Page 10 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
  1.    17 Aug 2015 #90
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts : 2,491
    MS Windows 10 Pro - Perm Activation of 10585

    Fredc: I have download it about 3 times, and it only takes about one hour and 10 minutes for my desktop to make the ISO file and then check it.

    Quote Originally Posted by fredc View Post
    Tell me about it Misty lol, i have a very slow connection as well , seems it takes years . The ISO typically takes between 6 to 7 hours for me.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    17 Aug 2015 #91
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Netherlands
    Posts : 5
    windows 10

    I thought my connection was very fast I can download a movie in half an hour! my iso took 8 hours to complete, and I still dont know if it has worked properly.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    17 Aug 2015 #92

    Quote Originally Posted by acmanten View Post
    Fredc: I have download it about 3 times, and it only takes about one hour and 10 minutes for my desktop to make the ISO file and then check it.

    Thanks Acmanten , i feel a lot better now .
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    17 Aug 2015 #93
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Posts : 26,581
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 17074
    Thread Starter

    Misty,

    The easiest way to test an ISO is to see if it will mount or not. If it does, then it should be fine.

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    17 Aug 2015 #94

    Quote Originally Posted by misty View Post
    I thought my connection was very fast I can download a movie in half an hour! my iso took 8 hours to complete, and I still dont know if it has worked properly.
    Thats the worst part because if it didn't do it properly might as well take a vacation and when you get back it should be almost done.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    17 Aug 2015 #95
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Netherlands
    Posts : 5
    windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by fredc View Post
    Thats the worst part because if it didn't do it properly might as well take a vacation and when you get back it should be almost done.
    Lol I am now downloading it on my MAC and it should be ready in an hour! I have a dual boot so cannot understand why the windows part of it takes so long, it is after all the same machine and same internet connections? it has me baffled, and now the problem of not being able to log into one of my networks, hate this windows 10 already
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    17 Aug 2015 #96

    Quote Originally Posted by misty View Post
    Lol I am now downloading it on my MAC and it should be ready in an hour! I have a dual boot so cannot understand why the windows part of it takes so long, it is after all the same machine and same internet connections? it has me baffled, and now the problem of not being able to log into one of my networks, hate this windows 10 already

    Whatever works i suppose but getting it on to your system in a timely manner shouldn't be a major headache , thats just a bad sign for things to come .

    I suffer enough with computer stuff , having to wait hours before i can actually log in and get pissed off all over again is just BS to me.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    17 Aug 2015 #97
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 123
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit

    What is the best/easiest option for making the ISO - on a DVD or a USB? This is so that I can do a disc format and clean install in the future. Is one option better than the other or does it really not matter? I just don't want to be caught with the USB not loading because the formatted system has no USB driver for example.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    17 Aug 2015 #98
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Netherlands
    Posts : 5
    windows 10

    I use power iso PowerISO - Create, Burn, Mount, Edit, Compress, Encrypt, Split, Extract ISO file, ISO/BIN converter, Virtual Drive download the 32 or 64 bit version and you can use it for free once downloaded and burn it onto a dvd, go into the bios before you install to start up from your dvd, then follow the instructions. I only use the USB installer with my Mac as that doesnt have a dvd player. I am rolling back to windows 7, too many problems with windows 10 especially with the network sharing.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    17 Aug 2015 #99
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Posts : 26,581
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 17074
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by GregH View Post
    What is the best/easiest option for making the ISO - on a DVD or a USB? This is so that I can do a disc format and clean install in the future. Is one option better than the other or does it really not matter? I just don't want to be caught with the USB not loading because the formatted system has no USB driver for example.
    Hello Greg,

    These are some good options below.

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 
Page 10 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Tutorial Category
Windows 10 download
Is windows 10 supposed to download on computers that signed up through that notification thing before the 29th? I ask this because since yesterday i have lost 10Gb of hard drive space and i have not download a thing
General Support
Solved Cannot manually download updates from download.microsoft.com
So, I have both windows 7 and windows 10 installed on two computers. (Total of four operating systems) And I need to download User-Mode Driver Framework version 1.11 update for Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008 R2, but when I click 'Click here' and...
Windows Updates and Activation
Unable to download windows 10 ISO
Hi, I am having this problem which drives me crazy for the last three days. Every time I download the technical preview, the sha1 of the downloaded ISO file is not the same as the one they provide at the download page. More than that, when I try to...
Installation and Upgrade
Windows 7 usb/dvd Download Tool
Thanks for this forum. I am trying to create a bootable dvd in preparation for the test install of Windows 10. I am running Windows 7 pro 64-bit with all the updates. Not sure if the image worked. Here is the window I get when I run the...
Software and Apps
Staged Windows 9 Download Site
Does this article from NeoWin appear to sound legit? It cites that a staged download page was accidentally put online, but hastily removed. If it's correct, it appears that a 32-bit build will be available. Windows Technical Preview weighs in...
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:45.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums