Windows 10: Re-register Store app in Windows 10  

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 20,847
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 16199
    Thread Starter
       11 Aug 2015 #40

    shobuddy said: View Post
    I uninstalled all apps including store. When I run the bat, I get the error shown above in post #35. When I run the command from powershell, I get this error.
    That would be why then, and you would also need to refresh Windows 10.

    Refresh Windows 10
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    11 Aug 2015 #41

    shobuddy said: View Post
    I uninstalled all apps including store. When I run the bat, I get the error shown above in post #35. When I run the command from powershell, I get this error.Attachment 30638
    That looks like the error message I got when I simply copying and pasting the command into powershell.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    11 Aug 2015 #42

    Brink said: View Post
    In that case, you may need to refresh Windows to restore it. Refresh Windows 10
    I will test that when I am at work tomorrow, At least it looks like it will keep the user profile in place and just fools with the system profile.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    12 Aug 2015 #43

    coderwolf said: View Post
    I will test that when I am at work tomorrow, At least it looks like it will keep the user profile in place and just fools with the system profile.
    I keep getting the error message "There was a problem resetting your PC". Are there any troubleshooting guides to this process?
    Name:  2015-08-12 09_13_12-Failed reset.png
Views: 1035
Size:  19.2 KB
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    12 Aug 2015 #44

    Brink said: View Post
    That would be why then, and you would also need to refresh Windows 10.

    Refresh Windows 10
    Thanks for your help, Brink. I ended up doing a clean install and am rolling again.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 20,847
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 16199
    Thread Starter
       12 Aug 2015 #45

    coderwolf said: View Post
    I keep getting the error message "There was a problem resetting your PC". Are there any troubleshooting guides to this process?
    I'm afraid nothing other than having to do a clean install instead.

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...n-install.html
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 20,847
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 16199
    Thread Starter
       12 Aug 2015 #46

    shobuddy said: View Post
    Thanks for your help, Brink. I ended up doing a clean install and am rolling again.
    I hope this installation will run smoother for you.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8.    12 Aug 2015 #47

    Brink said: View Post
    I'm afraid nothing other than having to do a clean install instead.

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...n-install.html

    There is no technet type article that breaks down troubleshooting on the reset process? (Hoping I dont have to wait for another Mark Russinovich book for that kind of detail.) Besides, the way MS does things they may leave a lot of consumers in a bind if there is no way around this kind of thing.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 20,847
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 16199
    Thread Starter
       12 Aug 2015 #48

    coderwolf said: View Post
    There is no technet type article that breaks down troubleshooting on the reset process? (Hoping I dont have to wait for another Mark Russinovich book for that kind of detail.) Besides, the way MS does things they may leave a lot of consumers in a bind if there is no way around this kind of thing.
    This type of issue is a perfect reason for keeping updated backups and images.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  10.    12 Aug 2015 #49

    Brink said: View Post
    This type of issue is a perfect reason for keeping updated backups and images.
    Agreed and it is no big deal for me because this is a test machine. Nothing of any production value on it. But this combined with production machines is also a good argument for powershell dsc. (There have been many times in the past I have seen bare-metal MS restores not work well.)

    edit:spelling
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Performance & Maintenance Reinstall and Re-register Apps in Windows 10 in Tutorials
How to Reinstall and Re-register All Built-in Windows Apps in Windows 10 This tutorial will show you how to reinstall and re-register all built-in Windows apps for your user account or all user accounts in Windows 10. If a Windows app is...
I've seen a couple of comments saying you can't register as an Insider, but I just wanted to say I've done it today and it still works, just in case it helps someone. What you can't do (well not officially; I imagine there are workarounds) is...
My PC email and my Xbox email are different and I don't want to make a whole new account on my PC for this to work. I'm on build 10240. Sorry if this a confusing lol. So when I go to the store on my pc and download one of the games that say Xbox...
Source: TechNet Blogs
Source...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:46.
Find Us