Windows 10: Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image  

Page 24 of 51 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 377
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit v10586.3
       22 Mar 2016 #230

    Try the tech bench iso. it has the install.wim files for dism runs when source files are needed for the correction of non repairable files.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    22 Mar 2016 #231

    lopedoggie said: View Post
    Try the tech bench iso. it has the install.wim files for dism runs when source files are needed for the correction of non repairable files.
    Can you guide me through please!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 21,605
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 16226
    Thread Starter
       22 Mar 2016 #232

    ivanoviskie said: View Post
    Can you guide me through please!
    Hello Ivan,

    You could use step 6 in OPTION ONE for this. The note box under that step includes a link for the Tech Bench ISO file.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4.    22 Mar 2016 #233

    Ok, I realized it now, I did it then I did the command
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:D:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess
    where I changed the letter D to my drivers letter. Th process was successful, it said (the restore operation completed successfully.The operation Completed successfully) then I restarted my computer and then did the command
    SFC /Scannow
    but it said it found corrupted files but can't fix some of them.
    My major problem and what brought me here is that my language input indicator is blank, and on microsoft website they said to go through this process to fix this problem.

    Don't know what to do next exactly!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 377
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit v10586.3
       22 Mar 2016 #234

    ivanoviskie said: View Post
    Can you guide me through please!
    the full path to the install.wim files looks like this D:\sources\install.wim where D: could just as well be E,F,G ... the letter designating the location of your source file will only be available after you mount the iso to your pc. you do that by simply right clicking on the iso and click mount, then look in your "This PC" in windows explorer to view that iso mount drive letter. Whatever that is use it for your path to the install.wim file. you can also run the dism repair command with out the "/limit access" in the dism repair command line. hope this helps.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    22 Mar 2016 #235

    lopedoggie said: View Post
    the full path to the install.wim files looks like this D:\sources\install.wim where D: could just as well be E,F,G ... the letter designating the location of your source file will only be available after you mount the iso to your pc. you do that by simply right clicking on the iso and click mount, then look in your "This PC" in windows explorer to view that iso mount drive letter. Whatever that is use it for your path to the install.wim file. hope this helps.
    Firstly thank you.
    I did that, I know i have to change the letter to the exact source in my computer, I did that. But my problem is not with this step, it has been done successfully, my problem is with the next step where after restart I need to do the command sfc /scannow again, where it always says it can't fix the corrupted files no matter I did, and as I said in the previous post, I want to fix the blank language input indicator,
    Thank you again
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 21,605
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 16226
    Thread Starter
       22 Mar 2016 #236

    ivanoviskie said: View Post
    Firstly thank you.
    I did that, I know i have to change the letter to the exact source in my computer, I did that. But my problem is not with this step, it has been done successfully, my problem is with the next step where after restart I need to do the command sfc /scannow again, where it always says it can't fix the corrupted files no matter I did, and as I said in the previous post, I want to fix the blank language input indicator,
    Thank you again
    Since SFC can't repair the files even after running the DISM command, you could do a repair install to fix it without losing anything.

    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 377
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit v10586.3
       22 Mar 2016 #237

    i had this same problem several times where dism fixed it but sfc /scannow could not. i waited until the next cumulative update and ran the dism iso install.wim again and then sfc /scannow and all is fine this time around. I have no idea why the integrity issue sometimes works in resolving the problem or dism corrects the corrupt files and sfc ... will not but, i do know in my own experience the problem resolves itself with a cumulative update of win 10. exactly which one is anyone's guess imo. i don't get to worried about this if the dism action show repairs made and everything is okay regardless of the sfc ... results. I do not do re installs to correct this or restores. just sayin.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    25 Mar 2016 #238

    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:esd:Z:\sources\install.esd:1 /limitaccess
    I just ran the above command but got this error: 0x800F081F The source files could not be found.
    Z is my DVD drive and Z:\sources\install.esd really exists.
    Why could the file not be found?

    Last edited by Matthew Wai; 25 Mar 2016 at 04:50.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 28,663
    Windows10Pro 64Bit - Build 14393.1198
       25 Mar 2016 #239

    Matthew Wai said: View Post
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:esd:Z:\sources\install.esd:1 /limitaccess
    I just ran the above command but got this error: 0x800F081F The source files could not be found.
    Z is my DVD drive and Z:\sources\install.esd really exists.
    Why could the file not be found?

    Download this app made by one of our members. "Image Health Zip" to run your dism commands. link is here.
    Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 24 of 51 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Related Threads
SFC Scannow or DISM/RestoreHealth using Image in Performance & Maintenance
Windows 10 user. Having some trouble with my system after coming back from a weekend. Nothing major...just having trouble playing some games that require plugins etc Regardless if it's related, I just wanted to run an SFC/Scannow or...
Hello, everyone, I've managed to resolve most of my problems with build 10041 by making SFC work. I've opened a thread on Windows Insider's forums explaining how to do it. Check it out:...
I've just upgraded Windows 7 64-bit HP OEM to Windows 10 Technical preview 64-bit. Extracted the install while booted within 7, install went smoothly, opted to keep all my files, and once the install was finished it went to boot Windows 10. It hung...
I installed the 32 bit version of W10 on an old Acer laptop to get back up to speed with developments, and one of the first questions or issues that cropped up is when using W10's disk image utility to make a system image. I deliberately wished to...
Windows 10 TP Repair and Recovery Features in Installation and Upgrade
I'm currently running the 10 TP in a virtual machine. I see that the various boot and repair options can be accessed by <shift> Restart from the desktop, however F8 during boot doesn't appear to work. Can someone who is actually running this on...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:17.
Find Us