Page 80 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
  1.    03 Aug 2017 #790
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 3,755
    10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    Managed to make ISO from windows.old this time.
    If you look back through this thread Mike, you will see the reason for failed attempts and that is always some useless app hasn't fully downloaded.

    It doesn't actually matter if you try to make the ISO before or after restarting as they both fail for the same reason - it will fail if D52A8D61.FarmVille2CountryEscape or whatever hasn't fully download. It doesn't matter if you try to make the ISO before rebooting, or reboot and make it from Windows.old

    Best thing to do is either make the ISO immediately (before Windows start breaking things with unsolicited downloads) or reboot immediately and make it from Windows.old. Either will work fine.

    You could of course, leave it for hours so all the junk is downloaded and then make your ISO.

    It is just a timing thing really - the upgrade reboot doesn't selectively leave out things to copy to Windows.old (at least as far as I can see) but the ISO creation will fail if there are partially downloaded apps wherever you look for the source.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    03 Aug 2017 #791
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,458
    W10 Insider + Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by lx07 View Post
    If you look back through this thread Mike, you will see the reason for failed attempts and that is always some useless app hasn't fully downloaded.

    It doesn't actually matter if you try to make the ISO before or after restarting as they both fail for the same reason - it will fail if D52A8D61.FarmVille2CountryEscape or whatever hasn't fully download. It doesn't matter if you try to make the ISO before rebooting, or reboot and make it from Windows.old

    Best thing to do is either make the ISO immediately (before Windows start breaking things with unsolicited downloads) or reboot immediately and make it from Windows.old

    It is just a timing thing really - the upgrade doesn't selectively leave out things to copy to Windows.old.
    I made an ISO before restarting and installation but wanted to see if it could be done after.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    03 Aug 2017 #792
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 3,755
    10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    I made an ISO before restarting and installation but wanted to see if it could be done after.
    Both work fine. It is obvious really as the directory is simply renamed.

    The script only fails if Windows has started downloading some CandyCrush app and didn't finish before you decide to make the ISO. In that case neither work - whether you rebooted or not.

    If you haven't rebooted you can just wait for the download to complete and try again (and hope it doesn't start trying to download A278AB0D.MarchofEmpires or whatever is next on the list.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    03 Aug 2017 #793
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,458
    W10 Insider + Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by lx07 View Post
    Both work fine.

    They only fail if Windows starts downloading some idiot CandyCrush app and doesn't finish before you decide to make the ISO.

    In that case neither work.
    No, I wait until whole prep part is finished and fully downloaded. Only than I start making ISO. After ISO is made I mount it to USB and only after all of that I restart. That should give it enough time to settle down. I just wanted to try this from windows.old in case I forget or by some accident it goes thru without my intervention.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    03 Aug 2017 #794
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 3,755
    10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    No, I wait until whole prep part is finished and fully downloaded. Only than I start making ISO. After ISO is made I mount it to USB and only after all of that I restart. That should give it enough time to settle down. I just wanted to try this from windows.old in case I forget or by some accident it goes thru without my intervention.
    If you wait until everything is downloaded then either directory (before or after reboot) will work.

    It is only the incomplete downloading of the extra apps that causes the problems with the script and that can cause a missing file error before reboot just as much as after. The only difference is before reboot you can wait and try again.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    03 Aug 2017 #795
    Join Date : Aug 2017
    Posts : 2
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    That has nothing to do with UUPtoISO which creates totally normal ISO images.

    If the bit version, language and edition of ISO are the same than underlying Windows, and Windows program files and Windows itself are installed on system partition C: you can keep everything or select what to keep:

    Attachment 146908

    Screenshot from upgrade process using Windows 10 Pro build 16257 ISO made this morning with UUPtoISO tool, upgrading build 16251.

    If upgrade from ISO does not let you choose what to keep, the reason is told at bottom of the window:

    Attachment 146909
    That is what I was seeing, but I ran Disk Cleanup including System Files and old Windows installations and tried again.
    It now seems to be installing normally.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    03 Aug 2017 #796
    Join Date : Jan 2017
    Turku
    Posts : 1,787
    Windows 10 Pro IP Build 16299.19 (Branch: RS3 Release)

    Creating 16257.1 Pro EN_US ISO went smoothly.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  8.    04 Aug 2017 #797
    Join Date : Jun 2017
    Posts : 4
    Windows 10

    Cannot run UUPtoISO


    My anti-virus software simply won't allow me to run this tool. It's a damned shame, too. Been looking everywhere for and 16257 ISO to no avail. What's the outlook on getting that tool whitelisted?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    04 Aug 2017 #798
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,458
    W10 Insider + Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbobTX View Post
    My anti-virus software simply won't allow me to run this tool. It's a damned shame, too. Been looking everywhere for and 16257 ISO to no avail. What's the outlook on getting that tool whitelisted?
    Which AV ? Most have an option to whitelist, ignore or exclude a particular perceived threat.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  10.    04 Aug 2017 #799
    Join Date : Jun 2017
    Posts : 4
    Windows 10

    Symantec Endpoint Protection. Chrome browser won't even download the file, either.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 80 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Tutorial Category
Installation & Upgrade ESD to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 ESD File
As Microsoft has changed the upgrade method from ESD based upgrade to a UUP based, the method told in this tutorial does not work anymore with 15xxx and later builds. Please see UUP to ISO tutorial for a working method: UUP to ISO - Create...
Tutorials
Solved How to create a Windows 10 bootable install disk?
I've asked about this a long time ago. Several personal issue interfered with me getting computer work done. Now I'm starting a telecommuting job in a week, need to clean things up a bit. Just in case I have issues, I'd like to burn off a bootable...
Installation and Upgrade
Can I create Bootable USB for Win 10 from another computer?
Had tried to update the BIOS on my son's Alienware Aurora R4 so that we could install an upgraded graphics card (980 Ti). Used the Dell Support site - and was upgrading from Bios 7 to Bios 9 - would eventually go up to current version 11 before...
General Support
Solved How do I create a bootable USB drive with an ISO?
Tried looking this up online, but couldn't find any specific information. I'm running on Windows 10 Home, and I have a Windows 10 ISO I want to put in a flash drive so it's bootable. How do I do this?
Installation and Upgrade
Solved An Alternative to Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 install.esd File
Here's an alternative in addition to Kari's Tutorial: ESD to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 ESD File - Windows 10 Forums https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJ8SCzhbycA NOTE: It is better to create an ISO contaning install.wim so if you...
Installation and Upgrade
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:42.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums