Add Kill All Not Responding Tasks Context Menu in Windows 10  

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

  1. Posts : 16,396
    Win 10 Pro 64-bit v1909 - Build 18363 Custom ISO Install
       #20

    Hello @SpacemanSam,

    SpacemanSam said:
    I tried creating an infinite loop in cmd . . .
    I found this . . .

    Code:
    
    :start
    taskkill /f /fi "status eq not responding"
    sleep 600
    goto start

    . . . here => Windows Batch file to run in background and kill any non responsive program automatically

    Does that help?
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 90
    10 pro
       #21

    BlackVen0m said:
    Thanks!! It worked! I can now see what the task is. The problematic one i had is called jusched.exe. What is that?
    According to software tested .com (which this website kept rejecting until I butchered the name by adding spaces): "Jusched.exe is part of JavaUpdateScheduler and developed by Oracle Corporation according to the Jusched.exe file information. In certain cases, malicious trackers and scripts can disguise themselves as legitimate files, like Jusched.exe, leading to glitches, overload and system malfunctions."

    Jusched.exe shouldn't be causing problems, but it could have become corrupted, or something malicious is masquerading as Jusched.exe.

    Try this: Uninstall Java, then run a scan with https://www.malwarebytes.com/.
    If the problem persists, you'll have to dig deeper. Autoruns (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sys...loads/autoruns) can ferret out everything that launches automatically.

    Once you've found and eliminated the problem, you can reinstall Java if you want.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 159
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #22

    SpacemanSam said:
    According to software tested .com (which this website kept rejecting until I butchered the name by adding spaces): "Jusched.exe is part of JavaUpdateScheduler and developed by Oracle Corporation according to the Jusched.exe file information. In certain cases, malicious trackers and scripts can disguise themselves as legitimate files, like Jusched.exe, leading to glitches, overload and system malfunctions."

    Jusched.exe shouldn't be causing problems, but it could have become corrupted, or something malicious is masquerading as Jusched.exe.

    Try this: Uninstall Java, then run a scan with https://www.malwarebytes.com/.
    If the problem persists, you'll have to dig deeper. Autoruns (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sys...loads/autoruns) can ferret out everything that launches automatically.

    Once you've found and eliminated the problem, you can reinstall Java if you want.
    Thanks. i just unticked (check automatically for updates in java) and the issue is fixed
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 90
    10 pro
       #23

    BlackVen0m said:
    Thanks. i just unticked (check automatically for updates in java) and the issue is fixed
    If that "fixes" the problem, there must be something wrong with the Java update checker on your computer. I've installed Java on dozens of computers and never had a problem with it. I don't recommend running Java with update checking turned off - Java is a very popular target for malware writers so you need to keep it updated to stay protected.

    Uninstall Java and reinstall it from the Java website https://www.java.com/en/download/, and see if that fixes the problem.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 380
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #24

    i'm not the sharpest tool in the shed (probably the biggest) but just for me in laymans terms this reg file basically will do the same or similar as opening task manger and killing process's there, would be very convenient for sure.

    if i have it right its definitely going into my registry tweaks folder, with all the others.

    cheers
    Rob
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 18,620
    Win 10 Home 10.0.19044.1889 (x64) [21H2]
       #25

    rooscoota said:
    i'm not the sharpest tool in the shed (probably the biggest) but just for me in laymans terms this reg file basically will do the same or similar as opening task manger and killing process's there, would be very convenient for sure.

    if i have it right its definitely going into my registry tweaks folder, with all the others.

    cheers
    Rob



    Yep. That's what it does. The only difference is, that it kills ALL not responding tasks, at the same time.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 380
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #26

    Ghot said:
    Yep. That's what it does. The only difference is, that it kills ALL not responding tasks, at the same time.
    groovy, downloaded saved registered

    thanks mate
    Rob

    - - - Updated - - -

    and of course thanks to Brink and the other contributors
      My Computers



 

Tutorial Categories

Add Kill All Not Responding Tasks Context Menu in Windows 10 Tutorial Index Network & Sharing Instalation and Upgrade Browsers and Email General Tips Gaming Customization Apps and Features Virtualization BSOD System Security User Accounts Hardware and Drivers Updates and Activation Backup and Restore Performance and Maintenance Mixed Reality Phone


  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:27.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums