Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17074.1002 for PC - Slow Insider

Page 55 of 64 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 499
    WINDOWS 10 Pro x64 builds 17101.1000, 17604.1000, 16299.248
       4 Weeks Ago #541

    The favorites bar doesn't appear on the main page of Edge, it is assumed that if the toggle that is in the settings to "Show the favorites bar" is disabled, that favorites bar should appear on the main page and new tabs such as it happens in Chrome but, in my case, it doesn't appear.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 10,773
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       4 Weeks Ago #542

    linw said: View Post
    All good here.

    Windows.old still not being totally cleared out. Not worried but just for info, the folder goes:-
    Windows.old/Userid/AppData/Local/Packages/Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy/LocalState

    It errors with that string above is unavailable. rd /s worked again.
    can confirm that.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    4 Weeks Ago #543

    martyfelker said: View Post
    You are correct 25 is the latest iso from Microsoft. You could try https://thewincentral.com/windows-10-redstone-4-build-17074-1002-iso-images-3rd-party-now-available/ but you are on your own.

    If anybody posts that they are will to share that would be nice.
    Many thanks for the link. My pc can't get past 17063, as it fails that update repeatedly and consistently. NOW, I can try upgrading it to 17074.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 10,773
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       4 Weeks Ago #544

    LEOPEVA64 said: View Post
    The favorites bar doesn't appear on the main page of Edge, it is assumed that if the toggle that is in the settings to "Show the favorites bar" is disabled, that favorites bar should appear on the main page and new tabs such as it happens in Chrome but, in my case, it doesn't appear.
    Now this is weird. My settings were: start with new tab, and new tab is set to top pages. Favorites bar worked as it should (showing on start and new page and hidden in others)

    Switched to start with start page and hiding favorites hid them for all pages, including new tab.

    Switched back to start with new tab page, hide is working again
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    4 Weeks Ago #545

    Slow update


    On my ancient Thinkpad T60, this update took about 5hrs to complete - no issues though
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 2,599
    64-bit Win10 Pro Insider Build 17604
       4 Weeks Ago #546

    goatty2 said: View Post
    installed latest update and didn't take long but knocked wifi off again and had to put password back on after found the connection.
    synaptic touchpad driver replaced with one that doesn't work as usual
    clicked on a link on msn page and ended up with 15 tabs open so closed it down and tried same link this time only one tab came up

    - I occasionally get that multiple tab glitch in Edge, as well
    - could it be an effect deriving from mouse acceleration, I wonder..
    - I usually have my G9 set on the second notch, to make moving round the 1600x900 res a bit easier (??)
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 499
    WINDOWS 10 Pro x64 builds 17101.1000, 17604.1000, 16299.248
       4 Weeks Ago #547

    AndreTen said: View Post
    Now this is weird. My settings were: start with new tab, and new tab is set to top pages. Favorites bar worked as it should (showing on start and new page and hidden in others)

    Switched to start with start page and hiding favorites hid them for all pages, including new tab.

    Switched back to start with new tab page, hide is working again
    Before writing my comment I tried all the possible combinations in Settings to see if that bar appeared but not, it simply refuses to appear in the new tabs or main page, as this was just implemented in the build 17063 I assume that not yet it works very well, hopefully in the next builds it works as well as it works in Chrome.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 1,304
    Triple Boot Windows 10 IP Build 17046/Windows Server 2016/Debian Sid
       4 Weeks Ago #548

    Mark Phelps said: View Post
    Many thanks for the link. My pc can't get past 17063, as it fails that update repeatedly and consistently. NOW, I can try upgrading it to 17074.
    I hope you got it. If found the ISO can you provide the direct link to Wzor's site - perhaps privately if you don't want to incur the wrath of the admins here. I can't seem to find - the site just loops. This a few hours after I posted here.
    WZOR is at least semi-official Below is D.S. hanging with WZOR. It was a download from the page of his combo downloads. Buildfeed.net is semi-official as well. The guy that produces the live monthly Insider's show mentioned uploading to Buildfeed a few days before an update appeared here.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DonaSarkar_and_SecondFlightTo2018YEAR_WindowsInsiders_Redstone_4_Build_17074.1002.rs_prerelease_.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	654.7 KB 
ID:	173705
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 499
    WINDOWS 10 Pro x64 builds 17101.1000, 17604.1000, 16299.248
       4 Weeks Ago #549

    martyfelker said: View Post
    I hope you got it. If found the ISO can you provide the direct link to Wzor's site - perhaps privately if you don't want to incur the wrath of the admins here. I can't seem to find - the site just loops. This a few hours after I posted here.
    WZOR is at least semi-official Below is D.S. hanging with WZOR. It was a download from the page of his combo downloads. Buildfeed.net is semi-official as well. The guy that produces the live monthly Insider's show mentioned uploading to Buildfeed a few days before an update appeared here.
    Wzor and Buildfeed have absolutely no relationship with Microsoft, in no way can they be considered "semi-official" sites, IMO, in fact, the founder of Buildfeed has some "animosity" towards Microsoft, you can easily notice if you read some of the tweets he writes.

    Also, the fact that in Buildfeed doesn't appear any "canary" build doesn't mean anything, as I said before, several times Microsoft has released builds that didn't appear in Buildfeed, this revision of build 17074, ie 17074.1002, did not appear in Buildfeed, it only appeared when Microsoft released it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 1,304
    Triple Boot Windows 10 IP Build 17046/Windows Server 2016/Debian Sid
       4 Weeks Ago #550

    Mark Phelps said: View Post
    Many thanks for the link. My pc can't get past 17063, as it fails that update repeatedly and consistently. NOW, I can try upgrading it to 17074.
    You are welcome. I have installed this build as a Hyper-V VM. There are interesting differences in the way enhanced vs non-enchnaced sessions look viz:

    Enhanced SessionClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (22h 01m 44s).jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	289.3 KB 
ID:	173716

    Non-Enhanced

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (22h 02m 31s).jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	343.2 KB 
ID:	173717

    Unfortunately in the "enhcanced session you cannot change the screen resolution. In the non-enchanced you CAN change screen resolution. So I will run the VM non-enchanced. Also, because I can install this Windows 10 Build 17074.1002 on both VMware and Virtualbox it will interesting to see how they will look/work. Thanks WZOR.

    Final screen capture.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Windows 10 Build 17074.1002 .PNG 
Views:	2 
Size:	586.4 KB 
ID:	173719

    Suggestion (I will make this on Feedback Hub as well. Put a shortcut to cmd.exe on the Toolbar or even on the initial desktop
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 55 of 64 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Hi, I am in the slow ring, an the latest update failed after the second restart and windows installation rolls back to previous insider build. The symptoms are very similar to what's described here...
Source: Announcing Windows Server Insider Preview Build 17074 - Windows Experience Blog 953332203680710656 This is a prototype "dashboard" for Windows Insiders to quickly identify the latest Insider Preview releases for PC, Server, IoT, and...
UPDATE 10/4: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Slow Build 16299.15 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums UPDATE 9/28: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Slow+Fast Build 16299 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums 912785209581555712...
UPDATE 10/4: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Slow Build 16299.15 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums UPDATE 10/2: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 16299.15 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums 913556690376773632...
UPDATE 9/26: Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Slow Build 16296 for PC - Windows 10 Forums 911319835648204800 910247567849426945 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16291 for PC - Windows Experience Blog
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:48.
Find Us