Windows 10: Cumulative Update KB4056892 Windows 10 v1709 Build 16299.192

Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
  1.    08 Jan 2018 #271

    The update hasn't come through yet on my Asus laptop and my parents' Acer desktop, I'm guessing Avast Antivirus is the culprit. My computer does have the right registry key (haven't checked the other computer yet) so I thought I could use the Update Catalog but I'm a little nervous, never had to install an update this way before. Does anyone have any advice? Is this really simple and I'm just overthinking it?
    Last edited by TonyaJ91; 08 Jan 2018 at 00:44.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    08 Jan 2018 #272

    TonyaJ91 said: View Post
    The update hasn't come through yet on my Asus laptop and my parents' Acer desktop, I'm guessing Avast Antivirus is the culprit. My computer does have the right registry key (haven't checked the other computer yet) so I thought I could use the Update Catalog but I'm a little nervous, never had to install an update this way before. Does anyone have any advice? Is this really simple and I'm just overthinking it?
    Do you have version 1709 of Windows 10 (i.e., Windows 10 Fall Creators Update)?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    08 Jan 2018 #273

    Tony K said: View Post
    So, therefore I can assume that there are no class action suites filed in Great Britain at all? That there are no ambulance chasers there neither?
    apparently class action style stuff was allowed since 2015. there are ambulance chaser stuff without that as is, no win no fee stuff.. whiplash, etc
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 136
    Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 64-bit
       08 Jan 2018 #274

    Can we expect another cumulative update this week? Or is this it? minus the malicious anti-virus-thingy for January?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    08 Jan 2018 #275

    Ground Sloth said: View Post
    Do you have version 1709 of Windows 10 (i.e., Windows 10 Fall Creators Update)?
    Yes I do.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    08 Jan 2018 #276

    Faith said: View Post
    Can we expect another cumulative update this week? Or is this it? minus the malicious anti-virus-thingy for January?
    would expect one tomorrow as it patch Tuesday tomorrow
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 31,054
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       08 Jan 2018 #277

    Dave44 said: View Post
    would expect one tomorrow as it patch Tuesday tomorrow


    Along with the standard MRT and Flash updates and whatever else is left in the basket......usually fixes to fixes that fixed fixes.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8.    08 Jan 2018 #278

    If a computer has FCU and reg key, and WU says "up-to-date", which should I download from the update catalog - cumulative or delta? Does it matter?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 4,230
    Win10 Home and Pro, Win10 Insider Preview, Win7 Home, Linux Mint
       08 Jan 2018 #279

    I believe the Delta updates are for those computers that have been kept fully up-to-date, the others would be for those that have skipped an update. Deltas are smaller, probably helpful for those on metered 'net connections. I download and save the larger version, never know about a computer I may need it on.

    For those with older eyes [like me] this may be easier to read:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AV_ALLOW REGKEY.png 
Views:	90 
Size:	15.5 KB 
ID:	171496
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 31,054
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       08 Jan 2018 #280

    simrick said: View Post
    If a computer has FCU and reg key, and WU says "up-to-date", which should I download from the update catalog - cumulative or delta? Does it matter?
    Berton said: View Post
    I believe the Delta updates are for those computers that have been kept fully up-to-date, the others would be for those that have skipped an update. Deltas are smaller, probably helpful for those on metered 'net connections. I download and save the larger version, never know about a computer I may need it on.
    Berton is correct. I might add, though, that the Deltas are generally used in a very controlled server or corporate environment, where they are updating a broad network of machines. With Deltas, there is always a small risk that a pre-requisite or co-requisite patch has not been applied and can cause an update failure, or worse.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Related Threads
UPDATE 1/3: Cumulative Update KB4056892 Windows 10 v1709 Build 16299.192 - Windows 10 Forums Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4054517/windows-10-update-kb4054517 Find Windows 10 Version Number
UPDATE 12/12: Cumulative Update KB4054517 Windows 10 v1709 Build 16299.125 - Windows 10 Forums Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4051963/windows-10-update-kb4051963 See also: Servicing stack update KB4054022 for...
UPDATE 11/30: Cumulative Update KB4051963 Windows 10 v1709 Build 16299.98 - Windows 10 Forums Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4048955 163809
UPDATE 11/14: Cumulative Update KB4048955 Windows 10 v1709 Build 16299.64 - Windows 10 Forums Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4043961 Find Windows 10 Version Number
918929244553482240 917827916217516032 915698213587361792 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16299 for PC - Windows Experience Blog
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:15.
Find Us