Windows 10: Removing old virtual switches

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    4 Weeks Ago #1

    Removing old virtual switches


    Does anybody know how to remove these old virtual switches?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	33 
Size:	14.4 KB 
ID:	185915
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 13,986
    Windows 10 Pro
       4 Weeks Ago #2

    Can you see them in Virtual Switch Manager? If not, check if they can be seen in elevated PowerShell with cmdlet Get-VMSwitch. If shown, delete with Remove-VMSwitch -Name SwitchName.

    Kari
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    4 Weeks Ago #3

    Kari said: View Post
    Can you see them in Virtual Switch Manager? If not, check if they can be seen in elevated PowerShell with cmdlet Get-VMSwitch. If shown, delete with Remove-VMSwitch -Name SwitchName.

    Kari
    That did not work but the answer was simple - just uninstall them from device manager.

    I am having an issue since 17134.1 whereby if I use external switch, my download speeds on host are massively reduced. Others have been getting this issue.

    If you connect using the default switch, all is fine but then the NAT prevents you RDPing to VM.

    The solution allegedly is to create an internal switch, and from network and sharing, give the internal switch a static IP address, and then bridge the Host wifi adaptor to the internal switch.

    I have tried this, and it immediately disables Internet on the Host.

    Does anybody have any idea how to fix this?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    4 Weeks Ago #4

    cereberus said: View Post
    That did not work but the answer was simple - just uninstall them from device manager.

    I am having an issue since 17134.1 whereby if I use external switch, my download speeds on host are massively reduced. Others have been getting this issue.

    If you connect using the default switch, all is fine but then the NAT prevents you RDPing to VM.

    The solution allegedly is to create an internal switch, and from network and sharing, give the internal switch a static IP address, and then bridge the Host wifi adaptor to the internal switch.

    I have tried this, and it immediately disables Internet on the Host.

    Does anybody have any idea how to fix this?
    Hi there

    Open port 3389 on the VM ensure firewalls OK

    say NAT addr is 10.0.0.1

    then in your RDP this should work 10.0.0.1:3389

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    4 Weeks Ago #5

    jimbo45 said: View Post
    Hi there

    Open port 3389 on the VM ensure firewalls OK

    say NAT addr is 10.0.0.1

    then in your RDP this should work 10.0.0.1:3389

    Cheers
    jimbo
    Actually, once I deleted all the old switches and recreated the internal switch, it now works fine!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 3,111
    Windows 10 Pro x64 v1803 Build 17134.81 (Branch: RS4 Release Preview)
       4 Weeks Ago #6

    cereberus said: View Post
    Actually, once I deleted all the old switches and recreated the internal switch, it now works fine!
    LOL!

    It can sometimes be a mess when working with network adapters and Hyper-V switches in Windows.

    So I just tested everything on my end, and all works exactly as it should, once I enabled access for RDP on my VMs.

    Glad you got it sorted out. :)
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7.    4 Weeks Ago #7

    slicendice said: View Post
    LOL!

    It can sometimes be a mess when working with network adapters and Hyper-V switches in Windows.

    So I just tested everything on my end, and all works exactly as it should, once I enabled access for RDP on my VMs.

    Glad you got it sorted out. :)
    I spoke too soon. I got the switches and RDP working but I still get a massive download reduction (as I did using an external switch). Oddly upload is not affected

    Picture on left is using wifi adaptor direct, right is via a virtual network bridge

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	29 
Size:	123.4 KB 
ID:	185918
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  • Posts : 3,111
    Windows 10 Pro x64 v1803 Build 17134.81 (Branch: RS4 Release Preview)
       4 Weeks Ago #8

    Wow, that's some huge difference.


    Wait, I see what I get...
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  •    4 Weeks Ago #9

    And here it is with wifi NOT Bridged but an eternal switch, now using the vEthernet adaptor.

    Something is clearly screwed up.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	28 
Size:	52.5 KB 
ID:	185920
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  • Posts : 3,111
    Windows 10 Pro x64 v1803 Build 17134.81 (Branch: RS4 Release Preview)
       4 Weeks Ago #10

    cereberus said: View Post
    And here it is with wifi NOT Bridged but an eternal switch, now using the vEthernet adaptor.

    Something is clearly screwed up.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	28 
Size:	52.5 KB 
ID:	185920
    Yep, I get 1/10 of speed on my VM-Host (30Mbit), while on the VM I get full speed (350Mbit). HAHAHA!
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  •  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

    Related Threads
    Main display switches in Graphic Cards
    Hello - this might possibly be a bit outside of the Windows discussion since I run Windows 7 on a RH Linux laptop (it's a work requirement), but I'll ask since I have not been able to figure this out or find a solution anywhere. I use 3 monitors...
    key switches don't work in Drivers and Hardware
    On this Toshiba Satellite M645, key switches don't work, brightness control, mouse and pointer on/off, and wireless on/off. Any suggestions?
    I'm using an RCA 55" LED Smart TV on my rig to play games. This was not an issue in windows 7. Going fullscreen on some games causes my display to switch from 1080p to 1080i. It's very annoying. I have been using autohotkey with a force full...
    I've made 3 virtual machines at hyper-v on windows 10 x64 professional, also I made 3 virtual switches, but the networking including host does not work. 1. 1 external and 2 internal switches 48474 The last photo is windows 7 vm. I...
    In win7 and win8.1, i could set the screen of my tablet (Lenovo Miix3) to switch off after 3 min (not sleep, just switch off the screen). Tapping the touchscreen would bring it immediately to life again. With win10, this does not happen. I need...
    Our Sites
    Site Links
    About Us
    Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

    Designer Media Ltd
    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:59.
    Find Us