1.    29 Oct 2015 #1
    Join Date : Apr 2015
    California
    Posts : 362
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    To speed up mouse scrolling speed in Firefox in Linux VirtualBox


    I was told by somebody here with VIP badges that I should not post here how to make Firefox run more smoothly in a Virtual Machine in Linux. It should be in a Linux forum. So I moved it there.
    Last edited by Antilope; 29 Oct 2015 at 20:49.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    29 Oct 2015 #2
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Linux. in a windows forum??
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    29 Oct 2015 #3
    Join Date : Apr 2015
    California
    Posts : 362
    Windows 10 Pro x64
    Thread Starter

    Using Linux in a Windows 10 VirtualBox. There is a lot of discussion about it in this forum. That's what I'm talking about. Am I wrong?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    29 Oct 2015 #4
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by Antilope View Post
    Using Linux in a Windows 10 VirtualBox. There is a lot of discussion about it in this forum.
    Still, wouldn't that be better in a Linux forum??
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    29 Oct 2015 #5
    Join Date : Apr 2015
    California
    Posts : 362
    Windows 10 Pro x64
    Thread Starter

    I thought this forum was about making things run smoothly in a Virtual machine in Windows 10. Firefox was jumpy and I posted a solution. Stop being so narrow minded.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    29 Oct 2015 #6
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by Antilope View Post
    I thought this forum was about making things run smoothly in a Virtual machine in Windows 10. Firefox was jumpy and I posted a solution. Stop being so narrow minded.
    I'm just yanking your chain. Have a good day.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    04 Nov 2015 #7
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 40,051
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    @Antilope

    Quote Originally Posted by Antilope View Post
    Using Linux in a Windows 10 VirtualBox. There is a lot of discussion about it in this forum. That's what I'm talking about. Am I wrong?
    Quick Question for ya on Linux Mint, you know how to be able to install Linux Mint on to a USB stick, and have it actually boot IF the computer is running a GTX Nvidia 750Ti card??? Linux does not seem to support these cards.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  8.    04 Nov 2015 #8
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by OldMike65 View Post
    @Antilope



    Quick Question for ya on Linux Mint, you know how to be able to install Linux Mint on to a USB stick, and have it actually boot IF the computer is running a GTX Nvidia 750Ti card??? Linux does not seem to support these cards.
    Try running it in a VM first and see if it has the correct drivers. I suspect you can use Rufus to put the ISO to the USB stick.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    04 Nov 2015 #9
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 40,051
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyJ View Post
    Try running it in a VM first and see if it has the correct drivers. I suspect you can use Rufus to put the ISO to the USB stick.
    Well Jeff, I got a slight problem with that method. I have never made or used a VM in my Windows 10 Pro. But I do like playing around with Linux on a usb stick. So I would have to learn a lot more on making and using a VM......not sure I want too just to play around with Linux Mint. Also I have read, that Linux does not support my Nvidia card, no matter how its installed, without a lot of tweaking.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  10.    04 Nov 2015 #10
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by OldMike65 View Post
    Well Jeff, I got a slight problem with that method. I have never made or used a VM in my Windows 10 Pro. But I do like playing around with Linux on a usb stick. So I would have to learn a lot more on making and using a VM......not sure I want too just to play around with Linux Mint. Also I have read, that Linux does not support my Nvidia card, no matter how its installed, without a lot of tweaking.
    VM Ware Player is easy to use and I find it the best way to test Linux. There's a free version:
    free

    And if you have questions just start a thread and you'll get lots of help. I'm going to be gone most of the day but there are others that will be happy to help you out.

    It's worth a shot.. look at it this way. You'll learn a new skill and test Linux without committing to it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Mouse problems - not scrolling, resetting speed
Hi, I have a very strange and annoying problem. I bought a new mouse A4tech Bloody V7, I installed the software and everything seemed to be working fine. Then my PC went into the sleep mode and when I woke it up I realised that the mouse scroll...
Drivers and Hardware
Solved CPU Speed Locked
Hello all, I have had something really odd going on for a while now that I have never seen or heard of before. This started back when I was running Windows 8.1, so it isnt new to the Windows 10 installation. Every now and then my laptop will...
Performance & Maintenance
Memory Speed
Hi All, Since carrying out a clean install on my Asus G750 laptop the Kingston HyperX 2133mhz memory I have is showing as running at 1600mhz in the task manager. I'm a member on te ROG forum and know that the motherboard can support 2133mhz....
Drivers and Hardware
Fan speed control
Second question of the day..! I'm running an Asus P6TD motherboard and in Win 7 used to use the Asus AI Suite to create a custom profile for the CPU fan speed which meant the fan was less noisy. AI Suite won't run on Win 10 - or at least the...
Drivers and Hardware
Solved High Ping while running speed test on Firefox
Hey Guys, Can anyone else confirm this for me. Firefox updated to version 40 recently and ever since when I run a speedtest I get a very high Ping. I went from 10-15ms to over 150ms testing my local ISP servers. My download and upload speeds are...
Browsers and Email
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:49.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums