After upgrading win 10 to Anniversary can not login anymore.


  1. Posts : 4
    Windows 10
       #1

    After upgrading win 10 to Anniversary can not login anymore.


    Upgraded windows 10 to windows 10 Anniversary, upgrade went smoothly with no errors or warnings, re-booted several times. When finally finished booted into a login form, but picture not showing and instead of username a question mark (?) After a short time this form goes leaving a black screen with only a pointer visible. Anybody has experienced this? If so, any pointers how to proceed most welcome. Thanks
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 141
    windows 10
       #2

    Please do try a hard reset first, remove the battery and AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds. Plug just the AC adapter then boot it back up and try to login. If it won't let you login there's a reset option where you can change your Windows login.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 4
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #3

    Thanks for the reply, I have an desktop, how to do this? Will switching power off at back of PC do the trick?
    Thanks.
      My Computer

  4. simrick's Avatar
    Posts : 16,108
    W10Prox64
       #4

    Hermanc said:
    Upgraded windows 10 to windows 10 Anniversary, upgrade went smoothly with no errors or warnings, re-booted several times. When finally finished booted into a login form, but picture not showing and instead of username a question mark (?) After a short time this form goes leaving a black screen with only a pointer visible. Anybody has experienced this? If so, any pointers how to proceed most welcome. Thanks
    Hermanc said:
    Thanks for the reply, I have an desktop, how to do this? Will switching power off at back of PC do the trick?
    Thanks.
    Hi Hermanc and welcome to Tenforums.
    With a desktop, there's no battery to remove. Simply shutdown, pull out the power cord, and hold in the start button for 10 seconds to drain everything.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 4
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #5

    Ok, will try later in the day. Have re-installed Win 10 in the meantime. Downloading the Anniversary ISO at the moment.
    Let you know how it goes. Thanks.
      My Computer

  6. simrick's Avatar
    Posts : 16,108
    W10Prox64
       #6

    Hermanc said:
    Ok, will try later in the day. Have re-installed Win 10 in the meantime. Downloading the Anniversary ISO at the moment.
    Let you know how it goes. Thanks.
    Sounds good.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 4
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #7

    After upgrading win 10 to Anniversary can not login anymore.


    simrick said:
    Sounds good.
    This time could not update, BSOD x2 So for the time being won't upgrade.
    Will have to put in new ssd drive later anyhow, and do a fresh install.
    Present installation started as 7, updated to 8.0-8.1-10. Probably to much baggage
    Thanks for your replies.
      My Computer

  8. simrick's Avatar
    Posts : 16,108
    W10Prox64
       #8

    Hermanc said:
    This time could not update, BSOD x2 So for the time being won't upgrade.
    Will have to put in new ssd drive later anyhow, and do a fresh install.
    Present installation started as 7, updated to 8.0-8.1-10. Probably to much baggage
    Thanks for your replies.
    Yeah, you could be right. A clean install should fix things. Good luck! :)
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:40.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums