Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Skip Build 17063 for PC Insider

Page 75 of 82 FirstFirst ... 25657374757677 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 17,636
    Windows 10 Pro
       #740

    Tony K said:
    Thanks for the heads up on this, Kari. Rather interesting. Do you think this is a ploy by MS to get people to stay with an MSA or just an oversight? Quite honestly since Gates retired, I've seen some changes with MS that I'm not liking. Things like this here and there.
    I cannot believe this was intentional, that Microsoft just decided that hey, let's let users to switch built-in admin account to MS account and make it irreversible!

    It's something they didn't think, something forgotten. Something that needs to be fixed.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 5,833
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       #741

    Kari said:
    I cannot believe this was intentional, that Microsoft just decided that hey, let's let users to switch built-in admin account to MS account and make it irreversible!

    It's something they didn't think, something forgotten. Something that needs to be fixed.
    The jury is still out so far as I'm concerned. I'll give benefit of doubt for now, but it's difficult to believe that professional MS software engineers would overlook this security hole. As little as I know no one should be able to associate that hidden admin account with an MSA, let alone mess with it at all without guru guidance. There's a good reason why it's never mentioned in MS help files (that I know of) to activate it in the first place.
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 46,497
    Windows 10 Home 64bit 21H1 and insider builds
       #742

    Tony K said:
    The jury is still out so far as I'm concerned. I'll give benefit of doubt for now, but it's difficult to believe that professional MS software engineers would overlook this security hole. As little as I know no one should be able to associate that hidden admin account with an MSA, let alone mess with it at all without guru guidance. There's a good reason why it's never mentioned in MS help files (that I know of) to activate it in the first place.
    I agree with you Tony. It must be fixed pronto.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 17,636
    Windows 10 Pro
       #743

    kado897 said:
    I agree with you Tony. It must be fixed pronto.
    Wanting an answer, I replied my own tweet adding some Insider team members;



    It might of course be that I will not get any response simply because I refuse to tweet any "Get A Guaranteed Reply" ninja cat or taco hat pics / jokes / references.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 17,636
    Windows 10 Pro
       #744

    Kari said:
    Wanting an answer, I replied my own tweet adding some Insider team members;



    It might of course be that I will not get any response simply because I refuse to tweet any "Get A Guaranteed Reply" ninja cat or taco hat pics / jokes / references.
    OK, going forward:

      My Computer


  6. Posts : 5,833
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       #745

    Kari said:
    OK, going forward:

      My Computers


  7. Posts : 5,833
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       #746

    Who has Sets here? Just got finished with the Quest about it in the Hub. It works to fulfill the Quest, but nothing like it states within the article or video within it. There's simply no tabs in any of my O365 programs. Perhaps I need to join Office Insider to get that. Who here has that?

    Introducing Sets - Windows Insider
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 64
    windows 10 pro insider Build 22000.160
       #747

    I Just got sets on one of my machine but not on the others
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 2,663
    Windows 11 21H2 (22000.593)
       #748

    Tony K said:
    Who has Sets here? Just got finished with the Quest about it in the Hub. It works to fulfill the Quest, but nothing like it states within the article or video within it. There's simply no tabs in any of my O365 programs. Perhaps I need to join Office Insider to get that. Who here has that?

    Introducing Sets - Windows Insider
    After my clean reinstall of FCU and joining Insiders, I got 17063 again - and sets is still there.

    Haven't played much with it.

    On a lighter note, even with my brand new install, Timeline is showing stuff going back to the original 17063 install, and from apps like KeePass and IrfanView, not just stock M$ apps, so that is a plus.

    Going to try to play with Sets today some more - right now all my default apps are stock, so that might make a difference, because my system usually has Browser Chooser 2 set as default browser so I can force links (from any app) and URLs to open in the browser is my choosing. But that seemed to interfere with Sets, because instead of automatically opening a tab, BC2 threw its usual popup to pick a browser, do I wasn't really able to explore Sets at all.
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 13,561
    Windows10
       #749

    Tony K said:
    The jury is still out so far as I'm concerned. I'll give benefit of doubt for now, but it's difficult to believe that professional MS software engineers would overlook this security hole. As little as I know no one should be able to associate that hidden admin account with an MSA, let alone mess with it at all without guru guidance. There's a good reason why it's never mentioned in MS help files (that I know of) to activate it in the first place.
    Your jury would be dismissed by the Judge who would have instructed them to vote on it being an oversight. It is just not credible to deliberately design it to be irreversible.

    Occams Razor Principle - The simplest answer is usually correct.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:38.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums