1. Joined : Jan 2017
    Posts : 7
    Windows 7 SP1`
       2 Weeks Ago #1

    Can I login Without Internet?


    He yo guys!
    I am a newbie here,I just wanted to ask as I wanted to move to windows 10 I heard that it isn't possible to login windows 10 without internet, so I just wanted to confirm, do I really need to have internet while logging in my windows 10 pc (Any Edition)?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Aug 2014
    Forever West
    Posts : 2,606
    Win10 Home and Pro, Win10 Insider Preview, Win7 Home, Linux Mint
       2 Weeks Ago #2

    You need the Internet if trying to log on using a Microsoft Account but should be able to without the Internet using a Local Account. Easy way to test is to either unplug the Ethernet cable or use the keyboard to turn off the Wireless [Notebook/Laptop] or just turn off the Modem/Router and restart, should give a message if there's a problem. Might look in Tutorials on this site about creating either type account.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Jan 2017
    Posts : 7
    Windows 7 SP1`
       2 Weeks Ago #3

    Berton said: View Post
    You need the Internet if trying to log on using a Microsoft Account but should be able to without the Internet using a Local Account. Easy way to test is to either unplug the Ethernet cable or use the keyboard to turn off the Wireless [Notebook/Laptop] or just turn off the Modem/Router and restart, should give a message if there's a problem. Might look in Tutorials on this site about creating either type account.
    But hey should I be able to login without the Internet using a Local Account on Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB ?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Jun 2015
    UK
    Posts : 1,324
    Windows 10 Home x64 (Laptop), Windows 10 Pro x64 (Desktop)
       2 Weeks Ago #4

    I have no problems logging in to my MS account when my router is off and there is no internet connection? I think you need to be connected for the first login to verify the account but should be OK otherwise. See Does using a Microsoft account require an Internet connection to log in?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Jun 2015
    UK
    Posts : 1,324
    Windows 10 Home x64 (Laptop), Windows 10 Pro x64 (Desktop)
       2 Weeks Ago #5

    Berton said: View Post
    You need the Internet if trying to log on using a Microsoft Account but should be able to without the Internet using a Local Account. Easy way to test is to either unplug the Ethernet cable or use the keyboard to turn off the Wireless [Notebook/Laptop] or just turn off the Modem/Router and restart, should give a message if there's a problem. Might look in Tutorials on this site about creating either type account.
    You can login using a MS account and no internet connection.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Jan 2017
    Posts : 7
    Windows 7 SP1`
       2 Weeks Ago #6

    TY for the replies!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Jul 2015
    Eastbourne East Sussex UK
    Posts : 2,450
    Windows 10 Home x64: 1607 Redstone (1) Build 143934.693
       2 Weeks Ago #7

    Steve C said: View Post
    You can login using a MS account and no internet connection.
    Agree fully
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 6,908
    Windows 10 Pro
       2 Weeks Ago #8

    Berton said: View Post
    You need the Internet if trying to log on using a Microsoft Account but should be able to without the Internet using a Local Account.
    If that was true then it would be impossible to travel with a laptop that only had a Microsoft Account login established on it because the user has to login first in order to change the WiFi hotspot being connected to and those of us that login into our computers with our Microsoft Account logins when we are not connected to the internet know that we can.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Windows 10 Freezing Problems, Internet Connections, Slow Login
I've had nothing but problems ever since I upgraded to windows 10. I was forced to revert back to Windows 7 after a 1 hour (not exactly, I stopped paying attention to it while it was going) of it updating. The moment I got started I got hit with a...
General Support
If internet down can you still login to Windows 10?
Prob a silly question but it occurred to me that should our internet ever go down for whatever reason can we all still login to our Windows 10 desktop? We have multi user accounts so always get presented with the login screen on boot. Not that it's...
General Support
Does Win 10 login require an Internet connection?
Does Win 10 require an Internet connection for me to login with my Windows Live password or has it stored the hash on my laptop?
User Accounts and Family Safety
Win 10 won't login without internet connection
I was having trouble logging into Windows 10. It would not accept my password. I discovered that I was having an issue with a network cable and had lost contact with the internet. Once I replaced the faulty cable, things are working fine. ...
General Support
Solved Window 10 login in with Internet Explore. I want to get out from IE
I am running Window 10 and Google is my default browser.....Everything was great, till I have tried to log in with Internet Explore Now, I am forced to input Password to open my Window. I tried everything to get out of IE, but no success. ...
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:22.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums