Add Protected Folders to Controlled Folder Access in Windows 10  

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
  1. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 57,690
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 21390
    Thread Starter
       #120

    rdwray said:
    BTW: I get the IT administrator has blocked access to the Ransomware page.
    Double check to make sure you didn't disable the Hide the Ransomware data recovery area policy below.

    Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows components\Windows Security\Virus and threat protection
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 685
    Windows 10 20H2
       #121

    Brink said:
    Double check to make sure you didn't disable the Hide the Ransomware data recovery area policy below.

    Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows components\Windows Security\Virus and threat protection
    No on the disable Ransomware data recovery area, but what I did find is that Avast had me blocked until I uninstalled it. Now that I have access to Controlled folder access is greyed out and is on (not Off) and I did reboot after running Disable_Controlled_Folder_Access.reg.
      My Computer

  3. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 57,690
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 21390
    Thread Starter
       #122

    rdwray said:
    No on the disable Ransomware data recovery area, but what I did find is that Avast had me blocked until I uninstalled it. Now that I have access to Controlled folder access is greyed out and is on (not Off) and I did reboot after running Disable_Controlled_Folder_Access.reg.
    When Controlled folder access is greyed out, it's disabled.
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 685
    Windows 10 20H2
       #123

    Brink said:
    When Controlled folder access is greyed out, it's disabled.
    Alright, that suits me....
      My Computer

  5. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 57,690
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 21390
    Thread Starter
       #124

    rdwray said:
    Alright, that suits me....
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 1,284
    10 Pro retail 1909
       #125

    controlled folder access


    rdwray said:
    Alright, that suits me....
    IMHO, controlled folder access on is my choice. I can disable it if I need to but having it on is worth the protection.
    I use Defender with MBAM free as a stand alone and Emsisoft in a flash drive to get a third opinion.

    >>I find using Defender that there are fewer conflicts as one may find with some 3rd party A/V apps.
    With Defender as the primary, MBAM as the secondary and a 3rd stand alone I feel, using common sense, you are protected with minimal incompatibility. IMHO some 3rd parties cause these incompatibilities.
    Last edited by maranna; 3 Weeks Ago at 14:42. Reason: information
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 685
    Windows 10 20H2
       #126

    maranna said:
    IMHO, controlled folder access on is my choice. I can disable it if I need to but having it on is worth the protection.
    I use Defender with MBAM free as a stand alone and Emsisoft in a flash drive to get a third opinion.
    I had no idea that it even existed until I couldn't save an Excel file; as for protection, have to be extremely careful even with antivirus.
      My Computer


 
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Tutorial Categories

Add Protected Folders to Controlled Folder Access in Windows 10 Tutorial Index Network & Sharing Instalation and Upgrade Browsers and Email General Tips Gaming Customization Apps and Features Virtualization BSOD System Security User Accounts Hardware and Drivers Updates and Activation Backup and Restore Performance and Maintenance Mixed Reality Phone


  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:30.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums