Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17074.1002 for PC - Slow Insider

Page 48 of 64 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 10,773
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       4 Weeks Ago #471

    Josey Wales said: View Post
    I understand that ,but since it only fixes two issues and some users cannot even get this installed, wouldn't it be easier to just upload the 2 patches to Windows Upload Catalog? Or posts links to them in the HUB?
    johngalt said: View Post
    No. Because those two patches cannot be applied on system that cannot boot. And one of the two patches fixed an error that systems cannot boot when installing the original 17074.

    So, if you upgraded to 17074, and your system cannot boot, how do you apply a patch?
    Even more simple...

    in 17074 those systems were blocked to even receive new build, so MS have to remove old build and replace it with new one. And since it's basically the same build + those two patches, we got mino increment..
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    4 Weeks Ago #472

    johngalt said: View Post
    No. Because those two patches cannot be applied on system that cannot boot. And one of the two patches fixed an error that systems cannot boot when installing the original 17074.

    So, if you upgraded to 17074, and your system cannot boot, how do you apply a patch?
    That being true then how does one get a new build if their system will not Boot. It is the same thing. But enough of this MS will do what they do.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 10,773
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       4 Weeks Ago #473

    Josey Wales said: View Post
    That being true then how does one get a new build if their system will not Boot. It is the same thing. But enough of this MS will do what they do.
    Josey, look at the post above. Those systems were blocked to receive new build
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    4 Weeks Ago #474

    AndreTen said: View Post
    Josey, look at the post above. Those systems were blocked to receive new build
    Then how are they getting this one if their system will not boot without using MR or any other backup. When I started with the IP Builds I had no backups, I did not have MR then. The builds just seemed to work. Now please lets move on, I am sorry I brought this up.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 564
    ,7,8.1 10TP 10upgrade,MINT
       4 Weeks Ago #475

    I've just read about the 17074.1002 on the forum, looked in settings and its just about to upgrade now.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 10,773
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       4 Weeks Ago #476

    Josey Wales said: View Post
    Then how are they getting this one if their system will not boot without using MR or any other backup. When I started with the IP Builds I had no backups, I did not have MR then. The builds just seemed to work. Now please lets move on, I am sorry I brought this up.
    Their system can boot, since they were never offered 17074 before...
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 258
    Windows 10 preview 64-bit
       4 Weeks Ago #477

    AndreTen said: View Post
    Their system can boot, since they were never offered 17074 before...
    Possibly not as this link shows what the original problem was,Here's why some AMD systems are failing to boot after installing Microsoft's patches

      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 10,773
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       4 Weeks Ago #478

    Fabler2 said: View Post
    Possibly not as this link shows what the original problem was,Here's why some AMD systems are failing to boot after installing Microsoft's patches
    Those are not patches for Insider builds.... But Of course, I have no idea if any / how many AMD systems were updated to Insider build 17074 before this build came out.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    4 Weeks Ago #479

    slicendice said: View Post
    Have you tried running the following command in elevated CMD and rebooting?
    Gave it a shot and no go. Same issue with VMware and it's a Microsoft bug likely created by fixing the install issue with virtualization.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    4 Weeks Ago #480

    AndreTen said: View Post
    Their system can boot, since they were never offered 17074 before...
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17074.1002 for PC - Fast Insider - Page 47 - Windows 10 Forums

    I was going by the reply to my post above Andre...
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 48 of 64 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Hi, I am in the slow ring, an the latest update failed after the second restart and windows installation rolls back to previous insider build. The symptoms are very similar to what's described here...
Source: Announcing Windows Server Insider Preview Build 17074 - Windows Experience Blog 953332203680710656 This is a prototype "dashboard" for Windows Insiders to quickly identify the latest Insider Preview releases for PC, Server, IoT, and...
UPDATE 10/4: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Slow Build 16299.15 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums UPDATE 9/28: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Slow+Fast Build 16299 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums 912785209581555712...
UPDATE 10/4: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Slow Build 16299.15 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums UPDATE 10/2: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 16299.15 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums 913556690376773632...
UPDATE 9/26: Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Slow Build 16296 for PC - Windows 10 Forums 911319835648204800 910247567849426945 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16291 for PC - Windows Experience Blog
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:46.
Find Us