42

    VBF said: View Post
    And for Wireless:
    Attachment 173235
    So I searched for and downloaded Qualcomm Atheros wireless driver v10.0.0.341 for AR9002WB and Windows 10
    https://www.atheros-drivers.com/down...Windows10.html
    Wireless is not working on our Toshiba. I had had the laptop completely apart twice so that I could reflow the GPU contacts. After the second time, the wifi was not working. I assumed I had forgotten to re-attach the wifi antenna. Can't recall if I had Win 10 at that time. Anyway, not wanting to remove all those screws again, I used an old usb wifi stick (which we lost the other day) I have a new one, but at present we have Toshiba on an ethernet connection.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    19 Jan 2018 #43

    agent99 said: View Post
    Wireless is not working on our Toshiba. I had had the laptop completely apart twice so that I could reflow the GPU contacts. After the second time, the wifi was not working. I assumed I had forgotten to re-attach the wifi antenna. Can't recall if I had Win 10 at that time. Anyway, not wanting to remove all those screws again, I used an old usb wifi stick (which we lost the other day) I have a new one, but at present we have Toshiba on an ethernet connection.
    Dare I ask if
    1 You can think back to before you updated to Windows 10, and was it working then - when did it actually stop working?
    2 If you go into Device Manager, do the Network Adaptors look like the screenshot I posted above (#38) or do they have odd symbols beside them? Some help may be found here

    Obviously, you could have a hardware problem but your post has opened up more than one possibility.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    19 Jan 2018 #44

    VBF said: View Post
    Dare I ask if
    1 You can think back to before you updated to Windows 10, and was it working then - when did it actually stop working?
    2 If you go into Device Manager, do the Network Adaptors look like the screenshot I posted above (#38) or do they have odd symbols beside them? Some help may be found here

    Obviously, you could have a hardware problem but your post has opened up more than one possibility.
    It's my wife's computer - If I can ever get at it, I will have a look at it again :) No yellow or other symbols in Device manager. I was there recently because somehow Win10 chose the front microphone plug as the default instead of the internal microphone! Must be working - she is on Skype with sister :)

    Thinking back? - It was 2 1/2 years ago that I finally got the GPU contacts reflowed and working (Heated it with propane torch!) It was after that that I noticed the wifi was not working. Free W10 upgrade was when? Maybe June 2016 when I did it. So 1 1/2 years ago. More than likely it was a hardware problem.

    Anyway, other than using one USB port, an external Wifi adapter works fine. The new one I just bought cost US$11 at Office Depot.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    19 Jan 2018 #45

    VBF said: View Post
    Looks like you're using an old version of Windows (1607) This is pre Creators Update which is itself pre Fall Creators Update!
    Strike that - sorry - it also apples to the Creators Update (1703), but NOT to the Fall Creators Update (1709)

    What version of Windows 10 are you on?

    See here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...r-update-relia

    This says "This update includes reliability improvements that affect the update components in Windows 10 Versions 1507, 1511, 1607, and 1703."

    So you probably won't see anything, but it's doing its job "behind the scenes". I wish all updates would!
    I am on 15063.877 and 16299.194
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    19 Jan 2018 #46

    Josey Wales said: View Post
    I am on 15063.877 and 16299.194
    I think you may be mistaken unless we're discussing 2 different PCs!

    From here it says:
    "Today, Microsoft released a pair of cumulative updates for PCs that are running the Creators Update (version 1703) and for those running the Anniversary Update (version 1607).Those on version 1703 will receive KB4057144, or build 15063.877,Those that are still on the Anniversary Update, or version 1607, will see KB4057142, or build 14393.2034,"

    And here
    "As it turns out though, there's another update, which is for version 1709 (the Fall Creators Update) and isn't listed in the Windows 10 Update History. It's KB4073290, and it brings the build number to 16299.194."

    So 15063.877 pertains to the Creators Update (version 1703) But 16299.194 pertains to the FALL Creators Update (version 1709). I don't think you are on both!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    19 Jan 2018 #47

    success on Win10-1709x86-32Bit with AMD Turion X2



    additional manually installed KB4073291 after KB4056892 was installed again (after 10th recovery) but still NOT REBOOTED.

    manual reboot, waiting long
    hang on power down, manually powered off
    start, wait endless at 100%, auto-reboot, wait endless to finish install


    now on 16299.201 everything working again ...
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    19 Jan 2018 #48

    VBF said: View Post
    I think you may be mistaken unless we're discussing 2 different PCs!

    From here it says:
    "Today, Microsoft released a pair of cumulative updates for PCs that are running the Creators Update (version 1703) and for those running the Anniversary Update (version 1607).Those on version 1703 will receive KB4057144, or build 15063.877,Those that are still on the Anniversary Update, or version 1607, will see KB4057142, or build 14393.2034,"

    And here
    "As it turns out though, there's another update, which is for version 1709 (the Fall Creators Update) and isn't listed in the Windows 10 Update History. It's KB4073290, and it brings the build number to 16299.194."

    So 15063.877 pertains to the Creators Update (version 1703) But 16299.194 pertains to the FALL Creators Update (version 1709). I don't think you are on both!
    Then you would be wrong as I am dual booting the CU and The FCU

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	69 
Size:	17.1 KB 
ID:	173345
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    19 Jan 2018 #49

    Josey Wales said: View Post
    Then you would be wrong as I am dual booting the CU and The FCU

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	69 
Size:	17.1 KB 
ID:	173345
    Thank goodness for THAT! I thought I was going mad(der) than I am already
    However, i must say that that is a particularly sneaky thing to do!
    I like the idea of making Macrium one of the boot options too - never thought of that!

    Your original question about nothing changing (#42) is presumably answered now?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Related Threads
UPDATE 1/3: Cumulative Update KB4056892 Windows 10 v1709 Build 16299.192 - Windows 10 Forums Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4054517/windows-10-update-kb4054517 Find Windows 10 Version Number
UPDATE 1/18: Cumulative Update KB4073291 Windows 10 v1709 Build 16299.201 - 32-bit - Windows 10 Forums UPDATE 1/17: Cumulative Update KB4073290 Windows 10 v1709 Build 16299.194 - 64-bit - Windows 10 Forums Source:...
Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4073291/january-18-2018-kb4073291-os-build-16299-201 Direct download link for KB4073291 MSU file from Microsoft Update Catalog: :arrow: Download KB4073291 MSU for Windows 10 v1709 32-bit (x86)...
UPDATE 12/12: Cumulative Update KB4054517 Windows 10 v1709 Build 16299.125 - Windows 10 Forums Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4051963/windows-10-update-kb4051963 See also: Servicing stack update KB4054022 for...
UPDATE 11/14: Cumulative Update KB4048955 Windows 10 v1709 Build 16299.64 - Windows 10 Forums Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4043961 Find Windows 10 Version Number
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:51.
Find Us