Change Password Is Missing From Ctrl+Alt+Del Options  

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

  1. Posts : 30,403
    10 Home x64 (22H2) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #21

    ekplange said:
    Looks like there's so much more to Local Account and MS Account than I anticipated

    you should see Password in Settings for an MS account too - but NOT if you have enabled passwordless sign in. See the screenshots in this tutorial.


    Enabling passwordless sign-in will remove the password and picture password sign-in options for all Microsoft accounts on the sign-in screen and in Accounts > Sign-in options > Settings.

    Change Account Password in Windows 10 - Option Seven

    PS: Option Two in that tutorial confirms that Ctrl+Alt_Del 'Change a password' is only for changing the password of a local account.
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 8
    Windows 10 Pro 20H2
    Thread Starter
       #22

    Bree said:
    you should see Password in Settings for an MS account too - but NOT if you have enabled passwordless sign in. See the screenshots in this tutorial.

    Change Account Password in Windows 10 - Option Seven
    I see. Again, thanks.
    Well noted.


    So, just a quick question.
    What happens now?
    Do I mark this thread as Solved?
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 30,403
    10 Home x64 (22H2) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #23

    ekplange said:
    So, just a quick question.
    What happens now?
    Do I mark this thread as Solved?

    That's entirely up to you. I think we've got to the bottom of it, but it's your call. You can always come back and mark it 'Unsolved' if turning off passwordless sign-in doesn't help.

    Change Password Is Missing From Ctrl+Alt+Del Options-image.png
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 8
    Windows 10 Pro 20H2
    Thread Starter
       #24

    Bree said:
    That's entirely up to you. I think we've got to the bottom of it, but it's your call. You can always come back and mark it 'Unsolved' if turning off passwordless sign-in doesn't help.

    Change Password Is Missing From Ctrl+Alt+Del Options-image.png
    Great.
    I think I will for now.

    Looks to me, everything has been well elaborated and discussed for future referencing also.
    ��
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 30,403
    10 Home x64 (22H2) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #25

      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:22.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums