Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

  1. Joined : Oct 2016
    United Kingdom
    Posts : 20
    Windows 10 version 1607
       18 Hours Ago #21

    You don't need to, I'll give you the link to the website where I downloaded the VM.
    P.S. It's 2k3, not 23k unless there's an operating system called Windows 23000 hahaha.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Aug 2014
    Forever West
    Posts : 2,536
    Win10 Home and Pro, Win10 Insider Preview, Win7 Home, Linux Mint
       18 Hours Ago #22

    TipsyGypsy said: View Post
    P.S. It's 2k3, not 23k unless there's an operating system called Windows 23000 hahaha.
    Never saw a Consumer/Home version of Windows 2003, only the Server but then that could run as a Home version, still have a copy of it also. I'm kinda a software junky, just don't through it out. Biggest issue with I've found with the really old OSes such as WinNT 4 and Win2000 or consumer versions Win95 through WinME is trying to get drivers for the latest motherboards.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Oct 2016
    United Kingdom
    Posts : 20
    Windows 10 version 1607
       17 Hours Ago #23

    Berton said: View Post
    Never saw a Consumer/Home version of Windows 2003, only the Server but then that could run as a Home version, still have a copy of it also. I'm kinda a software junky, just don't through it out. Biggest issue with I've found with the really old OSes such as WinNT 4 and Win2000 or consumer versions Win95 through WinME is trying to get drivers for the latest motherboards.
    That's why we have VMs. No matter what OS you're running or how old it is, there's no need for the latest drivers etc because all that stuff is provided for you through virtualisation technology. All you really need is a good piece of virtualisation software.

    I'm pretty sure you can run Win 2003 regardless of whether you're a home consumer or not. I've never tried Windows Server 2003 before, so I wouldn't know.
    Gypsy
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4.    17 Hours Ago #24

    Berton said: View Post
    Never saw a Consumer/Home version of Windows 2003, only the Server but then that could run as a Home version, still have a copy of it also. I'm kinda a software junky, just don't through it out. Biggest issue with I've found with the really old OSes such as WinNT 4 and Win2000 or consumer versions Win95 through WinME is trying to get drivers for the latest motherboards.
    Hi there

    @TipsyGypsy also @Berton

    If you like messing around and have a copy of W2K3 Server


    Try this :

    How to convert your Windows Server 2003... to a Workstation!

    Great way of using W2K3 as a DESKTOP

    I ran it as a VM for Donkeys years as I needed a SAP GUI and Test system -- this wouldn't even run on W7 - never mind W8 / W10.

    How to get your own SAP demo and training system

    (ignore certificate error)

    Latest versions of SAP ERP stuff will actually run onW10 now.

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Aug 2014
    Forever West
    Posts : 2,536
    Win10 Home and Pro, Win10 Insider Preview, Win7 Home, Linux Mint
       17 Hours Ago #25

    Thanks, Jimbo45, will save the information.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Oct 2016
    United Kingdom
    Posts : 20
    Windows 10 version 1607
       16 Hours Ago #26

    jimbo45 said: View Post
    Hi there

    @TipsyGypsy also @Berton

    If you like messing around and have a copy of W2K3 Server


    Try this :

    How to convert your Windows Server 2003... to a Workstation!

    Great way of using W2K3 as a DESKTOP

    I ran it as a VM for Donkeys years as I needed a SAP GUI and Test system -- this wouldn't even run on W7 - never mind W8 / W10.

    How to get your own SAP demo and training system

    (ignore certificate error)

    Latest versions of SAP ERP stuff will actually run onW10 now.

    Cheers
    jimbo
    @jimbo45 As we speak, I am downloading a copy of 2k3 and I'm gunna try to install it on a VM. However I'm not giving up on 2k. Not yet, at least. Would you like me to post the link to download the 2k VM?
    Gypsy
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Windows 10 x64 slow internet connection problem (Ethernet)
Hello guys, I recently upgraded my Windows 10 32bit to 64bit and have noticed that my internet speed has dropped dramatically. After hours of trying solutions online I could not seem to find out what the problem was. On 32bit my internet was fine...
Network and Sharing
Internet connection problem
My laptop connects with WiFi, it also shows that the internet connection is available but when I try to brows through any web browser it doesn't. It shows that can't connect to web.. What is the problem? I am not understanding, even I tried...
Network and Sharing
Windows 10 Internet Connection Problem
Hello.Recently i installed windows 10 but i can't get my connection to work.I installed/reinstalled my network driver,disabled the power management features but still nothing changed. I'm using huawei hg655b and realtek pcie gbe family controller....
Network and Sharing
Problem with internet speed connection. Slower internet on win 10.
Hi all. I have a weird problem with my internet connection. After i had instaled win 10, my interned slowed down. Before i had speed around 50 mbps (old result under) http://e-speedtest.com/test/785260 Now my speed is 10-15 mbps - no more....
Network and Sharing
Internet connection problem on windows 10 PRO !
I do not hav any internet connection if I try to go on Google Chrome,Mozila Firefox or Internet Explorer and I do not hav it either on Steam and World of Tanks. But I do have internet connection on Microsoft Edge and TeamSpeak 3 ?! I tried...
Network and Sharing
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:49.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums