Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    24 Jul 2017 #10
    Join Date : Oct 2016
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts : 439
    Win10 Home x64 - 1709

    Figure that was the case and that sucks ... I like the new features.
    Thanks
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    24 Jul 2017 #11
    Join Date : Jan 2017
    Turku
    Posts : 1,779
    Windows 10 Pro IP Build 16299.19 (Branch: RS3 Release)

    Not long to wait until build16xxx-series Windows 10 gets officially released. I find the latest Insider build quite stable and very useful. Has it's small glitches still though, so I suggest you patiently wait until all annoyances are fixed.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    03 Oct 2017 #12
    Join Date : Oct 2016
    Posts : 8
    W10Pro64_1607

    well I testing build 16299.15 which is probably RTM and OneDrive (v. 17.3.6998) missing this feature also
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    03 Oct 2017 #13
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Posts : 25,194
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 17040
    Thread Starter

    Hello AnimaliX,

    The Files-On-Demand feature is still available for me in build 16299.15. I have OneDrive version 2017 (build 17.3.7010.0912).

    You might see if installing the OneDrive client linked in the green info box at the top of the tutorial may help.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    04 Oct 2017 #14
    Join Date : Oct 2016
    Posts : 8
    W10Pro64_1607

    "green box" link referring to version 17.3.6963 ...
    Last edited by AnimaliX; 04 Oct 2017 at 05:31.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    04 Oct 2017 #15
    Join Date : Jan 2017
    Turku
    Posts : 1,779
    Windows 10 Pro IP Build 16299.19 (Branch: RS3 Release)

    Quote Originally Posted by AnimaliX View Post
    "green box" link referring to version 17.3.6963 ... its older than is on W10 Creators update (1703)
    Once you have logged in with OneDrive to your MS-account, it should soon auto update to latest version. Be patient, it could take a while before that happens. You might also need to reboot your computer before the changes takes effect.

    I have currently same version (latest) on both my laptops (check further details from my profile). On my Insider machine, Files on Demand works as expected. On Creators Update machine, this feature is not available since Windows lacks support for this.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  7.    04 Oct 2017 #16
    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 5,900
    Windows10

    Quote Originally Posted by AnimaliX View Post
    well I testing build 16299.15 which is probably RTM and OneDrive (v. 17.3.6998) missing this feature also
    Yeah - I clean installed after creating iso, and it installed old version of files on demand. To get new version do this.

    1) install Revo Uninstaller, and use it to uninstall onedrive, doing full deep scan, deleting everything.

    2) Make sure you are joined to Insider Program as it seems FOD is still not available to Non Insiders.

    3) go to online onedrive website, click on link in bottom left to install onedrive apps.

    4) click on link to install onedrive

    It will now install new version with FOD.

    5) optional - leave Insider Programme.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    04 Oct 2017 #17
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Posts : 25,194
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 17040
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by AnimaliX View Post
    "green box" link referring to version 17.3.6963 ...
    Just to verify, if you are not currently signed in to OneDrive with your Microsoft account, the Files On-Demand settings will not be available.

      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    04 Oct 2017 #18
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Posts : 1,391
    Windows 10 Pro (32-bit) 16299.15

    Quote Originally Posted by cereberus View Post
    Yeah - I clean installed after creating iso, and it installed old version of files on demand. To get new version do this.

    1) install Revo Uninstaller, and use it to uninstall onedrive, doing full deep scan, deleting everything.

    2) Make sure you are joined to Insider Program as it seems FOD is still not available to Non Insiders.

    3) go to online onedrive website, click on link in bottom left to install onedrive apps.

    4) click on link to install onedrive

    It will now install new version with FOD.

    5) optional - leave Insider Programme.
    I clean-installed my VM from 16296 ISO, and was logged in with an MS Account, joined Fast ring, and let it update to 16299.15.
    (Running UUP-to-ISO along the way to get an ISO, which was the purpose of the exercise, but I've not used that ISO for anything yet.)

    I perhaps didn't linger long enough in 16296 for it to update OneDrive to the latest version.

    This VM is still showing as an Insider Fast ring, but no Files on Demand.
    So perhaps the fix is more complicated than being logged in as an Insider?

    Edit: Onedrive reports itself as 17.03.6816.0313, even though there is a folder in:
    C:\Users\{Username}\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive called "17.3.6998.0830"
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    04 Oct 2017 #19
    Join Date : Jan 2017
    Turku
    Posts : 1,779
    Windows 10 Pro IP Build 16299.19 (Branch: RS3 Release)

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidY View Post
    I clean-installed my VM from 16296 ISO, and was logged in with an MS Account, joined Fast ring, and let it update to 16299.15.
    (Running UUP-to-ISO along the way to get an ISO, which was the purpose of the exercise, but I've not used that ISO for anything yet.)

    I perhaps didn't linger long enough in 16296 for it to update OneDrive to the latest version.

    This VM is still showing as an Insider Fast ring, but no Files on Demand.
    So perhaps the fix is more complicated than being logged in as an Insider?

    Edit: Onedrive reports itself as 17.03.6816.0313, even though there is a folder in:
    C:\Users\{Username}\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive called "17.3.6998.0830"
    Yes it has downloaded an update. Reboot and it should start by default. If not then manually install that one from the location you found.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast


Similar Threads
Tutorial Category
Apps & Features Turn On or Off Run OneDrive at Startup in Windows 10
How to Turn On or Off Start OneDrive Automatically when you Sign in to Windows 10 OneDrive is a cloud-based storage service where you can view, browse, upload, and share the files you saved online to OneDrive. By default, OneDrive is set to...
Tutorials
Apps & Features Turn On or Off OneDrive Fetch Files in Windows 10
How to Turn On or Off OneDrive Fetch Files on your PC in Windows 10 OneDrive is a cloud-based storage service where you can view, browse, upload, and share the files you saved online to OneDrive. The OneDrive Fetch files feature allows you...
Tutorials
Insider OneDrive Files On-Demand now available for Windows Insiders
874659250336919552 Source: OneDrive Files On-Demand now available for Windows Insiders - Windows Experience Blog How to Turn On or Off OneDrive Files On-Demand in Windows 10
Windows 10 News
Introducing OneDrive Files On-Demand and other features
Source: Introducing OneDrive Files On-Demand and other features making it easy to access files - Office Blogs
Windows 10 News
Apps & Features Turn On or Off OneDrive Notifications for Shared Files in Windows 10
How to Turn On or Off Notifications for OneDrive Shared Files in Windows 10 You can use OneDrive to share photos, Microsoft Office documents, other files, and entire folders with people. You can stop sharing an item, or change the permissions...
Tutorials
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:54.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums