Windows 10: Shut Down Computer in Windows 10  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

  1. Posts : 15,000
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
       22 Feb 2016 #10

    Scottyboy99 said: View Post
    Thanks that's perfect. I checked my settings and that is how it is configured. Press power and that does shutdown, so that's a simple quick press then and will shut it down safely even if I was mid game?
    Yep. If your mid game, it might take a bit until Windows can close everything to shut down, but it will and safely.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    17 Jul 2016 #11

    Many thanks Shawn
    Any idea how to fully shutdown uncountable windows that is already on hybrid? From bookable cd maybe from cmd?
    thanks
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 20,887
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 16199
    Thread Starter
       17 Jul 2016 #12

    Hello nissimezra,

    I'm not sure other than waking them, then shut down.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4.    19 Jul 2016 #13

    Brink said: View Post
    Hello nissimezra,

    I'm not sure other than waking them, then shut down.
    Thanks Shawn
    Kind of a problem with unbootable computer and add to all that system resatore is disabled by defulet WOW
    It seems that ms giving the users hard time.
    When I try to scan a pc that shutdown with hibride using ESET I receive an error. shutdown and then scan. but what if the pc is not bootable coz of a virus?

    Anyone tried to scan with windows dfender offline after hybride shutdown? Does it work?

    Kind regards
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 20,887
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 16199
    Thread Starter
       19 Jul 2016 #14

    If you have a virus, you might consider a clean install if you already have everything backed up.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 11,235
    W10Prox64
       19 Jul 2016 #15

    nissimezra said: View Post
    Thanks Shawn
    Kind of a problem with unbootable computer and add to all that system resatore is disabled by defulet WOW
    It seems that ms giving the users hard time.
    When I try to scan a pc that shutdown with hibride using ESET I receive an error. shutdown and then scan. but what if the pc is not bootable coz of a virus?

    Anyone tried to scan with windows dfender offline after hybride shutdown? Does it work?

    Kind regards
    Hi.
    There are a few options to scan an infected non-bootable system, using bootable media:

    1. Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk - Windows 10 Forums
    You can run Malwarebytes from this media.

    2. Download Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10

    How to Use the Kaspersky Rescue Disk to Clean Your Infected PC

    3. AVG | Antivirus Software Download

    4. Download Avira Rescue System | Official Website

    5. How to create a Bitdefender Rescue CD
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    21 Jul 2016 #16

    I'm aware of all these cd's but this one:
    Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk - Windows 10 Forums
    Thats something that I was looking for

    thanks for the info

    The question is will kasper or avg scan a computer that was hybrid shutdown? I will try and post replay here.
    Eset sysrescue won't work.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    21 Jul 2016 #17

    Brink said: View Post
    If you have a virus, you might consider a clean install if you already have everything backed up.
    I have everything backed up but they don't.
    It's not quit as simple when you are dealing with a customer computer. They have programs that they dont even know there names, and eveyone want to have his computer exactly the same. When it comes to a client pc the best thing is to try to get it back with the same operating system and same setting, clean it and stable it is the best option. But with window 10 it become harder. I don't know who thought about disabling system restore, no system restore no previous version! thats very bad in case of ransomware!

    I had a laptop that I'm using it sometimes I upgrade to windows 10 from 7 did not do clean install. one day blue screen. since there was no system restore I had no option for recovery.
    thats when I foundout that everyone that upgraded will have no recovery option just clean install.

    Kind regards
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 11,235
    W10Prox64
       21 Jul 2016 #18

    nissimezra said: View Post
    I'm aware of all these cd's but this one:
    Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk - Windows 10 Forums
    Thats something that I was looking for

    thanks for the info

    The question is will kasper or avg scan a computer that was hybrid shutdown? I will try and post replay here.
    Eset sysrescue won't work.
    You're welcome. I saw you mentioned that ESET sysrescue wouldn't work on a hybrid-shutdown system. I am really surprised, because that has been in place since Windows 8 came out. Well, let us know how you make out.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    22 Jul 2016 #19

    simrick said: View Post
    You're welcome. I saw you mentioned that ESET sysrescue wouldn't work on a hybrid-shutdown system. I am really surprised, because that has been in place since Windows 8 came out. Well, let us know how you make out.
    Yes, I've been using eset since it lunched and I can tell you its great tool for cleanup. They have one of the best signatures
    I'm going to try others bcd to see if they work on hybrid. I think WD offline works.

    For me it is not a problem to lose an OS, my file in different partition just insert the USB delete the OS partition and I'm back within 30 minutes. The problem is the average user that suddenly find out that he doesn't have sys restore and those users will find it the hard way
    for me its not acceptable that MS did this without any warning.

    thanks again for the links im going to try it.

    regards
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Related Threads
I had problem dual booting win7 and win10. After many attempts I was able to dual boot. But in the process, I deleted "system reserved" partition. So windows want start. I performed start up repair and it solved the problem. After that I...
How to Create a 'Slide to Shut down' Shortcut in Windows 10 The slide to shut down feature will let you shut down your PC by simply sliding a touch screen down, or dragging a screen down. Currently you can only use slide to shut down by running...
I've been using WIndows 7 for a year, but i just have decided to make a switch to Windows 10 preview, and format my C: since it was full of garbage. So i downloaded a brand new ISO from Microsoft, and put it in a USB stick and Installed Windows 10. ...
http://i.imgur.com/6tiV6Mo.jpg http://i.imgur.com/hDcLSPe.jpg http://i.imgur.com/5s8rLWI.jpg http://i.imgur.com/Q7UIuP6.jpg
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:39.
Find Us