Sync Any Folder to OneDrive in Windows 10  

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 10
    Windows 10
       #80

    Correct. I have it in my OneDrive folder, but I want a copy in my C Drive. In other words, I would then have a copy, in sync, in both my desktop and my laptop and the folder would be kept in synce via OneDrive.

    How can I do this?

    Thanks,

    dgo47
      My Computer

  2. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 56,311
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 21359
    Thread Starter
       #81

    Dgo47 said:
    Correct. I have it in my OneDrive folder, but I want a copy in my C Drive. In other words, I would then have a copy, in sync, in both my desktop and my laptop and the folder would be kept in synce via OneDrive.

    How can I do this?

    Thanks,

    dgo47
    Reversing the paths for source like below should do the trick to create the folder on your C: drive.

    mklink /j "C:\Rotary" "C:\Users\user\OneDrive - RLS ,inc\Rotary"
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 10
    Windows 10
       #82

    Brink,

    Many thanks. That worked! All now is in sync.

    dgo47
      My Computer

  4. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 56,311
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 21359
    Thread Starter
       #83

    Dgo47 said:
    Brink,

    Many thanks. That worked! All now is in sync.

    dgo47
    You're most welcome.
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 10
    Windows 10 Pro x64 1803 build 17134.81
       #84

    Hi there! I'm having an issue where i can't add a network folder to OneDrive - i always get the error:
    "Local NTFS volumes are required to complete the operation."

    I tried to enable all options on Group Policy for Computer\System\Filesystem\Selectively allow the evaluation of a symbolic link but i always get that error.

    Also tried with a network mapped drive or with the full network path but same error!
    Ex.
    mklink /j "C:\Users\User\OneDrive\Test" "\\192.168.1.20\public\Test"
    mklink /j "C:\Users\User\OneDrive\Test" "P:\public\Test"

    Finally i tried LinkShellExtension app and it lets me create the Symbolic Links and junctions but OneDrive won't update the changes made to the local folder 😥

    Can someone help?
    Thanks!
      My Computer

  6. Stigg's Avatar
    Posts : 418
    Windows 10 Pro
       #85

    This tutorial didn't work for me with Windows 10 64-bit v2004.
    Do I have to restart?

    This is the command I used.
    mklink /j "%UserProfile%\OneDrive\My Music" "D:\Music"

    I couldn't use Music because it said it already existed, so I used My Music, and it went through without an error, but it still doesn't work.
    Last edited by Stigg; 09 Jun 2020 at 23:25.
      My Computer

  7. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 56,311
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 21359
    Thread Starter
       #86

    Stigg said:
    This tutorial didn't work for me with Windows 10 64-bit v2004.
    Do I have to restart?

    This is the command I used.
    mklink /j "%UserProfile%\OneDrive\My Music" "D:\Music"

    I couldn't use Music because it said it already existed, so I used My Music, and it went through without an error, but it still doesn't work.
    Hello Stigg,

    The folder you specify in your OneDrive folder must not already exist in the OneDrive folder. It will get created in the OneDrive folder.

    The command you you used for a "My Music" folder should still work for you though. Does this "My Music" folder in your OneDrive folder have a shortcut arrow on the bottom left corner of its icon indicating it is linked?
      My Computers

  8. Stigg's Avatar
    Posts : 418
    Windows 10 Pro
       #87

    Hi Brink...
    I don't have a My Music folder.

    I'll explain further.
    I originally had my OneDrive folder sitting in the root of D drive. My backup drive.
    It has been working all the time.

    But I have a D:\Music folder that I would also like to add to it.
    I want to backup all my music in the D:\Music folder and sub-folders to OneDrive as I have a Terabyte of storage as part of Microsoft 365. So, I want to get some value out of OneDrive.

    Maybe I'm doing it all wrong. OneDrive seems to be very restrictive.
      My Computer

  9. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 56,311
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 21359
    Thread Starter
       #88

    Stigg said:
    Hi Brink...
    I don't have a My Music folder.

    I'll explain further.
    I originally had my OneDrive folder sitting in the root of D drive. My backup drive.
    It has been working all the time.

    But I have a D:\Music folder that I would also like to add to it.
    I want to backup all my music in the D:\Music folder and sub-folders to OneDrive as I have a Terabyte of storage as part of Microsoft 365. So, I want to get some value out of OneDrive.

    Maybe I'm doing it all wrong. OneDrive seems to be very restrictive.
    You might test with a different folder name (ex: "Music files") in case it may still be getting seen as the "Music" folder instead.
      My Computers

  10. Stigg's Avatar
    Posts : 418
    Windows 10 Pro
       #89

    It has made a folder here:
    C:\Users\%username%\OneDrive\Music Files

    And a shortcut here:
    C:\Users\%username%\OneDrive


    How do I see what folders are now synced?
    If I go to the OneDrive settings > Choose Folders, it only displays the standard folders.

    - - - Updated - - -

    So, basically I am going to have a duplicate set of files on my C drive. Is that right?
    I would rather not have my C drive fill up with music.
      My Computer


 
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Tutorial Categories

Sync Any Folder to OneDrive in Windows 10 Tutorial Index Network & Sharing Instalation and Upgrade Browsers and Email General Tips Gaming Customization Apps and Features Virtualization BSOD System Security User Accounts Hardware and Drivers Updates and Activation Backup and Restore Performance and Maintenance Mixed Reality Phone


  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:30.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums