Can't mount ISO''s with Windows Explorer anymore.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

  1. Posts : 25
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #1

    Can't mount ISO''s with Windows Explorer anymore.


    Please help. I used to be able to Mount ISO's with Windows Explorer but I can't anymore. When I right click an ISO and click mount I get an error
    Can't mount ISO''s with Windows Explorer anymore.-capture.png


    I don't know when the problem started either as I haven't mounted an ISO using Windows Explorer in awhile. I've been using Winrar. I changed the default app to open ISO's to Windows Explorer yet I still can't mount the ISO. it does it with every ISO I tried.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 12,420
    Win10 Version 21H2 Pro and Home, Win11 Pro
       #2

    I just checked my File Explorer in the RTM Version 1607 Build 14393 and works fine after having made the association change some time ago. Could be when File Explorer has an issue opening things it is being prevented by an infection, I'd update the AntiVirus program and do a full/deep scan following by an AntiMalware such as Malwarebytes.
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 25
    Windows 10 Pro x64
    Thread Starter
       #3

    Berton said:
    I'd update the AntiVirus program and do a full/deep scan following by an AntiMalware such as Malwarebytes.
    I don't have any viruses.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 34,915
    Win 10 Pro (1903) (2nd PC is 21H2)
       #4

    Can you advise your build please?
    Windows key + R, winver
    Thanks.

    (See
    Can't Mount ISOs : Windows10
    )
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 25
    Windows 10 Pro x64
    Thread Starter
       #5

    dalchina said:
    Can you advise your build please?
    Windows key + R, winver
    Thanks.

    (See
    Can't Mount ISOs : Windows10
    )
    Can't mount ISO''s with Windows Explorer anymore.-capture.png
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 34,915
    Win 10 Pro (1903) (2nd PC is 21H2)
       #6

    You could try remerging the reg for iso association from here
    Restore Default File Type Associations in Windows 10 Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

    (search that for iso, left click iso to get the reg file)

    Also many with this problem report this works:
    This worked:
    Issue with mounting new ISO files from TechNet in Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 Preview Daniel Classon
    Copy the ISO to any location, and then try mounting the copied file.
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 25
    Windows 10 Pro x64
    Thread Starter
       #7

    dalchina said:
    You could try remerging the reg for iso association from here
    Restore Default File Type Associations in Windows 10 Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

    (search that for iso, left click iso to get the reg file)

    Also many with this problem report this works:
    This worked:
    Issue with mounting new ISO files from TechNet in Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 Preview Daniel Classon
    Copy the ISO to any location, and then try mounting the copied file.
    I did the default file association and I even downloaded the reg file but that didn't work.However, I copied the ISO to a new location and I'm able to open it. Why do I have to copy to a new location? What is causing this problem? How do I fix it? it never did this before, I don't know when it was or the last time I tried to mount an ISO with Windows Explorer but whenever it was It was working perfectly. I've been using Winrar and will continue to use it until Microsoft fixes this issue. They caused it with an Update as it has never done this before.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 34,915
    Win 10 Pro (1903) (2nd PC is 21H2)
       #8

    Have you restarted after merging the reg file? (step 5) (I hope you merged it as well as downloading it... )

    - and are you running as admin to merge it? (see Tutorial comments on this)
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 25
    Windows 10 Pro x64
    Thread Starter
       #9

    dalchina said:
    Have you restarted after merging the reg file? (step 5) (I hope you merged it as well as downloading it... )- and are you running as admin to merge it? (see Tutorial comments on this)
    Yes, I have done all of that. Moving the file to a new location worked. But I shouldn't have to do that though!
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 34,915
    Win 10 Pro (1903) (2nd PC is 21H2)
       #10

    Not saying you should, merely that there are a number of different reports that that worked for some with your symptom.

    I suspect that if you upgrade to the CU or do an in-place upgrade it will work again.
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:24.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums