Using Netplwiz on my new computer


  1. Posts : 541
    Windows 10 Build 1809
       #1

    Using Netplwiz on my new computer


    Windows 10 ver 20H2 Build 1904.1052

    On a new HP Pavillion 27 AIO, I am trying to use NetPlWiz to bypass the Sign in Screen. When I execute the command I get a window that does not contain the checkbox for ' Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.' Such a thing has always been there on a previous builds.

    How can I go about eliminating the sign in action in this case.

    Thank you very much.
      My Computer

  2. SteveEngland's Avatar
    Posts : 35
    Windows 10 - 21H1
       #2

    To regain the missing “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer” checkbox in later versions of Windows 10 without having to manually change ‘Registry’ settings, a simple and safe way is download Winaero Tweaker and use the Enable User Auto Login Checkbox option. Winareo will change the necessary settings in the Registry for you.

    Earlier versions of Winaero Tweaker don’t have this feature.

    Winaero Tweaker

      My Computer

  3. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 58,536
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
       #3

    Hello @JJG10,

    If you turned on Require Windows Hello sign-in for Microsoft accounts (aka: passwordless sign-in), you will not see the Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer check box.

    Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup

    You would just need to turn off this below.

    Enable or Disable Passwordless Sign-in for Microsoft Accounts
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 541
    Windows 10 Build 1809
    Thread Starter
       #4

    Thanks to both of you Steve and Brink.

    Now that I have that solved another related problem rears its head. Whenever I turn the machine on it boots to the lock screen and stays there until I tap on it. How can I get rid of it?


    SteveEngland said:
    To regain the missing “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer” checkbox in later versions of Windows 10 without having to manually change ‘Registry’ settings, a simple and safe way is download Winaero Tweaker and use the Enable User Auto Login Checkbox option. Winareo will change the necessary settings in the Registry for you.

    Earlier versions of Winaero Tweaker don’t have this feature.

    Winaero Tweaker

      My Computer

  5. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 58,536
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
       #5

    JJG10 said:
    Thanks to both of you Steve and Brink.

    Now that I have that solved another related problem rears its head. Whenever I turn the machine on it boots to the lock screen and stays there until I tap on it. How can I get rid of it?
    If you are wanting to automatically sign in to Windows, then you could use option 1 below.

    Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup

    If you're just wanting to disable the lock screen and see only the sign-in screen, then:

    Enable or Disable Lock Screen in Windows 10
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 541
    Windows 10 Build 1809
    Thread Starter
       #6

    Brink said:
    If you are wanting to automatically sign in to Windows, then you could use option 1 below.

    Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup

    If you're just wanting to disable the lock screen and see only the sign-in screen, then:

    Enable or Disable Lock Screen in Windows 10
    Thank you very much, Brink. Thar solved t he problem!
      My Computer

  7. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 58,536
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
       #7

      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:47.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums