Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

  1. Joined : May 2016
    Massachusetts
    Posts : 85
    Windows 10 Pro 32-bit
       14 Sep 2016 #11

    "Yes I can, but it is kind of annoying doing it each tine" That's ok, it's part of the troubleshooting process as none of us can see your computer. I want to believe there is a solution to your problem with out formatting your PC. Only time will tell.

    Do you leave your computer on all of the time?
    If So would you consider shutting down your computer once a day at a convenient time and starting it back up later at a convenient time and leaving on the rest of the time until you shut down again on a daily basis for now so you can at least log in properly during this time period?
    --- The shut down & start back up time frame can be only within 5 minutes or before some activity such as when going to work and then returning from work.
    --- Some experts may have better troubleshooting methods and that's ok with me as I'm just a simple computer user and I always welcome learning something new.



    Also do you have any security/maintenance programs? For example, Norton, McAfee etc.? Maybe CCleaner?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : May 2016
    Massachusetts
    Posts : 85
    Windows 10 Pro 32-bit
       15 Sep 2016 #12

    I've done more research on your issue and haven't found any standard of instructions of how to deal with it.

    But what I suspect is your issue happens to when the computer wakes up and settings in power options should be changed and then backtrack each one (one at a time) to find out when your issue re-occurs. I've looked over my settings and am considering how it would be possible for you to do in order to be helpful. Once a changed setting is returned to its prior state or default state and the issue returns, you can focus on how to address that particular setting. BTW, I don't recall, but are you on the Win10 AU update?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Sep 2016
    Posts : 7
    Windows 10
       15 Sep 2016 #13

    MeAndMyComputer said: View Post
    I've done more research on your issue and haven't found any standard of instructions of how to deal with it.

    But what I suspect is your issue happens to when the computer wakes up and settings in power options should be changed and then backtrack each one (one at a time) to find out when your issue re-occurs. I've looked over my settings and am considering how it would be possible for you to do in order to be helpful. Once a changed setting is returned to its prior state or default state and the issue returns, you can focus on how to address that particular setting. BTW, I don't recall, but are you on the Win10 AU update?
    I am, i always update to the latest version ( simply because I have hope it will fix it..)
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : May 2016
    Massachusetts
    Posts : 85
    Windows 10 Pro 32-bit
       16 Sep 2016 #14

    I don't have the AU update yet. Did you have the problem before the AU update?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Sep 2016
    Posts : 1
    Windows 10
       27 Sep 2016 #15

    This exact same problem is happening to me with the latest update on my HP Touchsmart.

    Computer goes to lock screen / sleep. After waking, central login prompt is missing. A restart will ultimately solve the problem, but this is incredibly inconvenient if you're in the middle of something.

    I'm looking at the lock screen settings, and there are two features that I don't remember seeing there before. Perhaps they came with one of the more recent updates and are causing problems?

    * Get fun facts, tips, and tricks on your lock screen (on/off)
    * Show lock-screen background picture on the sign-in screen (on/off)

    For now, I would suggest just turning off your lock screen and see if that solves it.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Sep 2016
    Posts : 7
    Windows 10
       27 Sep 2016 #16

    MeAndMyComputer said: View Post
    I don't have the AU update yet. Did you have the problem before the AU update?

    I Believe the issue is the AU update, but when I go to recovery page, I don't have the option to return to previous build:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	no-build-recovery-option.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	32.6 KB 
ID:	103441

    ajboarder said: View Post
    This exact same problem is happening to me with the latest update on my HP Touchsmart.

    Computer goes to lock screen / sleep. After waking, central login prompt is missing. A restart will ultimately solve the problem, but this is incredibly inconvenient if you're in the middle of something.

    I'm looking at the lock screen settings, and there are two features that I don't remember seeing there before. Perhaps they came with one of the more recent updates and are causing problems?

    * Get fun facts, tips, and tricks on your lock screen (on/off)
    * Show lock-screen background picture on the sign-in screen (on/off)

    For now, I would suggest just turning off your lock screen and see if that solves it.
    I do not see these extra option at lock screen
    Since I have some important information kept in my computer, I would prefer keeping it locked, and restarting each time, then let it stay unguarded
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : May 2016
    Massachusetts
    Posts : 85
    Windows 10 Pro 32-bit
       28 Sep 2016 #17

    I didn't have to evaluate this bit check it out
    http://www.howtogeek.com/267893/how-...creen-timeout/
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Aug 2016
    S/E England
    Posts : 833
    10 Home x64 (1607), Pro x86 (1511 & 1607)
       14 Oct 2016 #18

    @Shohambs, another similar thread has apparently found a way to get the list of account to appear.

    Zmizis said: View Post
    this problem was simply fixed for me when i did + L ._. , at least for now
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Sep 2016
    Posts : 7
    Windows 10
       17 Oct 2016 #19

    Bree said: View Post
    @Shohambs, another similar thread has apparently found a way to get the list of account to appear.
    Didn't work for me, still the same screen
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : May 2016
    Massachusetts
    Posts : 85
    Windows 10 Pro 32-bit
       17 Oct 2016 #20

    Post #8 “I can login to the computer after restart, but every locking after it causes the problem.”

    http://www.isunshare.com/windows-10/...-computer.html
    Check Way 3: Lock computer in Screen Saver Settings.
    Step 1: Type lock computer in the search box on taskbar and choose Lock the computer when I leave it alone for a period of time.
    Step 2: In the Screen Saver Settings dialog, choose On resume, display logon screen and hit OK.
    Is “On resume, display log on screen” checked?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	On resume, display log on screen.PNG 
Views:	15 
Size:	75.9 KB 
ID:	106498
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved No password prompt at login screen. Can not login.
After I configured to start up the Windows 10 with the safe mode as following method for uninstalling a software, it does not prompt to enter a password at login screen anymore. It was working fine until now. ...
User Accounts and Family Safety
Endless login prompt
Hey there, Just recentely I encountered this very strange issue. My windows is stuck at the log-in prompt. After typing my password I see the animation plays (the little circle), a black screen and then I'm back again at the log-in prompt. No...
User Accounts and Family Safety
Solved If auto-login is enabled there is NO User picture on Login screen
If auto-login is enabled there is NO User picture on Login screen This issue started with Redstone builds. This was not an issue with TH2. Many other Insiders have reported this on the Feedback Hub. I thought it would be fixed by now, but it...
User Accounts and Family Safety
Windows 10 stuck on login screen or takes long to login
Since the last windows 10 builds, my loggin screen would freeze where it shows the time, i can move my mouse around but cant click anything or use the keyboard, or when i log in it would go to a blackscreen but still see the mouse. It would be...
General Support
Black screen after installing Windows 10 - no login prompt, no cursor
I manually updated my Lenovo desktop (K450E, i7, 16GB Ram with NVIDIA GTX 970 card and 750 watt power supply) using the Media Creation tool. I set it to upload overnight but when I came back to it this morning, the screen didn't respond. I did a...
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:22.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums