Windows 10: Verify your identity on this pc, no code sent to e-mail? Solved

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    04 Oct 2014 #11

    I just wish it would remember that PC, even on a reinstall. Once you enter the code that PC is trusted and your fine until you reinstall Windows. Then you have to do it all over again. You shouldn't have to do that if you use the same computer name and its the same hardware. You can skip it during the install and then do it latter when you have your e-mail working. I've done that. I have several PC's so lately I just wait for the e-mail to show up on my other PC and then enter it during the install. I just reinstalled 8.1 on my desktop and still not getting the code e-mail. I got them in the past though. I'll be calling my ISP to see if they are blocking them as spam or something. It that's not the case I'll be contacting Microsoft. In any case, its not a Windows 10 issue. Or at least I don't think it is. Once I find out what happened to my e-mails I'll post back and mark this as solved.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 1,042
    Windows 7 Pro x64 Windows 10 Pro x64
       04 Oct 2014 #12

    No problems getting mine using my Verizon account.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 8,212
    Windows 10 Enterprise and Pro/Windows 7 Enterprise/Linux Mint
       05 Oct 2014 #13

    I'm not sure why, but I never had to get a code. I installed 10 Preview in VMware and 10 Enterprise as a clean install on another computer. Both times the verification was they gave just part of the email address the account is associated with, and I had to put the whole thing in, then it was fine.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4.    05 Oct 2014 #14

    essenbe said: View Post
    I'm not sure why, but I never had to get a code. I installed 10 Preview in VMware and 10 Enterprise as a clean install on another computer. Both times the verification was they gave just part of the email address the account is associated with, and I had to put the whole thing in, then it was fine.
    The way it works for me is on that screen it shows a partial for your e-mail address, then in the second box you type it in again to confirm it. When you click next it sends the code to that e-mail address and your asked to enter it on the next screen. At the bottom is a "I can't do this right now" option that lets you skip entering the code for the time being. Then latter on when you have your e-mail setup and working you can go to the action center and enter it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 1,042
    Windows 7 Pro x64 Windows 10 Pro x64
       05 Oct 2014 #15

    I was actually a little shocked when I opened my email on my W7 box, like 2 seconds later and the code was there.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    05 Oct 2014 #16

    Near the end of the initial install, I was asked to put in my MS Live account. This I did. T had previously chosen the option to get verification be Email, but the other choices, Email, or "I cant do this right now" were there. As soon as I filled in the last four digits of my cell phone, the verification code came immediately. Confirming, for security, that you are the user on the end of the verifcation, makes sense. This is the only time I have been asked to do this, unless I want to change any items in my live profile.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 1,380
    Windows 10 64 bit
       07 Oct 2014 #17

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    The way it works for me is on that screen it shows a partial for your e-mail address, then in the second box you type it in again to confirm it. When you click next it sends the code to that e-mail address and your asked to enter it on the next screen. At the bottom is a "I can't do this right now" option that lets you skip entering the code for the time being. Then latter on when you have your e-mail setup and working you can go to the action center and enter it.
    That was the way it went for me, I got my code but it had been sent to my junk folder for the email addy. Of course I picked the email up from my other computer so I could go back to this Notebook and input the code and carry on with the install.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 8,212
    Windows 10 Enterprise and Pro/Windows 7 Enterprise/Linux Mint
       08 Oct 2014 #18

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    The way it works for me is on that screen it shows a partial for your e-mail address, then in the second box you type it in again to confirm it. When you click next it sends the code to that e-mail address and your asked to enter it on the next screen. At the bottom is a "I can't do this right now" option that lets you skip entering the code for the time being. Then latter on when you have your e-mail setup and working you can go to the action center and enter it.
    I stand corrected. I did receive the code through email. you are correct.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9.    09 Oct 2014 #19

    Hi

    I kept trying to do the authentication thing for several days.
    I never received a code.

    It stayed in the Action Center, the little flag on the task bar.

    So every few hours I would try again, then on about the 20th time I tried a code came through and it worked.

    So for me just trying over and over eventually worked.

    Mike
    Last edited by MikeHawthorne; 09 Oct 2014 at 07:58.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    09 Oct 2014 #20

    I just gave it one more try on my desktop that is running 8.1 and it worked. I had installed Windows 10 on it but decided to go back to 8.1. I also tried it again on my laptop running 10 and it worked. That's a relief, I wasn't looking forward to calling my ISP to see if they blocked those e-mails. Press 1 for English, press 2 for ........ I guess I can mark this as solved.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Related Threads
Verify your email address in General Support
When I try to download any app, "I get the prompt "Verify your email address." I originally submitted an email address and password when I set up windows 10. Now, I am sent a link directing me to a website to verify my password. The password (which...
Verify Your Idenity on this PC in Installation and Upgrade
I have a clean install of the 9879 Enterprise Edition on a newly built PC. All things being told it is working pretty well. As the title suggests I cannot solve the issue of verifying my identity on this PC. I have received five codes and...
Windows 10: Security and Identity Protection for the Modern World Windows 10: Security and Identity Protection for the Modern World A Guy
Verify Your Identity. Problem ! in Installation and Upgrade
My W10 install has asked for verification of identity. No problem except that my recovery info (an email address) is out of date. Here is what has happened, 1/ W10 asks for verification. 2/ The yahoo account asked for doesn't now exist and so...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:31.
Find Us