Windows 10: Cumulative Update KB4054517 Windows 10 v1709 Build 16299.125

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
  1.    23 Dec 2017 #121

    IronZorg89 said: View Post
    It seems that everything is going well so far. Unfortunately, I don't know how your machine is configured and what kind of programs you have installed. Your personal judgement should guide you with regard to some detailed aspects of the data transfer. If you want, you can first make a system image backup, and delete the old corrupt user account. This way, you will be left only with the new user account and you will be able to see (evaluate) if everything is functioning according to plan. If not, you can use the system image backup to roll back.
    So far, nearly everything seems to be fine, although I've not opened every program. The things that need adjusting are, for example, the settings for my taskbar clock, where the program was transferred correctly, but without its settings. Another one may be my default template for Word Perfect; I am rather certain that it was not transferred, and I just put a copy on USB key to have when I return to the new profile to check the date of the file.

    The only strange app so far seems to be for SiriusXM; while I was able to log on with no problem, but as soon as I minimize the program, the music stops, starts, stops, etc. I will get a new copy, install it, and see if that fixes whatever it is that is making the music not just keep playing.

    In short, with your assistance and that of VBF (and the link he provided,) I ought to be ready to switch to using the new profile regularly soon. I will keep the old one for a while; I remember having to refer to the old one a few times after switching to a new profile the one time I have so far needed to create a new profile.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    23 Dec 2017 #122

    Update KB4054517


    Hi

    Read all the posts and I`m still without the update re installed OS( x 2) gets to 99% and stays there I`ll wait until Ms issue a fix.

    How can I stop this download from trying to install all the time?


    Xmas greetings to ALL

    Rich
    Last edited by vidanova; 23 Dec 2017 at 13:59.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    23 Dec 2017 #123

    Not Myself said: View Post
    So far, nearly everything seems to be fine, although I've not opened every program. The things that need adjusting are, for example, the settings for my taskbar clock, where the program was transferred correctly, but without its settings. Another one may be my default template for Word Perfect; I am rather certain that it was not transferred, and I just put a copy on USB key to have when I return to the new profile to check the date of the file.

    The only strange app so far seems to be for SiriusXM; while I was able to log on with no problem, but as soon as I minimize the program, the music stops, starts, stops, etc. I will get a new copy, install it, and see if that fixes whatever it is that is making the music not just keep playing.

    In short, with your assistance and that of VBF (and the link he provided,) I ought to be ready to switch to using the new profile regularly soon. I will keep the old one for a while; I remember having to refer to the old one a few times after switching to a new profile the one time I have so far needed to create a new profile.
    It seems that you are the captain of the boat right now. Like you mentioned in your second paragraph with regard to SiriusXM, if an app is behaving badly, your approach is the right one: Try to uninstall from the old user profile and reinstall it in the the new one.

    Remember to do a system image backup, even right now. That's your best bet for things already fixed.

    I am also taking the opportunity to wish you A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY & WONDERFUL HOLIDAY SEASON TO YOU & YOUR FAMILY.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    23 Dec 2017 #124

    IronZorg89 said: View Post
    It seems that you are the captain of the boat right now. Like you mentioned in your second paragraph with regard to SiriusXM, if an app is behaving badly, your approach is the right one: Try to uninstall from the old user profile and reinstall it in the the new one.

    Remember to do a system image backup, even right now. That's your best bet for things already fixed.

    I am also taking the opportunity to wish you A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY & WONDERFUL HOLIDAY SEASON TO YOU & YOUR FAMILY.
    SiriusXM is a Windows app from the MS Store,, so I suspect that it is not installed in the profile; is that correct? I need to restart the computer to get some of the startup programs in the new profile to do that; perhaps that will fix whatever is bothering SiriusXM, although--again-- I don't understand why it works correctly in the old profile, not the new.

    Given that I am a specialist in the art of not understanding, that I don't understand is understandable.

    ===
    While having an afternoon `spot of tea' and a biscochito, I reconsidered what I wrote above, as it is obvious that the app has to be in the profile; I was remembering the previous access to SiriusXM, which was through, in my case, Firefox. One Saturday morning, with no information provided by SiriusXM, it simply stopped working. I called to find out what the problem was, and after some time, someone told me that I needed to download and install their new streaming app. I was kindly given a link, so that I did not need to go to the store. If things are still not working correctly after the restart, I will first try a reset, an action which I discovered a few minutes ago, and if that does not work, I will remove the app in the new profile and reinstall it; if that does not fix matters, I will again contact SiriusXM.
    Last edited by Not Myself; 23 Dec 2017 at 17:51.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    23 Dec 2017 #125

    Not Myself said: View Post
    SiriusXM is a Windows app from the MS Store,, so I suspect that it is not installed in the profile; is that correct? I need to restart the computer to get some of the startup programs in the new profile to do that; perhaps that will fix whatever is bothering SiriusXM, although--again-- I don't understand why it works correctly in the old profile, not the new.

    Given that I am a specialist in the art of not understanding, that I don't understand is understandable.

    ===
    While having an afternoon `spot of tea' and a biscochito, I reconsidered what I wrote above, as it is obvious that the app has to be in the profile; I was remembering the previous access to SiriusXM, which was through, in my case, Firefox. One Saturday morning, with no information provided by SiriusXM, it simply stopped working. I called to find out what the problem was, and after some time, someone told me that I needed to download and install their new streaming app. I was kindly given a link, so that I did not need to go to the store. If things are still not working correctly after the restart, I will first try a reset, an action which I discovered a few minutes ago, and if that does not work, I will remove the app in the new profile and reinstall it; if that does not fix matters, I will again contact SiriusXM.
    I am having the same problem with Groove Music. And it's he first time I noticed this behavior while I was using it this afternoon. That means the problem you are having with SiriusXM doesn't have anything to do with the data transfer. I don't have a clue about what might be the cause. My guess is one of the latest Updates from MS probably messes up something in the app's settings.

    I will have to inquire about the problem and if I find a solution, I will let you know. I am expecting the same from you.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    27 Dec 2017 #126

    Update


    Hi

    I have tried everything I know to load this update but to no avail it just hangs now on 99% I hope that there might be a fix coming? Of all the windows I have used this is the first problem I`ve ever had, may be I was lucky. Its very frustrating though.

    Rich
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    27 Dec 2017 #127

    IronZorg89 said: View Post
    I am having the same problem with Groove Music. And it's he first time I noticed this behavior while I was using it this afternoon. That means the problem you are having with SiriusXM doesn't have anything to do with the data transfer. I don't have a clue about what might be the cause. My guess is one of the latest Updates from MS probably messes up something in the app's settings.

    I will have to inquire about the problem and if I find a solution, I will let you know. I am expecting the same from you.
    I followed this procedure https://www.howtogeek.com/224798/how...einstall-them/ about the time of the Anniversary Update and it particularly includes Groove Music which I successfully uninstalled. Having since gone through the various updates to Fall Creators, Groove Music remains absent...thankfully!

    I notice the article was updated quite recently so try it and please post here with your version number (Winver) so we all know if it still works.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    27 Dec 2017 #128

    IronZorg89 said: View Post
    I am having the same problem with Groove Music. And it's he first time I noticed this behavior while I was using it this afternoon. That means the problem you are having with SiriusXM doesn't have anything to do with the data transfer. I don't have a clue about what might be the cause. My guess is one of the latest Updates from MS probably messes up something in the app's settings.

    I will have to inquire about the problem and if I find a solution, I will let you know. I am expecting the same from you.
    Given my experience over the past several minutes, I don't know what to tell you that might help:

    1. In Settings/a;pps, the SiriusXM entry has a reset function, which supposedly will remove all of your settings; I ran it three times, and nothing was changed.

    2. I deleted the app, then did a search for it; I had done that a few days ago, and found a number of links. Today, two or three Google search pages turned up no links.

    3. I did, however, find this; SiriusXM Streaming Radio: Listen Now | SiriusXM Radio . That works inside Firefox, just the way that the link I had used until the Saturday morning when it quit. I called SiriusXM that day, had to speak with more than one person util I was finally connected with someone who knew that I now how to download and install the app.

    This new (or perhaps even a resurrection of the previous such link) works okay, and seems to continue working when I minimize Firefox. It even opened with the settings I had (for a grand total of three classical music channels) when using the app.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    27 Dec 2017 #129

    vidanova said: View Post
    Hi

    I have tried everything I know to load this update but to no avail it just hangs now on 99% I hope that there might be a fix coming? Of all the windows I have used this is the first problem I`ve ever had, may be I was lucky. Its very frustrating though.

    Rich
    At this point I'm having the same problem. A friend in another group I'm in sent me this link to read. I'm just leaving mine for now, until I see if Microsoft decides to do something about it. I'm not very computer technology literate, and at this point just leave it alone.
    https://www.computerworld.com/articl...-big-time.html
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    27 Dec 2017 #130

    here was installed witthout problem... i dont have internet connection
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Related Threads
UPDATE 12/12: Cumulative Update KB4054517 Windows 10 v1709 Build 16299.125 - Windows 10 Forums Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4051963/windows-10-update-kb4051963 See also: Servicing stack update KB4054022 for...
UPDATE 11/30: Cumulative Update KB4051963 Windows 10 v1709 Build 16299.98 - Windows 10 Forums Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4048955 163809
UPDATE 11/14: Cumulative Update KB4048955 Windows 10 v1709 Build 16299.64 - Windows 10 Forums Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4043961 Find Windows 10 Version Number
918929244553482240 917827916217516032 915698213587361792 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16299 for PC - Windows Experience Blog
Update: December 9th 2016 Cumulative Update KB3201845 had now been released to general public. Update: December 2nd 2016 Source: Feedback Hub
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:22.
Find Us