Recurring Microsoft Account Problem (Fix)?


  1. Posts : 43
    Win 10 PRO 64 bit-Version 1909 (OS Build 18.363.592)
       #1

    Recurring Microsoft Account Problem (Fix)?


    Every since the last 202H Win Update- I get this Fix Notification every day-
    I Googled & they suggested to turn off Nearby Sharing (not there?)/ Share Across devices options-
    this didn't help?
      My Computer

  2. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 59,193
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
       #2

    Hello,

    Double check to make sure you verified your Microsoft account on the PC as a trusted device like below.

    Add or Remove Trusted Devices for Microsoft Account
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 43
    Win 10 PRO 64 bit-Version 1909 (OS Build 18.363.592)
    Thread Starter
       #3

    Brink said:
    Hello,

    Double check to make sure you verified your Microsoft account on the PC as a trusted device like below.

    Add or Remove Trusted Devices for Microsoft Account
    I've done this Verify,,, several times-
    Q?- When I 1st logged into my outlook.com (gmail.com too) accounts, I selected Not to save password, thinking it would be Better Security (?). Could this be my problem?

    Way back I tried to change my "very old" outlook.com PW to a more secure PW, but they asked me verification questions from 40 years ago (I didn't remember?)?
      My Computer

  4. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 59,193
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
       #4

    scottls59901 said:
    I've done this Verify,,, several times-
    Q?- When I 1st logged into my outlook.com (gmail.com too) accounts, I selected Not to save password, thinking it would be Better Security (?). Could this be my problem?

    Way back I tried to change my "very old" outlook.com PW to a more secure PW, but they asked me verification questions from 40 years ago (I didn't remember?)?
    Not saving the password wouldn't have affected verifying the PC as trusted.
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 43
    Win 10 PRO 64 bit-Version 1909 (OS Build 18.363.592)
    Thread Starter
       #5

    Brink said:
    Not saving the password wouldn't have affected verifying the PC as trusted.
    Finally got it to stop nagging me for a Fix (3 days)-
    1. Did a System Files Disk Cleanup (Restore Points too).
    2. Next Day- Opened/Closed the New MS Edge 4-times (My AV added a Proxy rule...).

    Hope it stays Gone?
      My Computer

  6. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 59,193
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
       #6

    Fingers crossed.
      My Computers



  7. Posts : 43
    Win 10 PRO 64 bit-Version 1909 (OS Build 18.363.592)
    Thread Starter
       #7

    Brink said:
    Fingers crossed.
    It came back, so I upgraded to 21H1- It asked once so far, and the blue ball didn't keep spinning? Hope it gets better after the 8/10 Win update?
      My Computer

  8. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 59,193
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
       #8

    Great news so far.
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:05.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums