Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Skip Build 17063 for PC Insider

Page 28 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast
  1.    23 Dec 2017 #271

    Rocky said: View Post
    I know that this is an inside build but I sure hope that Microsoft is able to correct all of the issues pretty quickly. I miss using Edge because I have it linked to my email. Oh well.
    What if MS let this build loose to:

    A. Keep us Insiders quiet
    or
    B. Get more people working on the bugs - I'm sure there are many Insiders with knowledge =/+ than the MS staff.
    or
    Both
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    23 Dec 2017 #272

    24c said: View Post
    What if MS let this build loose to:

    A. Keep us Insiders quiet
    or
    B. Get more people working on the bugs - I'm sure there are many Insiders with knowledge =/+ than the MS staff.
    or
    Both


    It was probably a combination of the two. Right now my system is functional but I have to deal with gremlins. I am trying to figure out what to do with my dual boot since the darn update borked my boot loader.

    Oh well, this is beta (or alpha) software.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 38,043
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       23 Dec 2017 #273

    bordi said: View Post
    The problem has always been the same mate, it hasn’t changed

    Win 10 RS-4 not compatible with Intel DX58SO motherboard
    Is it the MoBo overall, CPU, or whatever it is that's not compatible? Most likely an incompatible driver, none-existing driver, firmware, or all?
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 38,043
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       23 Dec 2017 #274

    gasseratef said: View Post
    Nope, sadly this is my only machine so I cannot have this build installed with such a major bug

    I installed it with the old USB switch trick, plugged in the flash drive with the build that can actually be installed and when it got to the choosing partition part ( at which i was getting the error ) i switched the flash drive to the one with 17063 on it, worked like a charm
    Have you considered dual booting? Works out well for many of us.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    23 Dec 2017 #275

    HippsieGypsie said: View Post
    Is it the MoBo overall, CPU, or whatever it is that's not compatible? Most likely an incompatible driver, none-existing driver, firmware, or all?
    I’m not sure tbh but I strongly suspect it has to be the motherboard and its abandoned bios update since 2013
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 1,271
    WinX Pro x64 IP current
       23 Dec 2017 #276

    bordi said: View Post
    I’m not sure tbh but I strongly suspect it has to be the motherboard and its abandoned bios update since 2013
    Which is interesting as mine is abandoned since 2011....and we have the same class of mobo (diff manufacturer) and same basic chipsets - X58, ICH10R, and even a Marvell controller (his for eSATA, mine for SATA III emulation).

    But mine works perfectly fine with installs of all 17046 builds over 16299.

    The major difference between our builds is that my boot drive is connected to the SATA III emulation ports, while his are connected to SATA II, which are run by the ICH10R. I had hoped that if he tried to boot from the eSATA port it would work, but that hasn't happened either, and farhfrd worked with him extensively to get drivers from 16299 injected into 17046, to no avail.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7.    23 Dec 2017 #277

    johngalt said: View Post
    Which is interesting as mine is abandoned since 2011....and we have the same class of mobo (diff manufacturer) and same basic chipsets - X58, ICH10R, and even a Marvell controller (his for eSATA, mine for SATA III emulation).

    But mine works perfectly fine with installs of all 17046 builds over 16299.

    The major difference between our builds is that my boot drive is connected to the SATA III emulation ports, while his are connected to SATA II, which are run by the ICH10R. I had hoped that if he tried to boot from the eSATA port it would work, but that hasn't happened either, and farhfrd worked with him extensively to get drivers from 16299 injected into 17046, to no avail.
    I think the bios on my old acer laptop was stopped when Fred Flintstone was around but it still runs fine on Windows 10 16299.125 albeit rather sedately. I will try it with 17063 when I get a chance.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 1,271
    WinX Pro x64 IP current
       23 Dec 2017 #278

    cereberus said: View Post
    I think the bios on my old acer laptop was stopped when Fred Flintstone was around but it still runs fine on Windows 10 16299.125 albeit rather sedately. I will try it with 17063 when I get a chance.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9.    23 Dec 2017 #279

    johngalt said: View Post
    Which is interesting as mine is abandoned since 2011....and we have the same class of mobo (diff manufacturer) and same basic chipsets - X58, ICH10R, and even a Marvell controller (his for eSATA, mine for SATA III emulation).

    But mine works perfectly fine with installs of all 17046 builds over 16299.

    The major difference between our builds is that my boot drive is connected to the SATA III emulation ports, while his are connected to SATA II, which are run by the ICH10R. I had hoped that if he tried to boot from the eSATA port it would work, but that hasn't happened either, and farhfrd worked with him extensively to get drivers from 16299 injected into 17046, to no avail.
    I will try a boot drive from eSATA mate as soon as I get a eSATA to sata cable

    Unless there is a way to convert a sata cable to esata then I could try it right now
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 38,043
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       23 Dec 2017 #280

    bordi said: View Post
    I’m not sure tbh but I strongly suspect it has to be the motherboard and its abandoned bios update since 2013
    Could be, but doubt that. My Acer T690's BIOS is legacy Phoenix R01-B3 dated 11/24/2006. Granted, there is a newer version from 2007, but I'm afraid to update it.

    LOL, not quite as old as when Fred Flintstone was alive, but in tech chronology very close.

    I didn't read through your entire thread, but is all firmware up to date?
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 28 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

Related Threads
UPDATE 11/22: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Skip Build 17046 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums 931221002532503552 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17040 for PC - Windows Experience Blog
UPDATE 12/19: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17063 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums 938852438303371264 933395243109564416 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17046 for PC - Windows Experience Blog
UPDATE 11/16: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Fast+Skip Ahead Build 17040 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums 928321775498170368 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17035 for PC - Windows Experience Blog
918976964165230592 918950777619484672 918884711891550208 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17017 for PC - Windows Experience Blog
900402809685721088 900405174786695168 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16273 for PC - Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:46.
Find Us