How to Change the PIN for your Account in Windows 10
InformationYou can create a PIN (Personal Identification Number) to use in place of passwords. Having a PIN makes it easier to sign in to Windows, apps, and services.
When you sign-in to Windows 10 with a PIN number, you only need to type your PIN number without pressing Enter.
This tutorial will show you how to change the PIN for your account in Windows 10.
EXAMPLE: Sign-in to Windows 10 with PIN
1. Open the Settings app, and click/tap on the Accounts icon.
2. Click/tap on Sign-in options on the left side, and click/tap on the Change button under PIN on the right side. (see screenshot below)
3. Enter your current PIN at the top, enter a new PIN number you want for your account, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)
NoteIf you uncheck the Use a 4-digit PIN box, you will be able to enter a new PIN number longer than the 4 digit minimum.
4. When finished, you can close Settings if you like.
- How to Add a PIN to your Account in Windows 10
- How to Remove PIN from your Account in Windows 10
- How to Reset the PIN for your Account in Windows 10
I need to change my PIN as my pc no longer recognizes it, and yet... if I can't get past the sign in screen, there appears to be no way to get to "settings"?
I've also attempted to enter a password, which it also fails to recognize.
I'm not a very techy person and have been all over the web trying to fix this problem, to no avail. Can someone here provide some instruction?