How to Remove PIN from your Windows 10 Mobile Phone
InformationYou can create a PIN (Personal Identification Number) to use in place of passwords. Having a PIN makes it easier to sign in to your phone, apps, and services.
This tutorial will show you how to remove the PIN from your Windows 10 Mobile phone.
NoteIn Windows 10 Mobile, when a user enters their PIN code wrong four times, the user will be prompted with a new screen asking them to enter the challenge phrase "A1B2C3." The user is not given another attempt at the passcode until the this challenge phrase is entered, effectively putting a stop any future accidental or purposeful attempts to enter it wrong. If the user were to enter the challenge phrase correctly and proceed to incorrectly enter the wrong PIN once more, the phone will lock and require a restart.
EXAMPLE: Sign in with PIN on Windows 10 Phone
1. Open Settings, and tap on Accounts. (see screenshot below)
2. Tap on Sign-in options. (see screenshot below)
3. Tap on the Remove button under PIN. (see screenshot below)
4. Tap on Remove again to confirm. (see screenshot below)
5. If you like, tap on the Start button at the bottom of your phone to go back to your Start screen. (see screenshot below)
- How to Add a PIN to your Windows 10 Mobile Phone
- How to Change the PIN on your Windows 10 Mobile Phone
- How to Reset the PIN on your Windows 10 Mobile Phone
- How to Lock your Windows 10 Mobile Phone Online