Admin Account Aking for Admin permissions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Posts : 15
    Windows 10
       #1

    Admin Account Aking for Admin permissions.


    Windows 10 20h2
    Im going nuts with this new level of protection.

    Turned the Uac to the lowest, still im having windows pooping all the time asking for permissions sometimes applications that cant do some actions unless im as admin or copying files to specific folders, its really annoying.

    For applications I can go to properties and add run this program as an administrator problem solved but for copying files i dont know how to stop the asking admin permissions.

    Any work around to solve this.
      My Computer

  2. Samuria's Avatar
    Posts : 6,706
    windows 10
       #2

    It nomally only asks if you going to folders owned by system or another user
      My Computer

  3. RickC's Avatar
    Posts : 907
    Windows 10 Pro (+ Windows 10 Home VMs for testing)
       #3

    Blame Microsoft for taking something so simple and making it really, really difficult for most people to get their heads around, i.e. Windows' security hierarchy and the difference between the Administrator and users with an account in the Administrators group.

    The first account created after the Out Of the Box Experience (OOBE) is automatically made a member of the Administrators group... but will often need temporary elevation to the Administrator, for example when installing new software.

    The most-privileged accounts are System and TrustedInstaller then, one step down the hierarchy, the Administrator. Further down the hierarchy yet again are accounts in the Administrators group.

    Hope this helps...
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 15
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #4

    so any chance of changing administrator permissions to became as close or equal to TrustedInstaller?.
      My Computer

  5. Ghot's Avatar
    Posts : 16,080
    Win 10 Home 10.0.19044.1469 (x64) [21H2]
       #5

    Carica said:
    so any chance of changing administrator permissions to became as close or equal to TrustedInstaller?.


    If you go to Settings > Accounts > Your Info and it says Local Account/Administrator... that's about as good as you can do, unless you log on to THE Administrators account.

    I'm no fan of the direction Microsoft has taken, BUT... I'd say 75% of the things that demand higher levels of access, probably shouldn't be messed with anyway.

    For things you absolutely need to do, but Windows 10 won't let you... there are work arounds.
    Most are here on Ten Forums, in the tutorials. Some require a Google or two.

    One thing many of us have found that helps a LOT, is Winaero Tweaker.
    Winaero Tweaker





    Admin Account Aking for Admin permissions.-0000-winaero.png





    Every tweak can be turned on or off with a check box.
    And every tweak has a link to a description of "How it's done".
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 15
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #6

    Thank you Ghot, i found a way its very simple if anyone like me wants this !@#! out of the way here is how.

    Run gpedit.msc

    Path:
    Windows Settings>Security Settings>Local Policies>Security Options

    Scroll to the end

    User Account Control: Admin Approval Mode for the Built-in Administrator account - Disable

    User Account Control: Run All Administrators in Admin Approval Mode - Disable

    thats it,

    thanks for all the help guys.
      My Computer

  7. Bree's Avatar
    Posts : 22,820
    10 Home x64 (21H2) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #7

    Carica said:
    User Account Control: Run All Administrators in Admin Approval Mode - Disable

    Good luck with that - it means that should you come across any malware that too will run in admin approval mode....
      My Computers

  8. Try3's Avatar
    Posts : 10,150
    Windows 10 Home x64 Version 21H2 Build 19044.1466
       #8

    Carica said:
    Im going nuts with this new level of protection.
    It is the same as it has been since Windows 7.

    RickC said:
    Blame Microsoft for taking something so simple and making it really, really difficult for most people to get their heads around, i.e. Windows' security hierarchy and the difference between the Administrator and users with an account in the Administrators group.
    RickC said:
    The most-privileged accounts are System and TrustedInstaller then, one step down the hierarchy, the Administrator. Further down the hierarchy yet again are accounts in the Administrators group.
    Ghot said:
    If you go to Settings > Accounts > Your Info and it says Local Account/Administrator... that's about as good as you can do, unless you log on to THE Administrators account.
    The Built-In Admin [that you both refer to as "the Administrator"] has no more capabilities than any Admin account with UAC turned off.
    The Built-In Admin is not in any sense 'above' Admin accounts that you create.
    The Built-In Admin is just an Admin account that happens to be created for you & that happens to bypass UAC by default.

    RickC said:
    The first account created after the Out Of the Box Experience (OOBE) is automatically made a member of the Administrators group... but will often need temporary elevation to the Administrator, for example when installing new software.
    No, that is not what happens. The dialog is used to invoke an Admin account's Admin 'token' and this has nothing to do with the Built-In Admin.

    Denis
      My Computer

  9. RickC's Avatar
    Posts : 907
    Windows 10 Pro (+ Windows 10 Home VMs for testing)
       #9

    Try3 - I was trying to keep it really simple for the OP and answer his/her question in a manner that was quickly understandable rather than deep-dive into resources and their ACL's... nothing more.

    Hence my attempt to differentiate between 'Admin' accounts - i.e. the built-in Administrator and members of the Administrators group - without even touching upon the possible unintended side effects of lowering UAC levels.
    Last edited by RickC; 13 Feb 2021 at 11:04.
      My Computer

  10. Try3's Avatar
    Posts : 10,150
    Windows 10 Home x64 Version 21H2 Build 19044.1466
       #10

    RickC said:
    Try3 - I was trying to keep it really simple for the OP and answer his/her question in a manner that was quickly understandable rather than deep-dive into resources and their ACL's... nothing more.
    Hence my attempt to differentiate between 'Admin' accounts - i.e. the built-in Administrator and members of the Administrators group - without even touching upon the possible unintended side effects of lowering UAC levels.
    Rick,

    But your statements were false.

    RickC said:
    Hence my attempt to differentiate between 'Admin' accounts - i.e. the built-in Administrator and members of the Administrators group
    There are no differences.

    Denis
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:16.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums