Windows 10: Can you create a seperatelocal account on a microsoft account computer Solved

  1.    29 Mar 2017 #1

    Can you create a seperatelocal account on a microsoft account computer


    Basically my partner is wanting a user account on my PC but she'd rather not have it linked to her Microsoft account. The main account I use is linked to my Microsoft account.

    According to what I've read online I should be able to go to add a family member and click the person doesn't have an email account. This I can do but then it wants me to create an email address for this person and the option mentioned in the guide to create an account without a Microsoft account isn't there.

    Is there a way to create her account as a local account while keeping mine as a Microsoft account or would both have to be local?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 29,021
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       29 Mar 2017 #2

    peteyt said: View Post
    Basically my partner is wanting a user account on my PC but she'd rather not have it linked to her Microsoft account. The main account I use is linked to my Microsoft account.

    According to what I've read online I should be able to go to add a family member and click the person doesn't have an email account. This I can do but then it wants me to create an email address for this person and the option mentioned in the guide to create an account without a Microsoft account isn't there.

    Is there a way to create her account as a local account while keeping mine as a Microsoft account or would both have to be local?
    Certainly! Take a look at this tutorial here on Tenforums. It should answer your question and give you step-by-step instructions. Post back if you have any other questions on this or problems. TC

    Add User Account in Windows 10 - Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3.    29 Mar 2017 #3

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    Certainly! Take a look at this tutorial here on Tenforums. It should answer your question and give you step-by-step instructions. Post back if you have any other questions on this or problems. TC

    Add User Account in Windows 10 - Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials
    Thanks the guides online might be outdated as the guide you linked to seemed to work straight away. Thanks again
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 29,021
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       29 Mar 2017 #4

    peteyt said: View Post
    Thanks the guides online might be outdated as the guide you linked to seemed to work straight away. Thanks again
    You're quite welcome! Glad it got you going. Lots of good tutorials here.....glance thru when you have the time. Cheers! TC

    Windows 10 Tutorials
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 4,512
    10 Home x64 (1709) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       29 Mar 2017 #5

    peteyt said: View Post
    ...the guides online might be outdated as the guide you linked to seemed to work straight away.
    That's because the tutorials here are continually updated. For example, the one you used says:
    Last Updated: 1 Week Ago
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
I am not computer savvy but I downloaded Windows 10 and created a Microsoft account. I wrote down the password. The next day a log in screen appeared (which I never had before) so I tried to log in. My password didn't work. I tried everything. I...
I can create new user accounts from Windows Settings, see image. But a review of regedit shows that no profile has been created for any of these new accounts, only for my original administrator account. See image. When I try to sign as as any...
I would like help solving a mystery. I set up a new Dell Optiplex 3020 which shipped with Windows 10 Pro. I bypassed the option to set up the user with a Microsoft Account (The owner does not have a microsoft account and I did not create one at...
When I signed up for the Cortana to try it out, I had to use my microsoft account. I have decided that in my case, I do not want to use Cortana. How can I go back to the normal user account? Ever since I signed in with the microsoft...
Unable to link Microsoft Account to my Local Account in User Accounts and Family Safety
Hi all, When I click on the link to associate my Microsoft Account to my Local Account (after upgrading from Windows 7), it simply does nothing. Click, click, click. Similarly, when I try to log in the Windows store app, I get an application...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:09.
Find Us