Sync Any Folder to OneDrive in Windows 10  

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

  1. Posts : 2
    Windows
       #150

    OneDrive Bully


    Hi Everyone,

    Seems like you are having the same issues I had a few years back.

    Don't know if you have checked my solution to this issue yet, but I believe would worth your time, it is open source and free here:

    GitHub - ktheod/OneDriveBully: Bully your OneDrive to sync Symbolic Link Folders

    Essentially it is an app that provides you a nice GUI based symbolic link creation and periodically "bully"/trick OneDrive to scan and sync changes in all symlinked folders by renaming an empty file in the root folder of OneDrive.

    Thanks,
    cafeine
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 144
    Windows 10 Pro
       #151

    Thanks for the tip Cafeine. I gave it a try and it works great! OneDrive Bully......love it!!!
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 2
    Windows
       #152

    garyb0125 said:
    Thanks for the tip Cafeine. I gave it a try and it works great! OneDrive Bully......love it!!!
    Great! glad you found it useful. Thanks
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 3
    Windows 10
       #153

    Hi Brink

    I have managed to symlink my folder with work files in it and I share this folder with my boss from my personal OneDrive. Can we use the reverse method on his PC/Desktop Windows 10 to sync the folders and files? Are there restrictions or other steps that would be required for a shared folder to symlink? Hope that makes sense.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 64,588
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #154

    DeeCeeWP said:
    Hi Brink

    I have managed to symlink my folder with work files in it and I share this folder with my boss from my personal OneDrive. Can we use the reverse method on his PC/Desktop Windows 10 to sync the folders and files? Are there restrictions or other steps that would be required for a shared folder to symlink? Hope that makes sense.
    Hello Dee, and welcome to Ten Forums.

    Since it's a share from your OneDrive, your boss may only be able to create a shortcut using the share link instead.

    Share OneDrive Files and Folders
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 3
    Windows 10
       #155

    Brink said:
    Hello Dee, and welcome to Ten Forums.

    Since it's a share from your OneDrive, your boss may only be able to create a shortcut using the share link instead.

    Share OneDrive Files and Folders
    Hi Brink

    Thanks for the quick reply. That's what I was afraid of. I am already sharing my folder with him, which he is finding difficult as he expects to have the files in a certain location.

    As I am unable to do what I thought I might be able to, I think what I'll need to do is get him to symlink his folder on his OneDrive and enable him to keep it in situ where he is comfortable working with it. He can duplicate this on his home machine, then I'll get him to share with me and I can work with the shared folder as a shortcut.

    I got very excited when I found this thread and thought I may have solved all my problems, of a four-way machine share, but at least I can solve most.

    I have to add, this is Awesome Work and throughout the thread, you have been very helpful. Thank you.

    Kind regards

    Dee
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 64,588
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #156

    DeeCeeWP said:
    Hi Brink

    Thanks for the quick reply. That's what I was afraid of. I am already sharing my folder with him, which he is finding difficult as he expects to have the files in a certain location.

    As I am unable to do what I thought I might be able to, I think what I'll need to do is get him to symlink his folder on his OneDrive and enable him to keep it in situ where he is comfortable working with it. He can duplicate this on his home machine, then I'll get him to share with me and I can work with the shared folder as a shortcut.

    I got very excited when I found this thread and thought I may have solved all my problems, of a four-way machine share, but at least I can solve most.

    I have to add, this is Awesome Work and throughout the thread, you have been very helpful. Thank you.

    Kind regards

    Dee
    Another thought is to set up a OneDrive account for the office that everyone can use. This way you can copy files from a personal OneDrive or computer to the Office OneDrive.

    OneDrive on the computer will allow you to be signed in to more than one account at the same time, so each person can be signed in to their personal OneDrive and the Office OneDrive.
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 3
    Windows 10
       #157

    Brink said:
    Another thought is to set up a OneDrive account for the office that everyone can use. This way you can copy files from a personal OneDrive or computer to the Office OneDrive.

    OneDrive on the computer will allow you to be signed in to more than one account at the same time, so each person can be signed in to their personal OneDrive and the Office OneDrive.
    Hi Brink

    Thanks for that thought. I have literally been looking into this as an afterthought myself. Great mines and all that.

    I will feedback on how it goes for the benefit of anyone else who is trying to do the same.

    Thanks again.

    Dee
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 5,320
    Windows 11 Home
       #158

    Do file versions backup for free or are they included within the storage limit?
    Onedrive stores 25 versions, lets say I have 5 GB file, do I get 125GB backups?
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 64,588
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #159

    TairikuOkami said:
    Do file versions backup for free or are they included within the storage limit?
    Onedrive stores 25 versions, lets say I have 5 GB file, do I get 125GB backups?
    Hello,

    Everything saved to your online OneDrive will be part of your storage limit.
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:58.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums