Sign In

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Posts : 52
    Win 10
       #1

    Sign In


    My computer [Win10] is on all day, and when I go to it give it a 'nudge' a beautiful picture comes up, I then click mouse and my name in circle with 'sign in' appears and I have to click on that to get to my screen, why??? can't I just 'nudge' and go to my screen? use to.
    Also every time I go to my browser [Firefox] Sign In-clipboard01.jpgSign In-clipboard01.jpgSign In-clipboard01.jpg sorry this looks like it is 3 times,
    click on 'default' a blue square comes up, don't know what to do in that,
    help needed again please
      My Computer

  2. Barman58's Avatar
    Posts : 3,931
    Windows 10 Pro x64 2004 - 19041 - 264 XP/Vista/Win7/Win8.1 in VM for testing
       #2

    the image posted shows that Firefox is asking you if you wish to use it as your default internet browser ...

    if you leave the "always perform this check....." this check will always be asked - it will stop asking if you uncheck the box

    if you click "Use Firefox ..." button after unchecking it will use Firefox by default for internet tasks and not ask - if you uncheck the box and click Not Now it will make no changes and also never ask again
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 52
    Win 10
    Thread Starter
       #3

    I always untick the box and click on use FF as default.
    do that every time.
      My Computer

  4. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 56,483
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 21364
       #4

    widgetwilk said:
    My computer [Win10] is on all day, and when I go to it give it a 'nudge' a beautiful picture comes up, I then click mouse and my name in circle with 'sign in' appears and I have to click on that to get to my screen, why??? can't I just 'nudge' and go to my screen? use to.

    Hello,

    You might see if turning off require sign-in on wakeup may sort this for you.

    Turn On or Off Require Sign-in on Wakeup in Windows 10
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 52
    Win 10
    Thread Starter
       #5

    Sorry have nothing like your tutorial,Sign In-clipboard011.jpg
      My Computer

  6. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 56,483
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 21364
       #6

    widgetwilk said:
    Sorry have nothing like your tutorial,
    Usually, the "Require sign-in" setting will be missing if your account doesn't have a password.

    If wanted, you can still set this using step 4 in option 3.
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 52
    Win 10
    Thread Starter
       #7

    Am so so sorry but step 4 looks way beyond me, thank you so much for trying.
      My Computer

  8. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 56,483
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 21364
       #8

    widgetwilk said:
    Am so so sorry but step 4 looks way beyond me, thank you so much for trying.
    That's ok.

    If wanted and have any questions, you would only be opening an elevated command prompt, copy and paste the commands in the step into the command prompt, and press Enter.
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 52
    Win 10
    Thread Starter
       #9

    At the moment I think I might be able to cope with that,
    but my main annoyance is getting FF as my default, every time I click the right box's the blue square come up and tried to look at that and find FF and try to set it as default, but it still does not work,
    Sorry to be a pain, with such 'little' annoying things
      My Computer

  10. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 56,483
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 21364
       #10

    widgetwilk said:
    At the moment I think I might be able to cope with that,
    but my main annoyance is getting FF as my default, every time I click the right box's the blue square come up and tried to look at that and find FF and try to set it as default, but it still does not work,
    Sorry to be a pain, with such 'little' annoying things
    Just to verify, is this a portable FF or is it installed?

    If installed, you might see if you may be able to set FF to be your default Web browser directly in Settings using option 3 below.

    Choose Default Apps in Windows 10
      My Computers


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:35.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums