Two computers and cant get into one!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

  1. Posts : 645
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       #21

    toadstool said:
    Come to think of it I did enter in a PIN when I was signing up for XBOX as it prompted me to choose but it was my understanding it would be for XBOX login or so I thought it never said it would be for me to login to my machine! What is the difference between a PIN and Password?
    I do have a picture I took of my failed attempts to logon and it says wrong password so Im assuming I was under a password system I did not see any other choice for PIN though the eyes are not as good as they once were.
    Depending on if you have PIN or Password selected that is what you must enter. You can't enter a PIN when it says Password, and vice versa.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Two computers and cant get into one!-2015-08-17-14.11.25.jpg   Two computers and cant get into one!-2015-08-17-14.11.03.jpg  
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 13
    Windows 10
       #22

    halasz said:
    You can chose what is synched between devices. If you want to sync bookmarks and wallpaper but not apps for example you certainly can. You can't sync only certain apps though.

    Here is the tutorial for Windows 8/8.1 Sync Your Settings - Turn On or Off in Windows 8
    Thanks good to know I never installed 8 myself Im coming from 7, I wonder why they won't let you unsync
    apps separately as it is obvious they won't all work on certain machines/setups.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 13
    Windows 10
       #23

    Bobby Phoenix said:
    Depending on if you have PIN or Password selected that is what you must enter. You can't enter a PIN when it says Password, and vice versa.
    Aaah I see then I'm still confused as to what the difference/benefit is to having one over the other.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 645
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       #24

    toadstool said:
    Aaah I see then I'm still confused as to what the difference/benefit is to having one over the other.
    The difference is ease of access. If you have a password that is 18 characters along with numbers and symbols you can choose to create a PIN like 9713. Much easier to remember, and much quicker to sign in.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 30
    windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #25

    Bobby Phoenix said:
    The difference is ease of access. If you have a password that is 18 characters along with numbers and symbols you can choose to create a PIN like 9713. Much easier to remember, and much quicker to sign in.
    Ease of access is great using a PIN, however not so good for Security purposes....an 18 character password is far more secure.

    I'm thinking ahead now to when the 'retina' or 'fingerprint' password/security becomes the norm as this will certainly improve the security of the machine's access.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:34.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums