VM

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 66
    Win10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #11

    So I have attached a screenshot. Is this what I want?VM-vm.png
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 1,471
    Win10 Home x64 - 1809
       #12

    BTW, Does Linux boot faster than MS?
    Straight up Linux vs Windows on the same pc/specs ... yea it's faster, IMHO. Like I said in Virtual Box VM it's really going to depend on the PC.

    So I have attached a screenshot. Is this what I want?
    Yes, the Windows Host one.
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 66
    Win10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #13

    Eagle51 said:
    Straight up Linux vs Windows on the same pc/specs ... yea it's faster, IMHO. Like I said in Virtual Box VM it's really going to depend on the PC.


    Yes, the Windows Host one.
    AWESOME!!! I am downloading it now!!
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 1,471
    Win10 Home x64 - 1809
       #14

    LOL, didn't realize my VitrualBox hadn't been updated in while.... time to update it :)
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 66
    Win10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #15

    Eagle51 said:
    LOL, didn't realize my VitrualBox hadn't been updated in while.... time to update it :)
    its installing. I am a little afraid but I guess I have to jump all in. like the first time I jumped. (had to be pushed out)
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 66
    Win10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #16

    cmmpro1 said:
    its installing. I am a little afraid but I guess I have to jump all in. like the first time I jumped. (had to be pushed out)
    Its on the computer. now I'm about to install Linux. Which one do I need to make virtual? I want the compter to run off Linux...VM-vm1.png
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 1,471
    Win10 Home x64 - 1809
       #17

    Click on New and setup the VM first.
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 66
    Win10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #18

    Eagle51 said:
    Click on New and setup the VM first.
    My computer is 64 bit but all the options are for 32 bit. I am sure that's ok But.......... is it?
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 66
    Win10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #19

    cmmpro1 said:
    My computer is 64 bit but all the options are for 32 bit. I am sure that's ok But.......... is it?
    Also, I haven't installed Linux as of yet. Do I want to still make win10 virtual?
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 1,471
    Win10 Home x64 - 1809
       #20

    My computer is 64 bit but all the options are for 32 bit. I am sure that's ok But.......... is it?
    Then you'll need the 32bit version of Linux Mint

    Also, I haven't installed Linux as of yet. Do I want to still make win10 virtual?
    You not making Win10 Virtual, so to speak ... you're creating a Vitrual Machine (VM) in VirtualBox inside Win10 and yes you have to create a VM to run/install Linux Mint in VirtualBox :)
      My Computers


 

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:44.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums