Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    27 Sep 2017 #10
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Posts : 25,175
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 17040
    Thread Starter

    Good idea. Tutorial updated to have a top, middle, and bottom option for the context menu item.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    27 Sep 2017 #11
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    USA
    Posts : 1,570
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by f14tomcat View Post
    Good one, Shawn! I tweaked mine just a tad so I would not accidentally click it.
    Speaking of accidents, I had to remove the shortcut created from Kari's tutorial from the taskbar because I accidentally clicked it instead of another app I was going for. Lost a document I was working on but it wasn't nothing I couldn't easily recreate.

    Didn't help that I used a blue icon which blended in with all the other blue icons I have
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    27 Sep 2017 #12
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Posts : 25,175
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 17040
    Thread Starter

    Oops.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  4.    27 Sep 2017 #13
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    USA
    Posts : 1,570
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    @Brink.

    Yeah I wasn't happy with that one because I was in the middle of writing an extensive post here

    Speaking of which, do you have any thoughts on it. You can PM me.

    Thanks.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    27 Sep 2017 #14
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    A Finnish expat in Germany
    Posts : 12,941
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
    Speaking of accidents, I had to remove the shortcut created from Kari's tutorial from the taskbar because I accidentally clicked it instead of another app I was going for. Lost a document I was working on but it wasn't nothing I couldn't easily recreate.

    Didn't help that I used a blue icon which blended in with all the other blue icons I have
    How could that happen? If you create the shortcut as told in that other tutorial, it requires you to accept UAC prompt. Clicking NO, nothing happens.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    27 Sep 2017 #15
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 28,951
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    How could that happen? If you create the shortcut as told in that other tutorial, it requires you to accept UAC prompt. Clicking NO, nothing happens.
    Would depend on your level of UAC.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  7.    27 Sep 2017 #16
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 38,423
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by f14tomcat View Post
    Would depend on your level of UAC.
    Yup as I always have mine off ...
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  8.    27 Sep 2017 #17
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    A Finnish expat in Germany
    Posts : 12,941
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by f14tomcat View Post
    Would depend on your level of UAC.
    No, any other level than having it completely disabled shows the prompt in this case. Disabling UAC is never a good idea, this just another example on a long list of reasons.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    27 Sep 2017 #18
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 28,951
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    No, any other level than having it completely disabled shows the prompt in this case. Disabling UAC is never a good idea, this just another example on a long list of reasons.
    Just addressing the mechanics, Kari, as a possible reason. Not his personal settings. So I don't understand why you say No.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  10.    27 Sep 2017 #19
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    A Finnish expat in Germany
    Posts : 12,941
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by f14tomcat View Post
    Just addressing the mechanics, Kari, as a possible reason. Not his personal settings. So I don't understand why you say No.
    No was my comment to this:

    Quote Originally Posted by f14tomcat View Post
    Would depend on your level of UAC.
    It might be that we see differently what a level of UAC means. For me a level can only be selected when UAC is enabled, therefore UAC level has nothing to do with this; UAC prompt is always shown regardless of its level.

    There are no levels to choose when UAC is disabled, which is then completely another story.

    UAC enabled: prompt will be shown regardless the UAC level.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast


Similar Threads
Tutorial Category
General Tips Create Shortcut to Boot to UEFI Firmware Settings in Windows 10
Most computers have a specific key which when pressed when computer is started lets user to access UEFI (Firmware) settings. On laptop I'm using to write this, it's the ESC key. However, I quite often press the key too late missing the given...
Tutorials
Solved Cannot boot into UEFI BIOS or Boot Menu
Belarc reports UEFI: American Megatrends Inc. P11-B2 Operating System: Windows 10 Home (x64) Version 1511 (build 10586.494) Installed: 4/27/2016 5:58:22 AM Servicing Branch: Current Branch (CB) Boot Mode: UEFI with successful Secure Boot. ...
Performance & Maintenance
Solved UEFI bios enabled but no secure boot on windows 10?
So i had secure boot up and running on my windows 8.1 machine after a clean install, but now since microsoft upgraded me to windows 10 it seems as my secure boot is off again, but it's enabled in my bios is so weird, it's enabled in bios but off in...
General Support
Solved UEFI BIOS settings to prepare for Windows 10 Installation
Is it advisable to set the UEFI BIOS (Asus ROG Hero Maximus VI motherboard) to a factory default settings before installing Windows 10? Or should I at least set the memory "XMP" profile? Thanks!
Installation and Upgrade
Question about Windows 10 UEFI BIOS with Secure Boot
So, basically if we have a computer that doesn't have a UEFI BIOS with Secure Boot, then we can't upgrade to Windows 10? Am I right or wrong here?
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:59.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums