User Profile Service Service failed! User profile cannot be loaded.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

  1. Posts : 117
    Windows 10 Home x64 vers. 2004
    Thread Starter
       #51

    Brink said:
    I'm afraid that I'm at a loss then other than to reset or reinstall Windows.
    I also attempted a Windows Reset and a Windows Auto-Repair, early on; both failed.

    My my sincere gratitude for your helpful guidance, well written tutorials, and time and effort for my issues.


    I have the DELL Win 8.0 OS on DVD and DELL OEM Driver DVD in hand. I wonder if I would face less risk of loosing my data files with the USB Win10 installation media? DELL calls it an OS Parallel Reinstallation, I think.
    I will think on this before going ahead.


    Also, does MS provide direct support to my Win10 upgrade issues?

    Regards,
    VinceB.

    P.S. This mess was most probably caused when I shut off the PC by use of the power switch; the PC was in sleep mode for long while, and I was seeing a totally dark/black monitor screen. May have done damage to area on HDD.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 35
    windows 8.1
       #52

    Hi VinceB! If you can enable the built-in administrator account at the Command Prompt, you should also be able to create a new admin account. Just type the following commands:
    Code:
    net user VinceB /add
    net localgroup administrators VinceB /add
    After restarting, you'll see the new account VinceB displayed on your Windows logon screen.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 117
    Windows 10 Home x64 vers. 2004
    Thread Starter
       #53

    joya said:
    Hi VinceB! If you can enable the built-in administrator account at the Command Prompt, you should also be able to create a new admin account. Just type the following commands:
    Code:
    net user VinceB /add
    net localgroup administrators VinceB /add
    After restarting, you'll see the new account VinceB displayed on your Windows logon screen.
    I will give that a try when I return home. However, I don't know if the new account will show at the Micrsoft sign on screen.

    THANKS!
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 35
    windows 8.1
       #54

    It seems that you had switched from local administrator account to a Microsoft account.
    The local administrator account will never be shown at the Windows logon screen until you switch back to local account again.
    But the other local accounts which is not linked/associated to a Microsoft account should be still available at the logon screen for you to login.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 117
    Windows 10 Home x64 vers. 2004
    Thread Starter
       #55

    joya said:
    It seems that you had switched from local administrator account to a Microsoft account.
    The local administrator account will never be shown at the Windows logon screen until you switch back to local account again.
    But the other local accounts which is not linked/associated to a Microsoft account should be still available at the logon screen for you to login.
    Seems that I am unclear about "Microsoft Account sign in screen" vs a "Windows sign in screen".

    At some point, I don't recall when, I did op in for a Microsoft Account; that was a mistake! So, whenever I boot the PC, I am being initially, shown the Microsoft Account sign in screen. In order to troubleshoot my issue of "User Profile Service service failed to load at sign in" , I believe that I must switch, if possible, to the local accounts, a.k.a. "Windows", sign in screen.

    I have been successful in adding a (Troubleshooter) local account using your suggested command code. "Troubleshooter" along with Administratot, DefaultAccount, and Guest, is included after entering NET USER at the command prompt.

    But, on restarting, I am again being shown only the Microsoft ACcount Sign In screen.

    I need to know how to switch back to the local account sign in screen to continue troubleshooting
    and/or repair efforts.


    Regards,
    VinceB.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 35
    windows 8.1
       #56

    Could you see the newly-created account (Troubleshooter) shown at the lower left corner of Windows login screen?
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 117
    Windows 10 Home x64 vers. 2004
    Thread Starter
       #57

    joya said:
    Could you see the newly-created account (Troubleshooter) shown at the lower left corner of Windows login screen?
    The Windows login screen is Not being displayed on my monitor screen.

    Can an someone provide an image or a link that shows this Windows login screen, please?

    BTW, I have Windows 10 installed via upgrade from Windows 8.1.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 35
    windows 8.1
       #58

    Here is a screenshot of Windows 10 login screen from tenforums:
    User Profile Service Service failed! User profile cannot be loaded.-26171d1438029241t-sign-screen-background-image-enable-disable-windows-10-solid_color_sign_in_s.jpg
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 117
    Windows 10 Home x64 vers. 2004
    Thread Starter
       #59

    joya said:
    Here is a screenshot of Windows 10 login screen from tenforums:
    User Profile Service Service failed! User profile cannot be loaded.-26171d1438029241t-sign-screen-background-image-enable-disable-windows-10-solid_color_sign_in_s.jpg

    well, now I know that the lower left corner has not ever shown any local account user names, before or after I did the upgrade to Win10!

    I still believe that I now have Administrator local account enabled, since I enabled it from command prompt line, but still local account usernames do not appear on screen here. I have never been shown any Signon Options either.

    I guess it is now time for me to go ahead and do the DELL "Parallel Re-Install" and hope for Success.

    My thanks to both for your time and effort in helping me.

    Regards,
    VinceB.
    Last edited by VinceB; 13 Oct 2015 at 12:14.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:06.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums