Cumulative Update KB4056892 Windows 10 v1709 Build 16299.192

Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 56,050
    Multi-boot Windows 10/11 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #320

    Bree said:
    No, it's not pulled. I did a clean install of 1709 on an elderly AMD system about 12 hours ago and that got KB4056892 through windows update. Likewise, I'm currently updating my test machine's images. the 1607 one just got the equivalent 2018-01 cumulative update.

    It's just been blocked for some AMD processors, not all processors - from your link...
    The whole thing is a bit murky. At best. :)
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 8
    Windows 10
       #321

    pzhndal said:
    .. did you have problem with the previous update?
    No, i did not
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 56
    Windows 8.1
       #322

    Bree said:
    No, it's not pulled. I did a clean install of 1709 on an elderly AMD system about 12 hours ago and that got KB4056892 through windows update. Likewise, I'm currently updating my test machine's images. the 1607 one just got the equivalent 2018-01 cumulative update.

    It's just been blocked for some AMD processors, not all processors - from your link...
    It downloads and installs to 99% and just stops. Could this be because I have an AMD Quad Core A10-5700 computer. I've had it for 4 yrs.? These updates are going to drive me crazy, because of them not installing. Couldn't get KB4054517 to install, and now this one. I was hoping this update would install and bring me up to date, but now this one won't install either. I turned off my antivirus and it still would not install.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 49
    win10 home 64 bit
       #323

    hesoyam said:
    No, i did not
    how weird. re-reading the .192 and .125 notes makes me think it's just an old issue not resolved.. (that is.. an error showing up when there's no actual error). i guess if everything else works.. ignore it? XD not like there's much you can do... unless you like to reset your machine or something for no good reason.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 8
    Windows 10
       #324

    pzhndal said:
    how weird. re-reading the .192 and .125 notes makes me think it's just an old issue not resolved.. (that is.. an error showing up when there's no actual error). i guess if everything else works.. ignore it? XD not like there's much you can do... unless you like to reset your machine or something for no good reason.
    yeah, MS support already confirmed that this is the same issue in the new build. I'm really just going to ignore this because everything is working fine :)
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 345
    Windows 10
       #325

    According to Microsoft, the CU addresses two potential Spectre exploits. But mitigating one of the exploits requires a complementary CPU microcode update.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 56
    Windows 8.1
       #326

    Ground Sloth said:
    According to Microsoft, the CU addresses two potential Spectre exploits. But mitigating one of the exploits requires a complementary CPU microcode update.
    I just tried to update again this morning, and I got other up dates but not the Update KB4056982 still will not install. It gets to 99% and then stops. Nothing I can do, but just wait on Microsoft, I guess. My Anti Virus is not the problem. I've checked with them and they have updated it.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 2,557
    Windows 10 pro x64-bit
       #327

    Sonjstar said:
    I just tried to update again this morning, and I got other up dates but not the Update KB4056982 still will not install. It gets to 99% and then stops. Nothing I can do, but just wait on Microsoft, I guess. My Anti Virus is not the problem. I've checked with them and they have updated it.
    According to other members in this Forum, it seems that turning off your anti-virus or disabling it won't let you install the latest update KB4056892. The trend is to completely uninstall your ant-virus, reboot and check for Updates again.
      My Computers


  9. Cim
    Posts : 21
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit (1909)
       #328

    IronZorg89 said:
    According to other members in this Forum, it seems that turning off your anti-virus or disabling it won't let you install the latest update KB4056892. The trend is to completely uninstall your ant-virus, reboot and check for Updates again.
    That is exactly my experience. I had to uninstall AVAST before it would update KB4056892.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 2,557
    Windows 10 pro x64-bit
       #329

    Cim said:
    That is exactly my experience. I had to uninstall AVAST before it would update KB4056892.
    I have been following this thread since the very start and that's what has come to my attention for members using a third-party anti-virus. I didn't face this problem since I am using Windows Defender from MS. Thanks for sharing my opinion. :)
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:13.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums