windows hello face problem...

  1. Steven Campoli's Avatar
    Posts : 1,226
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #1

    windows hello face problem...


    i have a webcam intergrated on my machine
    biometrics service running...

    windows hello face gives me this message:
    you do not have a camera on this device to use for windows hello face

    any ideas?
      My Computers

  2. Edwin's Avatar
    Posts : 17,064
    Windows 10
       #2

    Steven Campoli said:
    i have a webcam intergrated on my machine
    biometrics service running...

    windows hello face gives me this message:
    you do not have a camera on this device to use for windows hello face

    any ideas?
    List of Windows Hello supported Dell Laptops:

    windows hello face problem...-001295.png
      My Computer

  3. Steven Campoli's Avatar
    Posts : 1,226
    Windows 10 Pro x64
    Thread Starter
       #3

    I have a dell latitude 13 3330 and it’s not in list but what I don’t understand I have a webcam lol
      My Computers

  4. Edwin's Avatar
    Posts : 17,064
    Windows 10
       #4

    Steven Campoli said:
    I have a dell latitude 13 3330 and it’s not in list but what I don’t understand I have a webcam lol
    Some camera manufacturers have gotten on board with bio metrics, many have not!
      My Computer

  5. Steven Campoli's Avatar
    Posts : 1,226
    Windows 10 Pro x64
    Thread Starter
       #5

    Thanks Edwin I appreciate it... sounds so stupid though, u have a a webcam why not log in with it... anyways windows.... thanks again
      My Computers

  6. Bree's Avatar
    Posts : 18,694
    10 Home x64 (20H2) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #6

    Steven Campoli said:
    ...but what I don’t understand I have a webcam lol
    Yes, but not one with the capabilities required. You need one that can see infrared....

    Windows Hello face authentication utilizes a camera specially configured for near infrared (IR) imaging...
    Windows Hello face authentication | Microsoft Docs
      My Computers

  7. Steven Campoli's Avatar
    Posts : 1,226
    Windows 10 Pro x64
    Thread Starter
       #7

    A ok, didn’t know that, thanks :)
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 1
    WIN 10
       #8

    can anyone tell me why I don't see the "face" option in my WIndows Hello settings. I only see "fingerprint". I have an HP Envy x360 convertible 15m-cn0xxx. It has an IR camera.
    thanks!
      My Computer

  9. Bree's Avatar
    Posts : 18,694
    10 Home x64 (20H2) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #9

    nancyh said:
    can anyone tell me why I don't see the "face" option in my WIndows Hello settings. I only see "fingerprint". I have an HP Envy x360 convertible 15m-cn0xxx. It has an IR camera.
    thanks!
    Welcome to TenForums nancyh,

    There seems to be some uncertainty whether all version of that model supports facial recognition. This thread may help determine if it should be available on your particular PC...
    Windows Hello facial recognition not working HP Envyx360 - HP Support Community - 6832217
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:34.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums