Windows 10: Visually recording a VM session with pointer displayed

  1.    21 Oct 2017 #1

    Visually recording a VM session with pointer displayed


    Many of us have tried to record hyper-v vms session using various recording tools but normal issue is that the mouse pointer is not recorded as well.

    I did a sort of workaround installing touchmousepointer and using a fake cursor, but that did not work consistently for all users.

    So today, I wondered what would happen if you tried to use the game bar recording mechanism.

    To my surprise, it worked well, recording the mouse pointer, and also I could turn on the mic and add vocals as well.

    First video - my recorder - no pointer recorded

    Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.


    Second video - Win+G - pointer recorded

    Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.


    It works in full screen mode as well.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    21 Oct 2017 #2

    cereberus said: View Post
    To my surprise, it worked well, recording the mouse pointer, and also I could turn on the mic and add vocals as well.
    ...
    It works in full screen mode as well.
    great! thanks for sharing! [emoji2]
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 632
    Win 10 Pro x64 1607 (Build 14393.953)
       21 Oct 2017 #3

    Visually recording a VM session with pointer displayed


    cereberus said: View Post
    Many of us have tried to record hyper-v vms session using various recording tools but normal issue is that the mouse pointer is not recorded as well.

    I did a sort of workaround installing touchmousepointer and using a fake cursor, but that did not work consistently for all users.

    So today, I wondered what would happen if you tried to use the game bar recording mechanism.

    To my surprise, it worked well, recording the mouse pointer, and also I could turn on the mic and add vocals as well.

    First video - my recorder - no pointer recorded

    Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.


    Second video - Win+G - pointer recorded

    Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.


    It works in full screen mode as well.
    Your second video can't be played from within TapaTalk iOS 10?



    Nice clear image on the video department! [emoji41]

    Cheers
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    21 Oct 2017 #4

    played fine on Android, Tapatalk.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    22 Oct 2017 #5

    M4v3r1ck said: View Post
    Your second video can't be played from within TapaTalk iOS 10?



    Nice clear image on the video department! [emoji41]

    Cheers
    Sorry cannot help.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    24 Oct 2017 #6

    I discovered you can toggle recording of the mouse on or off in setting, gaming menus.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
So, I'm having a problem, and I'm not sure if this is the right place, but I can hope one of you might be able to help. I'm a newbie to this kind of stuff, most of the time I've figured things out by random trial and error. The problem I'm having is...
I'm mucking around with multi-boot and need to edit some files I put in the EFI partition. It was possible in Windows 8 to use Mountvol and mount this partition to a drive. Then it showed up like normal in Windows Explorer, saving me the hassle...
Very poor eyesight. I can't see any text on my screen without the Windows Magnifier. Asperger's, dyslexia, and a whole list of other yucky stuff wrong with my brain that can make life feel like I'm doing hard time! I'm trying to move files from...
Recording sound from PC in Software and Apps
I wanted to achieve the ability to record sound from my PC in mp3 format. I plan to just use an aux cable from headphone socket into the microphone socket to achieve this. But wondered on the suitable software to use. If I remember rightly sound...
I'm desperately trying to like W10 but am finding the blandness and stark visual interface very off putting. Something as simple as the Windows calculator highlights this. Here is the W10 offering vs the W8.1 This stark bland appearance carries...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:48.
Find Us