Protect your Windows devices against Spectre and Meltdown

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 853
    Windows 10 Pro 21H1 build 19043.1706
       #40

    Nice, that makes it a bit easier for the confused, can always guarantee Steve Gibson makes things clear!
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 324
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
       #41

    HP has just removed all the fixes from their website!

    here is what they say:

    In response to Intel’s recommendation, HP is taking the following actions:
    • HP is removing HP BIOS softpaqs with Intel microcode patches from hp.com.
    • HP will be reissuing HP BIOS softpaqs with previous Intel microcode starting January 25, 2018.
    • Once Intel reissues microcode updates, HP will issue revised Softpaqs.

    No Idea what went wrong~!
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 2,826
    Windows 10 Pro X64
       #42

    Hi,

    No Idea what went wrong~!
    Frequent spontaneous reboots after the MC update I reckon.

    Cheers,
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 56,064
    Multi-boot Windows 10/11 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #43

    rezpower said:
    HP has just removed all the fixes from their website!

    here is what they say:

    In response to Intel’s recommendation, HP is taking the following actions:
    • HP is removing HP BIOS softpaqs with Intel microcode patches from hp.com.
    • HP will be reissuing HP BIOS softpaqs with previous Intel microcode starting January 25, 2018.
    • Once Intel reissues microcode updates, HP will issue revised Softpaqs.

    No Idea what went wrong~!


    fdegrove said:
    Hi,



    Frequent spontaneous reboots after the MC update I reckon.

    Cheers,
    So has Dell. The reboot issue, and general performance drop problems. Sluggish..... not everyone, but enough.
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 5,833
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       #44

    dalchina said:
    Are you vulnerable? Try this very quick check:
    GRC
    Thanks for that, dalchina. From a reliable source as well. Very quick, too, as you stated.
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 2,826
    Windows 10 Pro X64
       #45

    Hi,

    From a reliable source as well.
    Been a Steve Gibson fan for decades. Sure knows his stuff.

    Cheers,
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 853
    Windows 10 Pro 21H1 build 19043.1706
       #46

    Intel are now recomending not to update the microcode and to stop deployment, see here https://newsroom.intel.com/wp-conten...e-guidance.pdf

    Intel Security Issue Update: Addressing Reboot Issues - Windows 10 Forums
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 5,833
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       #47

    fdegrove said:
    Hi,

    Been a Steve Gibson fan for decades. Sure knows his stuff.

    Cheers,
    Same here. He sure does know his stuff. Surprised that site isn't mentioned here more often.

    Been using ShieldsUP for eons. He's the port ping king. :)

    Tony K
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 25
    Windows 10 Pro
       #48

    He is very well versed in his knowledge of computing...been using his site for many years!
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 2,295
    Win10 202H
       #49

    Tony K said:
    Same here. He sure does know his stuff. Surprised that site isn't mentioned here more often.

    Been using ShieldsUP for eons. He's the port ping king. :)

    Tony K
    Haven't heard of his Site for a while either ...decided to try LeakTest like in the old days ....seems I have some work to do....

    KB.
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:50.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums