Restore Default Location of Game DVR Captures Folder in Windows 10  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 59,458
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #10

    ElerdJR said:
    I have the same problem as Jake but option 2 didn't work. The command prompt opened up and said successful but it is still saving in the Temp folder.
    Hello Elerd, and welcome to Ten Forums

    Is the Videos folder still at the default location, or was it moved?

    Did option 2 create a Captures folder for you? If so, are you able to use option 1 to point to this Captures folder?
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 2
    Windows 10
       #11

    Brink said:
    Hello Elerd, and welcome to Ten Forums

    Is the Videos folder still at the default location, or was it moved?

    Did option 2 create a Captures folder for you? If so, are you able to use option 1 to point to this Captures folder?
    No i mistakenly moved the videos folder in attempt to solve the problem. Option 2 did not create a captures folder.
      My Computer

  3. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 59,458
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #12

    ElerdJR said:
    No i mistakenly moved the videos folder in attempt to solve the problem. Option 2 did not create a captures folder.
    Have you been able to restore the default location of the Videos folder first?

    Restore Default Location of Personal Folders in Windows 10
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 1
    Windows10
       #13

    I know this is a little old but I may have a helpful suggestion for those of us using a domain with folder redirection turned on. My capture folder was listed in /local/temp like other users and the batch file wouldn't work because the video folder isn't simply in %%USERPROFILE%% anymore. I had to replace the address with the full server location of the redirected folder.

    So I edited your batch file to look like the below and that worked perfectly for me. Thank you so much for the code.

    Code:
    @echo off 
    
    :: Created by: Shawn Brink
    :: Created on: September 7, 2020
    :: Tutorial: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/87525-restore-default-location-game-dvr-captures-folder-windows-10-a.html
    
    
    taskkill /f /im explorer.exe
    
    timeout /t 2 /nobreak >nul
    
    if not exist "\\HOMESERVER2016\Folder Redirection\workstation\Videos\Captures" mkdir "\\HOMESERVER2016\Folder Redirection\workstation\Videos\Captures"
    
    reg add "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders" /v "{EDC0FE71-98D8-4F4A-B920-C8DC133CB165}" /t REG_EXPAND_SZ /d "\\HOMESERVER2016\Folder Redirection\workstation\Videos\Captures" /f
    
    attrib +r -s -h "\\HOMESERVER2016\Folder Redirection\workstation\Videos\Captures" /S /D
    
    timeout /t 1 /nobreak >nul
    
    start explorer.exe
      My Computer

  5. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 59,458
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #14

    moosejaw50 said:
    I know this is a little old but I may have a helpful suggestion for those of us using a domain with folder redirection turned on. My capture folder was listed in /local/temp like other users and the batch file wouldn't work because the video folder isn't simply in %%USERPROFILE%% anymore. I had to replace the address with the full server location of the redirected folder.

    So I edited your batch file to look like the below and that worked perfectly for me. Thank you so much for the code.
    Hello moosejaw50, and welcome to Ten Forums.

    I'm glad it could help, and thank you for sharing what worked for you.
      My Computers

  6. catspyjamas's Avatar
    Posts : 112
    Windows 10 Pro
       #15

    Brink said:
    Hello @JakeReindl,

    I have added option 2 to the tutorial that will hopefully fix this for you.
    Hi Shawn, I had exactly the same issue as Jake. I must have accidentally deleted the captures folder at some point. Option Two in your tutorial worked beautifully! Thanks so much!! *sends a large virtual cake*
      My Computers

  7. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 59,458
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #16

    catspyjamas said:
    Hi Shawn, I had exactly the same issue as Jake. I must have accidentally deleted the captures folder at some point. Option Two in your tutorial worked beautifully! Thanks so much!! *sends a large virtual cake*
    Restore Default Location of Game DVR Captures Folder in Windows 10-cake-eating-smiley.gif
      My Computers



 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tutorial Categories

Restore Default Location of Game DVR Captures Folder in Windows 10 Tutorial Index Network & Sharing Instalation and Upgrade Browsers and Email General Tips Gaming Customization Apps and Features Virtualization BSOD System Security User Accounts Hardware and Drivers Updates and Activation Backup and Restore Performance and Maintenance Mixed Reality Phone


  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:50.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums