Page 41 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast
  1.    15 Mar 2017 #400
    Join Date : Jan 2017
    Turku
    Posts : 1,777
    Windows 10 Pro IP Build 16299.19 (Branch: RS3 Release)

    Quote Originally Posted by M4v3r1ck View Post
    Agreed 100%, that was the core of my Q! Also adding a timestamp to it may be useful!

    At least MS does that for their builds. UUP to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 Build Upgrade Files

    Cheers
    Absolutely, there is so much more to just writing an application, compiling, packaging and releasing. A lot of extra meta data must be included so the user and the developer both can check what they are using.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    15 Mar 2017 #401
    Join Date : Nov 2014
    The Netherlands
    Posts : 628
    Win 10 Pro x64 1607 (Build 14393.953)

    Quote Originally Posted by slicendice View Post
    Absolutely, there is so much more to just writing an application, compiling, packaging and releasing. A lot of extra meta data must be included so the user and the developer both can check what they are using.
    Top Notch! UUP to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 Build Upgrade Files

    Cheers
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    15 Mar 2017 #402
    Join Date : Jan 2017
    Turku
    Posts : 1,777
    Windows 10 Pro IP Build 16299.19 (Branch: RS3 Release)

    We must be blind or something. Both the installer and the application contains the current version number which is 2.2.0.1

      My ComputersSystem Spec
  4.    15 Mar 2017 #403
    Join Date : Nov 2014
    The Netherlands
    Posts : 628
    Win 10 Pro x64 1607 (Build 14393.953)

    UUP to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 Build Upgrade Files


    Quote Originally Posted by slicendice View Post
    We must be blind or something. Both the installer and the application contains the current version number which is 2.2.0.1

    So we both must have a blind spot in our frontal cortex! Oops... UUP to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 Build Upgrade Files

    Where is version tracking post, or am I missing something obvious here?

    For example:
    2.2.0.1 date/time - release/change notes
    2.2.0 date/time - release/change notes
    2.1.x date/time - release/change notes

    Cheers
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    15 Mar 2017 #404
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    A Finnish expat in Germany
    Posts : 12,951
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by johngalt View Post
    Do we all need to make this change on our end, of have you updated the tool to have this fix in it now, Kari?
    I will post updated tool later today


    Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilco91 View Post
    Thanks for the detailed explanation. Looks like after upgrading, the ESD's disappear and isn't in the Windows.old folder.
    I've tested and tested, I can't get it to fail! The correct update files are always in Windows.old in all my tests. One strange thing I can see in your screenshots is that you only have about 4 GB free scape on system drive after the upgrade, thinking if that might be the culprit.


    Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilco91 View Post
    So, maybe Kari should update the beta guide or notes and make sure that it mentions that creating the ISO after upgrading is still not possible?
    It is possible. Yes, you have an issue with it but reading the feedback and what my own tests show there's no issue in general.


    Quote Originally Posted by johngalt View Post
    The ßeta tool worked on my laptop post-update from the Windows.Old folder.

    It locked up at 78% on my desktop pre-install.
    Please could you explain a bit more detailed? UUPtoISO from Windows.old fails on your desktop?


    Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilco91 View Post
    Edit: Could those AMD64 be related to the specific hardware architecture you are running (IE running on an AMD CPU instead of Intel?)
    Those files and folders are amd64 in all 64 bit Windows, regardless if Intel or AMD hardware, and x86 in 32 bit Windows.

    Microsoft uses these two Processor Architecture values, amd64 and x86. For instance when customizing Windows deployment image with Sysprep, bit architecture in unattended answer files must be told as <ProcessorArchitecture=amd64> if customizing a 64 bit Windows regardless if Windows image will then be deployed to AMD or Intel hardware.

    For reasons unknown to me amd64 is what Microsoft has chosen to use to specify a 64 bit Windows installation.


    Quote Originally Posted by z1r View Post
    Hi Kari, I just built an ISO after build 15058 was already installed and everything worked perfectly. Thanks for this great tool.
    Hi z1r, welcome to Ten Forums. Positive feedback is always welcome, especially nice when a new member's first post is to say thanks, indicating he / she might have registered just to do that


    Quote Originally Posted by slicendice View Post
    Our latest Beta tool does some extra conversion steps that might not be required for the final ISO.

    I use Windows Pro en-US but our tool also converts Express Packages from fi-FI. I don't think these files are even included in the final ISO, at least I could not find any fi-FI Packages/folders in the install.wim file from the ISO.
    That's because you have Finnish input language installed in English Windows. I get the same with Finnish, Swedish, French and German because I have those language packs and input languages installed.


    Quote Originally Posted by slicendice View Post
    You are not using the latest tool we are testing. The current download contains files that are not signed and are not installed, thus requires you to unblock each and every file from the download before proceeding with the conversion process.
    Only the installer is digitally signed, the app and uninstaller not, but there's no need to unblock anything.


    Quote Originally Posted by M4v3r1ck View Post
    Where is version tracking post, or am I missing something obvious here?
    Let me think how to do this.

    To start with, here's a short changelog:
    Version 2 > first that was delivered as application instead of batch file
    Version 2.2 > Updated license and installer, shortened code by removing unnecessary elements, corrected some spelling in prompts shown to end user
    Version 2.2.0.1 > Current version, only change was to replace a very pixelated low res Ten Forums logo in installer's last prompt with a high res image


    Kari
    Last edited by Kari; 15 Mar 2017 at 07:43. Reason: Typos
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    15 Mar 2017 #405
    Join Date : Nov 2014
    The Netherlands
    Posts : 628
    Win 10 Pro x64 1607 (Build 14393.953)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    Let me think how to do this.

    To start with, here's a short changelog:
    Version 2 > first that was delivered as application instead of batch file
    Version 2.2 > Updated license and installer, shortened code by removing unnecessary elements, corrected some spelling in prompts shown to end user
    Version 2.2.0.1 > Current version, only change was to replace a very pixelated low res Ten Forums logo in installer's last prompt with a high res image

    Kari

    Thanks!

    Cheers
    Last edited by M4v3r1ck; 15 Mar 2017 at 10:11.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    15 Mar 2017 #406
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    A Finnish expat in Germany
    Posts : 12,951
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter

    Just a general reminder geeks, a fact that I have tried to make very clear in titles and included Quick Start PDF:

    The original decrypter script comes from fellow geeks at MDL forums. My part is and has only been to put things together.

    Kudos where kudos belongs!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    15 Mar 2017 #407
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    A Finnish expat in Germany
    Posts : 12,951
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter

    I'll start rewriting tutorial now. After some serious thinking I decided that this warning that has been in tutorial since the day it was written will remain:

    warning   Warning
    Notice please: When Windows Update has finished downloading the UUP upgrade, the files needed to make the ISO are stored in subfolders of C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download.

    These files will be removed when upgrade is done. If you want to make an ISO for future needs, you have to do it before starting the upgrade process itself, after downloading the upgrade files but before clicking Restart now button!

    It's then up to end user to decide if he / she wants to bite the bullet and try his / her luck, upgrade first and then when done check if ISO can still be made from Windows.old

    Kari
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    15 Mar 2017 #408
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts : 842
    Windows 1.00 to Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Build 14971.1000

    Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    I'll start rewriting tutorial now. After some serious thinking I decided that this warning that has been in tutorial since the day it was written will remain:

    warning   Warning
    Notice please: When Windows Update has finished downloading the UUP upgrade, the files needed to make the ISO are stored in subfolders of C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download.

    These files will be removed when upgrade is done. If you want to make an ISO for future needs, you have to do it before starting the upgrade process itself, after downloading the upgrade files but before clicking Restart now button!

    It's then up to end user to decide if he / she wants to bite the bullet and try his / her luck, upgrade first and then when done check if ISO can still be made from Windows.old

    Kari
    Managed to make an ISO and installed it in Hyper-V.

    Only issue was that I had to run the executable as Administrator.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    15 Mar 2017 #409
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    A Finnish expat in Germany
    Posts : 12,951
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by fjk61011 View Post
    Managed to make an ISO and installed it in Hyper-V.

    Only issue was that I had to run the executable as Administrator.
    Strange. It's made to run elevated, it should be elevated automatically. I'll check that.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 41 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Tutorial Category
Installation & Upgrade ESD to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 ESD File
As Microsoft has changed the upgrade method from ESD based upgrade to a UUP based, the method told in this tutorial does not work anymore with 15xxx and later builds. Please see UUP to ISO tutorial for a working method: UUP to ISO - Create...
Tutorials
Solved How to create a Windows 10 bootable install disk?
I've asked about this a long time ago. Several personal issue interfered with me getting computer work done. Now I'm starting a telecommuting job in a week, need to clean things up a bit. Just in case I have issues, I'd like to burn off a bootable...
Installation and Upgrade
Can I create Bootable USB for Win 10 from another computer?
Had tried to update the BIOS on my son's Alienware Aurora R4 so that we could install an upgraded graphics card (980 Ti). Used the Dell Support site - and was upgrading from Bios 7 to Bios 9 - would eventually go up to current version 11 before...
General Support
Solved How do I create a bootable USB drive with an ISO?
Tried looking this up online, but couldn't find any specific information. I'm running on Windows 10 Home, and I have a Windows 10 ISO I want to put in a flash drive so it's bootable. How do I do this?
Installation and Upgrade
Solved An Alternative to Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 install.esd File
Here's an alternative in addition to Kari's Tutorial: ESD to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 ESD File - Windows 10 Forums https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJ8SCzhbycA NOTE: It is better to create an ISO contaning install.wim so if you...
Installation and Upgrade
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:03.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums