virtualbox


  1. Posts : 3
    windows 10
       #1

    virtualbox


    Hello everyone
    I am new to the forum registered today.
    I downloaded VirtualBox a week ago and ran the setup but ending up not using it at all so I deleted it and removed it from my downloads also emptied my trash. Then while shutting down I get a message that an app is running still VirtualBox? So I checked apps and task manager to see if VirtualBox was running And I can't find VirtualBox anyplace on my PC?
    Any ideas?
      My Computer

  2. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 55,105
    Multi-boot Windows 10 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #2

    Fortress1965 said:
    Hello everyone
    I am new to the forum registered today.
    I downloaded VirtualBox a week ago and ran the setup but ending up not using it at all so I deleted it and removed it from my downloads also emptied my trash. Then while shutting down I get a message that an app is running still VirtualBox? So I checked apps and task manager to see if VirtualBox was running And I can't find VirtualBox anyplace on my PC?
    Any ideas?
    Good morning, Fortress....

    First question would be how did you do this part? .

    so I deleted it


    If you did not uninstall it properly, it may leave parts there, like services
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 3
    windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #3

    Well f14tomcat
    I didn't uninstall it as I should have I believe I deleted the icon then deleted the download then my recycle bin I have no idea why I did it that way. But I agree with you that it probably left software behind. The only thing I can think of is to reload it and uninstall it correctly hoping it takes everything?
      My Computer

  4. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 55,105
    Multi-boot Windows 10 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #4

    Fortress1965 said:
    Well f14tomcat
    I didn't uninstall it as I should have I believe I deleted the icon then deleted the download then my recycle bin I have no idea why I did it that way. But I agree with you that it probably left software behind. The only thing I can think of is to reload it and uninstall it correctly hoping it takes everything?
    That was going to be my next suggestion. You read my mind. Go get the installer again, go thru install, then go thru a proper uninstall.

    Some installers have a "repair" option when you run them again on an installed version. If so, use that choice. Not sure with V Box.
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 3
    windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #5

    Thank you f14tomcat
    I downloaded VirtualBox again and went to add/remove programs and ticked uninstall it gave me an option to repair and I did so then Uninstalled it and it indeed took all VirtualBox software off the PC I restarted my PC and the message is gone.
    Thank you
      My Computer

  6. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 55,105
    Multi-boot Windows 10 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #6

    Fortress1965 said:
    Thank you f14tomcat
    I downloaded VirtualBox again and went to add/remove programs and ticked uninstall it gave me an option to repair and I did so then Uninstalled it and it indeed took all VirtualBox software off the PC I restarted my PC and the message is gone.
    Thank you
    Excellent! Glad to hear!
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:12.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums