Windows 10: "Cloning" User Settings from a Prototype User Account - (Win 10)
"Cloning" User Settings from a Prototype User Account - (Win 10)
I've looked for a straightforward answer to this, and the searches I done can't find this...
1. This concerns a Win 10 User Accounts on both a single PC, and multiple PC's that are *not* in a Domain.
2. These are all "local" User Accounts.
3. These PC's are highly secured; no "cloud" accounts, "OneDrive" deinstalled/disabled (both in Win 10 and Office).
4. PC's are identical (hardware) and are being loaded from a master disk image. The only differences should be:
a. PC name
b. Windows Key #
c. MAC addresses
I'm setting up several User Accounts from a "prototype" Account, and would like to copy the user "settings" all all of them. "Settings" means
1. For Win 10 - Desktop configuration, Personalization, File Explorer options, File Sharing options (on a "base" Win 10 disk image).
2. For Office 20xx - All "settings" except for "Personalize your copy of MS Office" (on a "base" + MS Office 20xx disk image
3. For other software (on a "base" + MS Office 20xx + other, AKA "Full-load" disk image)
I'm assuming (a bad thing to do) that the needed info resides in:
1. The Registry in
a. HK Current User
b. HK Users
2. Each User's AppData
To do this, are there:
1. Copy/Paste from the Registry/AppData procedures
2. Commercial/Open Source tools
to do this?
The best way to do this is to install software and customize the default user profile in Audit Mode, then sysprep the image and deploy it. This procedure does everything you listed.
See this tutorial: Windows 10 Image - Customize in Audit Mode with Sysprep - Windows 10 Forums
My Windows 10 laptop has several shared drives (not folders).
They are shared with Everyone, Full Control, Password-Protected sharing is off.
I can't access them from my main PC, but I can access the Users\Public folder.
I have a large home office data store synched between devices using Offline Files and standard Windows user account based sharing and UAC. As a result, all userís personal data folders have a very specific naming system maintained for...
My name is Peter, and I'm IT Administrator at Junior High School. One month ago I installed Windows 10 Education on all computers. Everything was fine until today. Today users changed his passwords. Now, when user try to login to the...
Whenever I try to open most non-Microsoft programs and many Windows 10 features -- like System Restore, for example -- I get the 'User Account Control' pop-up with the "YES" button grayed out, dead, so it can't be clicked. Only the "NO" button in...
I need to create user with username "user" but Windows 10 won't let me.
I delete user folder in users folder and open:
Settings->Accounts->Family & other users->Add someone else to this PC->(click on link)The person I want to add doesn't habe...