VMWare Player 7.0 Released

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Posts : 757
    Host W8.0 x64 Guest W10 x86
       #1

    VMWare Player 7.0 Released


    VMWare Player 7.0 Released.

    So far the difference I see with the W Ten latest build VM as compared to Player 6.x is it gets to the Welcome Screen faster. Also it seems that W Ten is a bit more stable. Although Explorer Windows still open slowly. Firefox Portable 32 bit seems to run fairly well once loaded(I'm running the 32 bit W10 ISO.)

    Edit: Also I did not notice any Explorer restarts or Desktop reloading as it did under Player 6.x.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 22,741
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #2

    Thanks.
    Jeff
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 244
    Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
       #3

    more glitches


    Thanks Jeff. I have tried to run VMPlayer 6 under build 9879 and not having complete success.
    I have found that you cannot defrag the virtual drive.
    Also had problems getting it to shut down.
    Also found just lately that Virtual Box will not work at all.
    I have a Dell OptiPlex 760 and yesterday did a upgrade to the processor to get virtualization feature. works fine normally but feel there is some problem with windows 10 tr.
    Larry
    Last edited by shipinomore10; 02 Dec 2014 at 20:01. Reason: update info pm VMplayer 7
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 550
    Windows 10 Pro x86 and x64 dual boot
       #4

    Is there a 32 bit vmplayer 7 yet?
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 757
    Host W8.0 x64 Guest W10 x86
    Thread Starter
       #5

    banger said:
    Is there a 32 bit vmplayer 7 yet?
    I have no more info than you. I saw the Player 7.0 listing on Snapfiles.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 244
    Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
       #6

    Player 7 does not seem to work well on defrag of a virtual disk.
    I can create Linux machines and Vista but cannot defrag them. otherwise they seem to function OK
    Larry
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 757
    Host W8.0 x64 Guest W10 x86
    Thread Starter
       #7

    shipinomore10 said:
    Player 7 does not seem to work well on defrag of a virtual disk.
    I can create Linux machines and Vista but cannot defrag them. otherwise they seem to function OK
    Larry
    This is on the first time out? I noticed Player 6.x only seemed to defrag the first time using VMWare tools. I haven't set up a new VM in 7 yet. Just running the inherited VMs for now.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 7,710
    3-Win-7Prox64 3-Win10Prox64 3-LinuxMint20.2
       #8

    I noticed they show a version 7 but I wasn't sure if it's a free version or not :/
    Thanks for pointing it out :)
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 244
    Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
       #9

    I just completed installing VMPlayer 7 and then set up Ubuntu and windows 10 TR 9879 and both allowed defrag successfully. also did some updates on w 10 tr.
    Larry


    MilesAhead said:
    shipinomore10 said:
    Player 7 does not seem to work well on defrag of a virtual disk.
    I can create Linux machines and Vista but cannot defrag them. otherwise they seem to function OK
    Larry
    This is on the first time out? I noticed Player 6.x only seemed to defrag the first time using VMWare tools. I haven't set up a new VM in 7 yet. Just running the inherited VMs for now.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 757
    Host W8.0 x64 Guest W10 x86
    Thread Starter
       #10

    ThrashZone said:
    I noticed they show a version 7 but I wasn't sure if it's a free version or not :/
    Thanks for pointing it out :)
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:02.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums