1.    17 Jul 2015 #1
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 4
    windows 10

    Virtual desktop switch


    win+tab opens virtual desktop switch ... but by repeated press it again disappears instead of continuing to next desktop :/

    do you know how to advance to next desktop ? by keyboard not by pointing cursor over 2nd desktop ???
    (win+tab+1 .... did not worked)


    alt+tab - switch dialogue between desktop apps or between all apps (is not the solution)

    any other shortcuts ? in this department ?

    thx
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    17 Jul 2015 #2
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,149
    Windows 10 Professional

    Quote Originally Posted by kjub View Post
    win+tab opens virtual desktop switch ... but by repeated press it again disappears instead of continuing to next desktop :/

    do you know how to advance to next desktop ? by keyboard not by pointing cursor over 2nd desktop ???
    (win+tab+1 .... did not worked)


    alt+tab - switch dialogue between desktop apps or between all apps (is not the solution)

    any other shortcuts ? in this department ?

    thx
    Ctrl + + D adds a 'Virtual Desktop'
    Ctrl + + F4 deletes a desktop
    Ctrl + + forward or back arrows switches desktops.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    17 Jul 2015 #3
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 4
    windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    Ctrl + + D adds a 'Virtual Desktop'
    Ctrl + + F4 deletes a desktop
    Ctrl + + forward or back arrows switches desktops. ..... this is not working !!!! 10240
    Ctrl + + forward or back arrows switches desktops. ..... this is not working !!!! 10240
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    17 Jul 2015 #4
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    Nashville, TN
    Posts : 3,143
    Windows 10 Pro

    He means left and right, not up and down.

    You can also use Win + Tab, then release the keys, then you can use tab (with no modifiers) until the highlight is on the virtual desktops at the bottom and use arrow keys to move between them... press enter or space to select. Ctrl-Win-LArrow or RArrow are faster.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    17 Jul 2015 #5
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 4
    windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystere View Post
    He means left and right, not up and down.

    You can also use Win + Tab, then release the keys, then you can use tab (with no modifiers) until the highlight is on the virtual desktops at the bottom and use arrow keys to move between them... press enter or space to select. Ctrl-Win-LArrow or RArrow are faster.
    Am sorry its not carousel so I was on 2nd screen and than right arrow dont switches to 1st screen

    But gues what only stupid can do this on machines used 95% with mouse ... So ? You have to release the mouse ...

    Why
    ctrl-win-12345 are not working for aps on page
    Alt-win-12345 are for virtual desktops ...

    Unles you do it with one hand is a stupid useless solution
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    17 Jul 2015 #6
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,149
    Windows 10 Professional

    Quote Originally Posted by kjub View Post
    Am sorry its not carousel so I was on 2nd screen and than right arrow dont switches to 1st screen

    But gues what only stupid can do this on machines used 95% with mouse ... So ? You have to release the mouse ...

    Why
    ctrl-win-12345 are not working for aps on page
    Alt-win-12345 are for virtual desktops ...

    Unles you do it with one hand is a stupid useless solution
    Sorry man!
    It is what it is!
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Desktop PCs and the Windows desktop: Endangered species?
Read more at: Desktop PCs and the Windows desktop: Endangered species? | ZDNet AmF_izdlsvY
Windows 10 News
Solved Limit the amount of Virtual Desktop allowed?
Hi, Is there anyway to limit the amount of Virtual Desktops allowed in Windows 10 so far? I know that in Ubuntu which has had the Virtual Desktops feature enabled in it's OS for a very long time allows you to do so, mostly for lower end PC's...
Virtualization
Solved Microsoft needs to add a switch.
Microsoft needs to add a switch so that you could go back to Windows 8.1 menus, metro start button (I hate what Microsoft did to the start menu), and metro apps that stay full screen. Who else thinks so?
General Support
Solved switch to turn HDD/SSD on/off
OK, with installing the new OS old issues come back to life. Here goes the question: can one have a physical switch somewhere on the PC case that can turn a single drive (HDD or SSD) on and off? I did search the internet before posting and...
Drivers and Hardware
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:33.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums