Windows 10: Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image  

Page 19 of 55 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
  1.    06 Feb 2016 #180

    Have you saved a Windows 10 ISO from tech bench? (has to be from Tech Bench)
    (Do Not use the Media Creation Tool !!)
    If yes, please mount it. If not, you will have to download the iso.
    Then go to elevated command prompt and copy/paste this...............
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:H:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess
    Note: H is the letter where the iso is mounted. If yours is not H, change it.
    1) Best way is copying the install.WIM from the ISO to a partition, like E:
    2) DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:E:\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 2,034
    Ubuntu14.04x64 MintMate17x64 Win10Prox64
       06 Feb 2016 #181

    OldMike65 said: View Post
    Much easier to do if you download the right ISO for your windows 10 from Tech Bench. The big difference is in the Install.wim file.....
    Not neccessary have to be install.wim. You can use install.esd also. Read post:
    DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image - Page 16 - Windows 10 Forums
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    06 Feb 2016 #182

    topgundcp said: View Post
    Not neccessary have to be install.wim. You can use install.esd also. Read post:
    DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image - Page 16 - Windows 10 Forums
    Well that kinda gets back to my original question. Since I do not have C:\$Windows.~BT but do have C:\ESD\Windows\sources\install.esd can I use it instead of the downloaded MCT ?

    The last time I downloaded Windows 10 ISO for a clean install on the laptop it only took 10 mins. Could have done that several times this evening instead of keeping OldMike busy. Of course that was thru Media Creation Tool, not TechBench.

    So I think have a fairly good idea of how to proceed. Guess there's is no harm in downloading the ISO & running Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:Full Path to install.wim file:1 /limitaccess

    thanks again
    Last edited by dogpark; 06 Feb 2016 at 22:33.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    07 Feb 2016 #183

    Posting back with results in case may be of help to others :0)

    I ran the DISM command & the operation completed successfully. CheckHealth & ScanHealth both came back Healthy, Yay! So apparently there really was corruption.
    Code:
    Windows PowerShellCopyright (C) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
    
    PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:K:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitacc
    
    Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.10586.0
    
    Image Version: 10.0.10586.0
    
    [==========================100.0%==========================]
    The restore operation completed successfully.
    The operation completed successfully.
    PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Repair-WindowsImage -Online -CheckHealth
    
    
    Path             :
    Online           : False
    ImageHealthState : Healthy
    RestartNeeded    : False
    
    
    PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Repair-WindowsImage -Online -ScanHealth
    
    
    Path             :
    Online           : False
    ImageHealthState : Healthy
    RestartNeeded    : False
    One note: Altho I downloaded the TechBench ISO to drive letter J: when mounted it showed on drive letter K:? I went to install.wim on the J: drive & using a trick I learned from Edwin = to fetch the 'path' yourself the easiest way is: navigate to the item, Shift/Right Click/Copy as Path and Paste into the dialog but remove the quotation marks.
    The path it copied was in fact K:\sources\install.wim. I was a little confused as to what the full path name to install.wim might be but the Shift/Right Click/Copy as Path and Paste removed all doubt.

    Ran another sfc/ scannow & it did repair successfully this time:
    Code:
    2016-02-07 11:54:49, Info                  CSI    000050c2 [SR] Beginning Verify and Repair transaction2016-02-07 11:54:51, Info                  CSI    00005112 [SR] Verify complete
    2016-02-07 11:54:51, Info                  CSI    00005113 [SR] Repairing 1 components
    2016-02-07 11:54:51, Info                  CSI    00005114 [SR] Beginning Verify and Repair transaction
    2016-02-07 11:54:51, Info                  CSI    00005116 [SR] Repairing corrupted file [l:23 ml:24]"\??\C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64"\[l:10]"opencl.dll" from store
    2016-02-07 11:54:51, Info                  CSI    00005118 [SR] Repair complete
    2016-02-07 11:54:51, Info                  CSI    00005119 [SR] Committing transaction
    2016-02-07 11:54:51, Info                  CSI    0000511e [SR] Verify and Repair Transaction completed. All files and registry keys listed in this transaction  have been successfully repaired
    Restarted the PC, ran another sfc /scannow & now we happily see Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.
    So in my case anyway the nVidia driver issue & hash mismatch for opencl.dll was probably best not ignored as I did appear to actually have a problem.

    Thank you ten forums
    Last edited by dogpark; 04 Mar 2016 at 14:25.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    07 Feb 2016 #184

    dogpark said: View Post
    Posting back with results in case may be of help to others :0)

    I ran the DISM command & the operation completed successfully. CheckHealth & ScanHealth both came back Healthy, Yay! So apparently there really was corruption.
    Code:
    Windows PowerShellCopyright (C) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
    
    PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:K:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitacc
    
    Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.10586.0
    
    Image Version: 10.0.10586.0
    
    [==========================100.0%==========================]
    The restore operation completed successfully.
    The operation completed successfully.
    PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Repair-WindowsImage -Online -CheckHealth
    
    
    Path             :
    Online           : False
    ImageHealthState : Healthy
    RestartNeeded    : False
    
    
    PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Repair-WindowsImage -Online -ScanHealth
    
    
    Path             :
    Online           : False
    ImageHealthState : Healthy
    RestartNeeded    : False
    One note: Altho I downloaded the TechBench ISO to drive letter J: when mounted it showed on drive letter K:? I went to install.wim on the J: drive & using a trick I learned from Edwin = to fetch the 'path' yourself the easiest way is: navigate to the item, Shift/Right Click/Copy as Path and Paste into the dialog but remove the quotation marks.
    The path it copied was in fact K:\sources\install.wim. I was a little confused as to what the full path name to install.wim might be but the Shift/Right Click/Copy as Path and Paste removed all doubt.

    Ran another sfc/ scannow & it did repair successfully this time:
    Code:
    2016-02-07 11:54:49, Info                  CSI    000050c2 [SR] Beginning Verify and Repair transaction2016-02-07 11:54:51, Info                  CSI    00005112 [SR] Verify complete
    2016-02-07 11:54:51, Info                  CSI    00005113 [SR] Repairing 1 components
    2016-02-07 11:54:51, Info                  CSI    00005114 [SR] Beginning Verify and Repair transaction
    2016-02-07 11:54:51, Info                  CSI    00005116 [SR] Repairing corrupted file [l:23 ml:24]"\??\C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64"\[l:10]"opencl.dll" from store
    2016-02-07 11:54:51, Info                  CSI    00005118 [SR] Repair complete
    2016-02-07 11:54:51, Info                  CSI    00005119 [SR] Committing transaction
    2016-02-07 11:54:51, Info                  CSI    0000511e [SR] Verify and Repair Transaction completed. All files and registry keys listed in this transaction  have been successfully repaired
    Restarted the PC, ran another sfc /scannow & now we happily see Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.
    So in my case anyway the nVidia driver issue & hash mismatch for opencl.dll was probably best not ignored as I did appear to actually have a problem.

    Thank you ten forums
    That is Great News!!! Glad everything worked out for you, and thanks for reporting back too!!!
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6.    09 Feb 2016 #185

    lx07 said: View Post
    The install.wim you get in the ISO from the media creation tool does not work (you still get an install.wim not an .esd - but it is compressed and fails with 0x800f081f "The source files could not be found").

    You need to download the ISO from Tech Bench to use the /source option in dism.

    You could try using that one and see if it helps...
    Would like to say thank you, this solves my problem. I have corruption no matter how many clean installs I have done (Because of the NVIDIA driver I'm assuming - I have a GTX 970)

    Download the tech bench, and use the install.esd as /source.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    09 Feb 2016 #186

    JacobDrivers said: View Post
    Would like to say thank you, this solves my problem. I have corruption no matter how many clean installs I have done (Because of the NVIDIA driver I'm assuming - I have a GTX 970)

    Download the tech bench, and use the install.esd as /source.
    Don't overstate it.

    Even if you do a clean install without Nvidea you'll still have the same issue (I have a 2 MacBook Pro, one with AMD, one with built in Intel and a Lenovo X201 with only Intel Graphics)

    All had the same issue.

    For me I don't care and I can easly fix it. For others who do have NVidea (like @OldMike65) you have to copy back the larger .dll

    It isn't tricky but I didn't give the answer (thanks all the same) - only if you didn't use that type of GPU.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    09 Feb 2016 #187

    lx07 said: View Post
    Don't overstate it.

    If you do a clean install without Nvidea you'll stll have the same issue (I have a 2 MacBook Pro, one with AMD, one with built in Intel and a Lenovo X201 with only Intel Graphics)

    All had the same issue.

    For me I don't care and I can easly fix it. For others who do have NVidea (like @OldMike65) you have to copy back the larger .dll

    It isn't tricky but I didn't give the answer (thanks all the same) - only if you didn't use that type of GPU.
    Yes that is correct on the opencl.dll problem, but now I don't copy the opencl file back anymore, as anytime you run sfc /scannow windows will remove it everytime. I have found out, at least for me, I see no difference if you copy it back, or let windows remove it. Hopefully Nvidia and MS will get together on this bug, as its been like this for last 3 months.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9.    09 Feb 2016 #188

    OldMike65 said: View Post
    I see no difference if you copy it back, or let windows remove it.
    That is interesting. I know for a fact it makes no difference if you have (an old) AMD or Intel GPU like me. Are you saying opencl.dll makes no difference even if you NVidea?

    If so everyone has been crying like babies over one .dll when it changes ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE.

    Please Microsoft give us another problem (ideally one that makes a difference one way or the other)..
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    09 Feb 2016 #189

    lx07 said: View Post
    That is interesting. I know for a fact it makes no difference if you have (an old) AMD or Intel GPU like me. Are you saying opencl.dll makes no difference even if you NVidea?

    If so everyone has been crying like babies over one .dll when it changes ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE.

    Please Microsoft give us another problem (ideally one that makes a difference one way or the other)..
    It actually does more than that, meaning running sfc /scannow. Scannow removes 1 of the opencl.dll files completely, then changes 2 others to the MS versions. I will post 2 pics showing the difference, notice the file sizes AND dates. The ones with the dates 10/30/2015 are all MS versions of Opencl.dll The ones with the newer file dates are Nvidia's
    1st pic is what happens after you run sfc 2nd pic is what they look like BEFORE MS changes them.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	opencl.PNG 
Views:	64 
Size:	38.8 KB 
ID:	63342

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	opencl2.PNG 
Views:	113 
Size:	36.9 KB 
ID:	63343

    I know these are older Nvidia drivers, not the latest, but the results are always the same.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 19 of 55 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Related Threads
SFC Scannow or DISM/RestoreHealth using Image in Performance & Maintenance
Windows 10 user. Having some trouble with my system after coming back from a weekend. Nothing major...just having trouble playing some games that require plugins etc Regardless if it's related, I just wanted to run an SFC/Scannow or...
Hello, everyone, I've managed to resolve most of my problems with build 10041 by making SFC work. I've opened a thread on Windows Insider's forums explaining how to do it. Check it out:...
I've just upgraded Windows 7 64-bit HP OEM to Windows 10 Technical preview 64-bit. Extracted the install while booted within 7, install went smoothly, opted to keep all my files, and once the install was finished it went to boot Windows 10. It hung...
I installed the 32 bit version of W10 on an old Acer laptop to get back up to speed with developments, and one of the first questions or issues that cropped up is when using W10's disk image utility to make a system image. I deliberately wished to...
Windows 10 TP Repair and Recovery Features in Installation and Upgrade
I'm currently running the 10 TP in a virtual machine. I see that the various boot and repair options can be accessed by <shift> Restart from the desktop, however F8 during boot doesn't appear to work. Can someone who is actually running this on...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:19.
Find Us