Windows 10: Cant run any programs as administrator - After update to 1703

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    1 Week Ago #1

    Cant run any programs as administrator - After update to 1703


    when i rightclick on any program an choose "run as administrator" nothing happens.

    my account is a local one and it says administrator.

    i have tried following without success:

    1: created a new admin account
    2. right-click on a prog and choose properties-compatibility-run this program in compatibility mode for - and picked windows 7(win10 is not available), standard is win 8

    i hope you can help me to fix this couse otherwise i have to go back to win10 1511
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.   My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    1 Week Ago #3


    its not exactly the same problem since i dont get the uac window.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    1 Week Ago #4

    2nd link:
    If you have UAC set to "Never notify" or disabled and are signed in to a standard user account, then this would be normal. UAC will need to be enabled to be able for a standard user to be able to enter an administrator password in a UAC prompt.

    Is UAC off completely?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    1 Week Ago #5

    dalchina said: View Post
    2nd link:
    If you have UAC set to "Never notify" or disabled and are signed in to a standard user account, then this would be normal. UAC will need to be enabled to be able for a standard user to be able to enter an administrator password in a UAC prompt.
    Is UAC off completely?
    1.im not a standard user, i am admin
    2.where do i see if uac is off?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    1 Week Ago #6

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	33.3 KB 
ID:	163486

    Or via Control Panel, users.

    However, on further consideration, I don't think that's it, sorry.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    1 Week Ago #7

    dalchina said: View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	33.3 KB 
ID:	163486

    Or via Control Panel, users.

    However, on further consideration, I don't think that's it, sorry.
    yeah me neither, but here is how it looks anyway
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    1 Week Ago #8

    Ok, a range of clues here:
    windows 7 - Using ā€œRun as Administratorā€ does nothing at all - Super User

    It's an older thread, but suggests various possibilities.
    In particular, try using e.g. Shellexview or Shellmenu (free) to selectively disable items in your right click menu. (Make sure you hide MS items). No logoff required.
    This has been reported as finding a resolution by various people.

    You can also try checking whether it's something related to your user profile by creating a new user for test purposes and checking when logged in as that user.

    If the same thing happens, it's likely to be Windows related, if not, it's user profile related, or a configuration problem common to both.
    Last edited by dalchina; 1 Week Ago at 12:54.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    1 Week Ago #9

    dalchina said: View Post
    Ok, a range of clues here:
    windows 7 - Using ā€œRun as Administratorā€ does nothing at all - Super User

    It's an older thread, but suggests various possibilities.
    In particular, try using e.g. Shellexview or Shellmenu (free) to selectively disable items in your right click menu. (Make sure you hide MS items). No logoff required.
    This has been reported as finding a resolution by various people.

    You can also try checking whether it's something related to your user profile by creating a new user for test purposes and checking when logged in as that user.

    If the same thing happens, it's likely to be Windows related, if not, it's user profile related, or a configuration problem common to both.
    i tried the first and second sollutions without any luck.
    i dont see anyhting about Shellexview or Shellmenu ​in the link
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    1 Week Ago #10

    They are tools which conveniently allow you to disable context menu entries. Google will help (see my signature)
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Related Threads
howdy, back in march i had an issue with 2 or 3 startup folders n programs not starting with pc issues with an os build update to get no real help, issues either sorted them selves out or i fixed some, now the lates build has recked startup programs...
I find some programs startup is controlled by Task Scheduler rather than from the startup tab in Task Manager or from the app itself. I have a program Asus AI Suite that's startup with Windows appears to be controlled by Task Scheduler. The program...
Version 1703 Build 15063 removes programs? in Windows Updates and Activation
After updating to version 1703, I noticed that programs were missing. I had previously installed the Win7Games4Win10, which brings back the old Solitaire, Freecell, etc. After the update they were completely gone. Is this something that occurs...
certain programs now only work if run as administrator in User Accounts and Family Safety
I have recently had problems getting certain programs to work properly (Alzip, Finale 2012 and others), and I've discovered that somewhere along the line, presumably after the last big Windows 10 upgrade, my permissions must have changed. The result...
Programs that require administrator access in User Accounts and Family Safety
I have a program (game) that I wish to allow a child to run but it requires administrator access to run the program. I don't particularly want to be required to walk over and type in the password every time the child wants to run the game, but I...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:18.
Find Us