Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    11 Sep 2014 #1
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    United States
    Posts : 132
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

    Truly virtual


    Since there is nothing to virtualize right now, this is a truly virtual topic. Anyone care to theorize on how easy it will be to virtualize 9?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    11 Sep 2014 #2
    Join Date : Mar 2014
    South Carolina, USA
    Posts : 17,181
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

    Easy-peasy.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    11 Sep 2014 #3
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    N Calif
    Posts : 709
    W10 Pro (desktop), W10 (laptop), W10 (laptop), W10Pro (tablet)

    It better work well, that's how I plan to run the preview whenever it's released. I remember when the Win 8 preview was released I couldn't get it to install in VirtualBox but it installed OK in VMWare Player. Within a short time (days), Oracle released an update that made it so the preview would install in VB.
    Last edited by strollin; 11 Sep 2014 at 15:46.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    11 Sep 2014 #4
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    United States
    Posts : 132
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by strollin View Post
    It better work well, that's how I plan to run the preview whenever it's released. I remember when the Win 8 preview was released I couldn't get it to install in VirtualBox but it installed OK in VMWare Player. Within a short time (days), Oracle released an update that made it so the preview would install in VB.
    Will be interesting to see how Hyper-V handles it although I don't plan on testing it. I'm a VMWare Player fanboy.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    11 Sep 2014 #5
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    United States
    Posts : 132
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck38 View Post
    Easy-peasy.
    We can hope. Would like to look at it on a VM first myself.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    30 Sep 2014 #6
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    Posts : 15
    Windows 10 9879 / Kubuntu 14.10 Plasma5

    I remember back in the days of Windows 8 consumer preview it would throw a HAL_INITIALIZATION_FAILED bsod when virtualized. Hope and pray I can get this running on my Toshiba Satellite in VB; otherwise I'll partition and install on my HDD since I'm too poor to get VMWare lol.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    04 Oct 2014 #7
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    United States
    Posts : 132
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by trashcan86 View Post
    I remember back in the days of Windows 8 consumer preview it would throw a HAL_INITIALIZATION_FAILED bsod when virtualized. Hope and pray I can get this running on my Toshiba Satellite in VB; otherwise I'll partition and install on my HDD since I'm too poor to get VMWare lol.
    I use the VMWare Player which is free. Hopefully will play nice, going to try it in the next few days.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    04 Oct 2014 #8
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    A Finnish expat in Germany
    Posts : 13,098
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by popeye View Post
    Will be interesting to see how Hyper-V handles it although I don't plan on testing it. I'm a VMWare Player fanboy.
    Hyper-V both runs Windows 10 guests and and works well as a Hyper-V host. To get screenshots to this tutorial, I installed Windows 10 Tech Preview on a Hyper-V vm running on a Windows 10 Tech preview laptop.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    04 Oct 2014 #9
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Posts : 804
    10 Pro Preview x64

    Virtualbox however doesn't work on a Windows 10 host at the moment... https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=63923
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    04 Oct 2014 #10
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Get Off My Lawn
    Posts : 4,962
    Win10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by popeye View Post
    I use the VMWare Player which is free. Hopefully will play nice, going to try it in the next few days.
    I used the VMware player also, but I could not install the 64 bit Win 10.
    Used the 32 bit version and all was well.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Virtual Box 4.3.26
Trying to install VB on windows 10 pro 10074 and it encounters an error and then backs out of the install. VMPlayer seems ok. Is there some problem with VB on the 10074 build? Shipinomore
Virtualization
Virtual Box 4.3.8
The latest version of Virtual Box has hit the streets: Web https://www.virtualbox.org/Site.
Chillout Room
Virtual Box 4.3.4 now available
For those who use Virtual Box VM creater there is an up grade now on the street Version 4.3.4. . .Good luck with it. . .:D
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:40.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums